Yes
83%
Yes
18%

Total votes : 200

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Flashu2 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:09 pm

This looks like a good role!
One thing I would change is the goal as someone who wishes to become Mayor will surely want to make sure every of their future citizens live. Maybe after certain conditions, the Politician can turn their role into the Mayor such as how the Vampire Hunter can turn into the Vigilante but overall a very interesting and unique concept.
Flashu2
Witch
Witch

Postby cxl1024 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:34 pm

Flashu2 wrote:This looks like a good role!
One thing I would change is the goal as someone who wishes to become Mayor will surely want to make sure every of their future citizens live. Maybe after certain conditions, the Politician can turn their role into the Mayor such as how the Vampire Hunter can turn into the Vigilante but overall a very interesting and unique concept.

By "Mayor" I believe Mace meant a corrupt mayor. In the end this role would not actually change into another mayor as that would make it town and the role works against town so no. It's just part of the lore.
SURVIVOR SUCKS. Check out Kirize12's rework of survivor:

http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=36848
cxl1024
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Mace8937 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:03 pm

cxl1024 wrote:

By "Mayor" I believe Mace meant a corrupt mayor. In the end this role would not actually change into another mayor as that would make it town and the role works against town so no. It's just part of the lore.

Nods.
It's just for lore, not to actually change anything gameplay wise.
y
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Flashu2 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:50 am

Mace8937 wrote:
cxl1024 wrote:

Nods.
It's just for lore, not to actually change anything gameplay wise.

Ah ok still a really unique role though! ;)
Flashu2
Witch
Witch

Postby WindBlqde » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:02 am

I like this idea. It is powerful enough, but not OP. It is very creative and I hope to see more from you in the future! :mrgreen:
I am a preteen fortnite tiktok kid
WindBlqde
Mayor
Mayor

Re: Briber (Neutral Evil)

Postby Sirstubsalot » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:14 am

Mace8937 wrote:
Jason13th wrote:
Mace8937 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:It was perfectly fine as Neutral Evil.

Then I will change it back :roll:

Mafia Support is better.

Can you please give me details to why Mafia Support is better?

It's also not a very good idea because the politician can also read whispers. They would be given too much power.
Spoiler: Congratulations! You have clicked a button!
Sirstubsalot

Postby BPsycho2 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:55 pm

Idea: If you make someone vote for themselves, instead of the counter going up (since people with sharp eyes will notice that, the amount of votes required for that person just goes down without anyone's knowledge. Like it would still say 10, but it would actually be 9. That way, it wouldn't be so apparent.
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby cxl1024 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:34 pm

Question: If this role does prove to work out well in the testing grounds, can the admins still say no to it?

cxl1024
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby cxl1024 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:40 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
cxl1024 wrote:Question: If this role does prove to work out well in the testing grounds, can the admins still say no to it?

Yes of course. I doubt they will though, since changes are about popular demand.

I would assume so, but I would hate for it not to work out. So that's why I asked.

cxl1024
Mafioso
Mafioso

Re: Briber (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:09 pm

IAmVeryVeryBad wrote:Good role idea and I feel like it is well balanced, but just one quick suggestion I would make is to change it to neutral chaos like vampire it fits in more as a chaos role than anything by messing with one of the core things in the game which is the voting system.

It doesn't directly affect the voting system but does slightly change it. But not enough for it to be NC.
The reason it's in NE is because the general definition of Neutral Evil is: A role that is directly against the Town and wins with a reasonable amount of evil roles they can win with.
Another reason it's NE is because of its wincon. It has a wincon that tells the player to eliminate all town and live to the end of the game, like the Witch who is also NE.

BPsycho2 wrote:Idea: If you make someone vote for themselves, instead of the counter going up (since people with sharp eyes will notice that, the amount of votes required for that person just goes down without anyone's knowledge. Like it would still say 10, but it would actually be 9. That way, it wouldn't be so apparent.

That's a great idea!
But, attentive players could also realise that it took fewer votes to put the person up than it displayed at the beginning of the voting phase. But you're right, it does make it less noticeable.
However, I can't change it right now, since the Tourney is going on, and it's against the rules.
y
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Mace8937 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:36 pm

Kirize12 wrote:I'll allow it, everyone's doing it so I might as well.

It's not like your role has competed yet anyways.

Ok, thanks!
y
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby ReEvolve » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:13 am

I think this should be added however does it mean that if it is just you and one other person you can bribe them to vote against themselves?
look who came crawling back
ReEvolve
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Blaze116 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:11 pm

Don't make any sorta poll with two yes options. It's just pointless because everyone who says no will click the bottom yes.

I support the role, not the poll.
Spectre0 wrote:Studies show that actually thinking about a role idea before you post it increases the average quality of your posts by approximately one fuck-ton.

darkabsol wrote:That makes sense when you use logic, but you're forgetting that people in ToS don't have more than half a brain cell.

Ranked IGN: Tree

Games Played: Too many
Games Won: Not enough
Most Wins: Who knows
Favourite Role: Who cares
Blaze116
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Where if a place is known as "Sunny", it's because it rains - England

Postby cxl1024 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:54 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
Blaze116 wrote:Don't make any sorta poll with two yes options. It's just pointless because everyone who says no will click the bottom yes.

It's not a poll, it's a petition.

Yeah but the title of the poll is a question so it's a little misleading. Hilary and Donald don't go around asking "Should I be voted for?" lol...

Mace, can you change it to "Vote to put this in the game."

cxl1024
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Mace8937 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:55 pm

cxl1024 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:
Blaze116 wrote:Don't make any sorta poll with two yes options. It's just pointless because everyone who says no will click the bottom yes.

It's not a poll, it's a petition.

Yeah but the title of the poll is a question so it's a little misleading. Hilary and Donald don't go around asking "Should I be voted for?" lol...

Mace, can you change it to "Vote to put this in the game."

Ok.
ReEvolve wrote:I think this should be added however does it mean that if it is just you and one other person you can bribe them to vote against themselves?

Uhhhh, you do know that you can't vote yourself up, right?
If it's just you and a Townie: Town wins. If it's you and a non-Town: Whatever role was left and you win.
y
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Cenas4life » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:54 pm

This role sounds quite interesting. I would however suggest making it a mafia role instead of a neutral role as I think that way it would be more effective. Since I overall like it though, /Support
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48645

I really need players for this one! Please Join! Castle Mayhem!
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48781

Check out my role the Tailor
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47868
Cenas4life
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Mace8937 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:38 am

Cenas4life wrote:This role sounds quite interesting. I would however suggest making it a mafia role instead of a neutral role as I think that way it would be more effective. Since I overall like it though, /Support

There's an argument about that on the first page. You could check it out and find out why it's better as Neutral Evil. If you still disagree with it being Neutral, I'll be here to agree to disagree. :)
y
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Skulomania » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:56 am

The Politician is definitely better as Neutral Evil. With the quite uneventful and lacking NE roles currently in the game, i think this is an NE role that is quite needed in the game.

Most roles on the role-thread are good/fair, but only a few are actually needed and should be implemented in the game. This is one of those roles.
Skulomania
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Dylan6249 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:59 am

This is a role that is confirmed to be in the card game. So maybe it will also be in the main game

http://cdn.crowdfundinsider.com/wp-cont ... alem-2.jpg
Dylan6249

Postby Cenas4life » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:09 am

Mace8937 wrote:
Cenas4life wrote:This role sounds quite interesting. I would however suggest making it a mafia role instead of a neutral role as I think that way it would be more effective. Since I overall like it though, /Support

There's an argument about that on the first page. You could check it out and find out why it's better as Neutral Evil. If you still disagree with it being Neutral, I'll be here to agree to disagree. :)

After reading the posts on the first page, I agree that it should be a nuetral evil role. /More Support
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48645

I really need players for this one! Please Join! Castle Mayhem!
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48781

Check out my role the Tailor
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47868
Cenas4life
Jailor
Jailor

Postby JazzMusicStops » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:00 am

Dylan6249 wrote:This is a role that is confirmed to be in the card game. So maybe it will also be in the main game

http://cdn.crowdfundinsider.com/wp-cont ... alem-2.jpg

If you read both roles you would know that they are completely different

Spoiler: I'm probably just going to lurk forever, posting occasionally
But if there ever comes a point where my account speaks its last
Know that it was a pleasure to be here, especially in Forum Games
During my teenage years, this place was my first real community
Thank you all so much for playing silly games with me
I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Mace8937 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:48 pm

I'm just going to put a message at the top of the OP that will be a reminder that this is not the Card Game's Politician.

Skulomania wrote:The Politician is definitely better as Neutral Evil. With the quite uneventful and lacking NE roles currently in the game, i think this is an NE role that is quite needed in the game.

Most roles on the role-thread are good/fair, but only a few are actually needed and should be implemented in the game. This is one of those roles.

Thank you :D
y
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby PoptartPresident » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:45 pm

Actually. I while back I came up with a Mafia role very similar to how this works. (viewtopic.php?f=27&t=44766&hilit=+Vote+Blocker)

I'd love it if you'd take my post into consideration, and try to compare it with your politician role.
Because I really believe someone with this similarish ability should be in the game.

Don't you think it'd be a good Mafia support role? (Please reply to this only if you read my post)
The Saboteur -----> Please critic me

*Has a muscular wolf boyfriend
PoptartPresident
Jailor
Jailor

Location: Somewhere on planet Earth, in a toaster, getting "toasty" ;)

Postby Mace8937 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:36 am

In Ranked Mafia already have a confirmed 3-4 votes for their team (4 if the Any is Mafia).
Then add the extra daily vote from the Politician (If he is turned over to being Mafia). That's 4-5 five votes every single day! (Unless Politician is rb'ed)
There are 15 players in a regular game. With the Politician's extra vote, Mafia already has about/exactly 1/3 majority! And that fraction keeps increasing as they keep killing.

Let me just do some math:
So. With the maximum daily votes for the Mafia being 5 votes. 5/15.
With there being 3 Neutrals in the game. 3/15.
3/15 + 5/15 (If Amnesiac turns evil) = 8/15! Which gives the max amount of evil votes in Ranked majority over Town's votes.
If the Amne doesn't turn evil, it does give Town majority (8/15), but that will quickly change through the night with killings.
Like Kirize said, it would be way too powerful as Mafia. Giving it power it shouldn't.
y
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Drackzgull » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:18 am

Excelent role idea, definitely should be added to game. I have just one small suggestion:

If you are forced to target yourself, the ability should just fail, because:
- You are already using the Neutral Evil slot, the presence of a Witch is quite unlikely. (in ranked)
- If there is a Witch anyway, they will almost never make you target yourself. Why would they ever unless just randomly and just once?
- If it was a Transporter that messed you up, then the Transporter did his job, and it's fair that they get you to fail.
- Conceptually it makes no sense to bribe yourself, your money is still your money. It makes even less sense to gain voting power from that.

Other than that this is pure perfection. /Support
Meet my role idea: The Sniper (Town Killing)

And while you're at it:

Roles with 25+ wins:
- Bodyguard
- Jailor
- Spy
Drackzgull
Lookout
Lookout

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives