Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Old Role Ideas

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby Kirize12 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:52 pm

Kirize12 wrote:Still very situational and I dont like it.

:o oshitapageget
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby Jerme » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:06 pm

I only know three dayabiliteis: Jailing, Revealign and Seancing. This would make the Auditor a hardcounter for Jailor, (unrevealed) Mayor and poor deceased Mediums. I am against this.
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

I tend to write small stories into my will and dislike Forgers and Janitors for removing them.

If you see a Grim Reaper called 'Zoroark', know that you might have encountered me.

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
User avatar
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 23805
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mroz4k » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:29 am

BPsycho2 wrote:I personally think the Audit should only affect town roles because auditing is a financial evaluation, and the Mafia have the money to prevent being Audited.

You have NO idea what audit is, do you?

Lets not be smart about it, then.

Back on topic: I still think it would be better if audits were to prevent Mayors from revealing first, if used before revealing. But I agree it kind of makes sense to take away that power for Disg and Vamps to be able to take Mayor over.

So I am all up for this role.
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:29 pm
Location: Away in the real world

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby RetralMega » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:44 am

Way too OP imo.
User avatar
RetralMega
Patron
Patron
 
Posts: 5693
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:59 am
Location: Smallville, Kansas

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby oliy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:17 am

Oh I should post this Skype discussion:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j8P ... sp=sharing
The site was being weird and I couldn't post the chat itself

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:
Hi! I'm Eve the Eevee! Please give me a hug :3
You can also hurt/heal me here!

Image
Image

My Stuff
User avatar
oliy
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator
 
Posts: 5115
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:26 am
Location: UTC -8

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby Megalomancer » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:52 pm

RetralMega wrote:Way too OP imo.

Can you please explain? Merely stating "it's OP" means absolutely nothing

oliy wrote:Oh I should post this Skype discussion:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j8P ... sp=sharing
The site was being weird and I couldn't post the chat itself

Um, why?
Megalomancer
Mayor
Mayor
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:49 am

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby Jerme » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:07 pm

How about those?

Flavor text/description: You are a corrupt agent of the goverment, who confiscates any items he finds.
Consigliere: Your target confiscates any useable items. They must be an Auditor.
Investigator (current): Your target works with secret information: They must be a Spy/Blackmailer/Auditor (?)
SHeriff: Your target is not suspicious!
Orange (1.6): Your target may not be what they seem. They must be a Disguiser, Bodyguard, Auditor, or Werewolf (or Your target is stealthy Arso/Bm/Lookout/Auditor)
Orange (2.1): Tie between Short tempered (Arso/Bm/BG/Auditor) and Stalks others (Lookout/Forger/Amne/Auditor)
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

I tend to write small stories into my will and dislike Forgers and Janitors for removing them.

If you see a Grim Reaper called 'Zoroark', know that you might have encountered me.

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
User avatar
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 23805
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby Megalomancer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:16 am

This role has been modified.
Megalomancer
Mayor
Mayor
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:49 am

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby BPsycho2 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:00 pm

I have an idea (and sent a message to you detailing other potential ideas)

There should be two boxes. One role blocks, one Audits.

Auditing INCLUDES role blocking,but you may choose to role block without wasting a charge.

You cannot audit and role block in the same night.
You have unlimited role blocks.

Your target is an expert manipulator, they are either an Escort, (Transporter would go there if 4 results are okay), Auditor, or a Consort
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby cxl1024 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:32 pm

I really like the idea. Taking away people's abilities is like an escort on steroids. As for the mayor debate, taking away their day ability is the same thing as taking away the votes except worse. Even if they reveal, and lose their votes, people still know that they are the mayor and can whisper their roles to him. If he can't reveal, he is literally rendered useless. I'd say just keep it like you had it, and drop the vote to 1.
SURVIVOR SUCKS. Check out Kirize12's rework of survivor:

http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=36848
User avatar
cxl1024
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:46 pm

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:48 pm

/support

NOW it's good.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby Megalomancer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:24 pm

cxl1024 wrote:I really like the idea. Taking away people's abilities is like an escort on steroids. As for the mayor debate, taking away their day ability is the same thing as taking away the votes except worse. Even if they reveal, and lose their votes, people still know that they are the mayor and can whisper their roles to him. If he can't reveal, he is literally rendered useless. I'd say just keep it like you had it, and drop the vote to 1.


You're forgetting about Disguised and Converted Mayors. Those also have one vote, this will give them claim space.
Megalomancer
Mayor
Mayor
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:49 am

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby BPsycho2 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:25 am

Have you considered allowing the Auditor to use the things he steals?

Text: "You have two audits remaining. You have three bullets remaining.

You have decided to audit Sans tonight. You have instead decided to shoot Yandere Chan tonight. "

And if it shows up as Shot by Vigilante, it would be perfect. Definitely better than the Conjurer. Everyone hated that one besides Orange anyways.
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby Megalomancer » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:12 pm

BPsycho2 wrote:Have you considered allowing the Auditor to use the things he steals?

Text: "You have two audits remaining. You have three bullets remaining.

You have decided to audit Sans tonight. You have instead decided to shoot Yandere Chan tonight. "

And if it shows up as Shot by Vigilante, it would be perfect. Definitely better than the Conjurer. Everyone hated that one besides Orange anyways.


That's a bit much, even if it was only one
Megalomancer
Mayor
Mayor
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:49 am

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby cxl1024 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:49 pm

matthew8367 wrote:
cxl1024 wrote:I really like the idea. Taking away people's abilities is like an escort on steroids. As for the mayor debate, taking away their day ability is the same thing as taking away the votes except worse. Even if they reveal, and lose their votes, people still know that they are the mayor and can whisper their roles to him. If he can't reveal, he is literally rendered useless. I'd say just keep it like you had it, and drop the vote to 1.


You're forgetting about Disguised and Converted Mayors. Those also have one vote, this will give them claim space.


Yes, but I think you may have missed what I was getting at. If the mayor cannot reveal, he cannot do a single thing. Claiming the role of mayor without the option to reveal leaves him worthless. You can take the votes away, that's not a problem. Like you said, a converted mayor loses his votes, too. But a mayor that can't reveal basically has no real room to claim, and is also left without abilities.
SURVIVOR SUCKS. Check out Kirize12's rework of survivor:

http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=36848
User avatar
cxl1024
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:46 pm

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby BPsycho2 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:19 pm

Why not add some bonuses for the audits? That way, you can unconfirm a vigilante shot, and potentially get him lynched claiming him to be an Auditor, as well as a Vampire Hunter. Also, add a sun icon for which you want to use, and the vests you audit will be the one-shot shields (doesn't activate until attacked) since they're so rare

Doctor- vest (just for that immune notification)
BG- vest
Vig- one shot
Vet- one shot
VH- one Vampire stake
Jailor- one shot
Mayor- nothing
Retri- Necromancy?
Janitor- Cleans
Forger- Forges
Disguiser- Disguises
Survivor- Audit fail (I think it shouldn't work on Neutrals, but that's my opinion)
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby Kirize12 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:04 pm

BPsycho2 wrote:Why not add some bonuses for the audits? That way, you can unconfirm a vigilante shot, and potentially get him lynched claiming him to be an Auditor, as well as a Vampire Hunter. Also, add a sun icon for which you want to use, and the vests you audit will be the one-shot shields (doesn't activate until attacked) since they're so rare

Doctor- vest (just for that immune notification)
BG- vest
Vig- one shot
Vet- one shot
VH- one Vampire stake
Jailor- one shot
Mayor- nothing
Retri- Necromancy?
Janitor- Cleans
Forger- Forges
Disguiser- Disguises
Survivor- Audit fail (I think it shouldn't work on Neutrals, but that's my opinion)

Oh no. No to all of that.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby BPsycho2 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:30 pm

You say no to everything I suggest. So negative to think of the possibilities.

Can somebody give a reason besides "Oh no"

Preferably someone older than me.
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby Kirize12 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:36 pm

BPsycho2 wrote:You say no to everything I suggest. So negative to think of the possibilities.

Can somebody give a reason besides "Oh no"

Preferably someone older than me.

Age does not equal maturity or intelligence.

Either way, Auditor should not be able to use audited items because that's the Witch's job.

no
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:42 pm

BPsycho2 wrote:Vet- one shot


Do you mean one alert?
Vet doesn't shoot :|
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere
 
Posts: 1260
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby BPsycho2 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:23 pm

No, I meant one Vig bullet.

Giving him an alert might be OP since he could (very low chance, but) kill a whole lobby,
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby Megalomancer » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:21 am

No, that's not going to happen. No role thievery.

Also, I'm making it Roleblock Immune
Megalomancer
Mayor
Mayor
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:49 am

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby BPsycho2 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:23 pm

Alright then.

Actually, that makes sense since all neutral roles have some sort of problem.

Survivor- Paranoia
Amnesiac- Amnesia
Jester- Depression
Executioner- Obsession
Witch: Vengeance at all costs other than her life
Auditor: hoarding
Serial Killer: everything has to die
Arsonist: everything has to burn
Werewolf: Paranoia, Lycanthropy

(If the audit fails, does the role block still go through?)
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby Megalomancer » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:45 am

BPsycho2 wrote:(If the audit fails, does the role block still go through?)


Yes
Megalomancer
Mayor
Mayor
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:49 am

Re: Auditor (Neutral Evil)

Postby BPsycho2 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:49 pm

Do you approve of my other idea?

(Box 1 blocks, box 2 audits which also blocks, can only pick one box?)
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests