Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Old Role Ideas

Would you like to see this role in-game?

Yes!
82
85%
No (preferably explain why)
7
7%
I dont know yet.
6
6%
I dont understand the role.
1
1%
 
Total votes : 96

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby Megalomancer » Mon May 02, 2016 2:50 pm

Jerme wrote:"There is no difference" - Revive a Consort as an Escort.
"Death has sharpened their eyes" - Revive a Consigliere as an Investigator.


Rename the Consort achievement to "Swings both ways"
Megalomancer
Mayor
Mayor
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:49 am

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby Kirize12 » Mon May 02, 2016 8:37 pm

Death Note - Revive a Consig as Invest.

Gold Digger - Revive a Consort as Escort.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby BPsycho2 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:13 pm

Cracked Red Eye- Revive a Consig as Invest
(Dark Souls reference. Better than "Death Note" anyways.
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby Kirize12 » Tue May 03, 2016 3:23 pm

BPsycho2 wrote:Cracked Red Eye- Revive a Consig as Invest
(Dark Souls reference. Better than "Death Note" anyways.

...
Death Note is literally an anime about two rival detectives.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby Mroz4k » Tue May 03, 2016 3:48 pm

BPsycho2 wrote:Cracked Red Eye- Revive a Consig as Invest
(Dark Souls reference. Better than "Death Note" anyways.


Im pretty sure, that purely company wise, its better to make references to Anime then to a computer game for a major gaming company, that may or may not go hard on copyright claims.
Away in the real world most of the time, but I return from time to time, at my own whim.


FM history:
Spoiler: NFM4 - Lookout - W
NFM7 - Consort - L (so close tho)
FM8D - Cit+ to Sheriff - W
FM9C - Cit - L (epicly failed)
CFM hydra 2 - Medium with Varanus - W
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
FM9D - Serial Killer - W (epicly :D)
SFM14 - Bodyguard-ish role - modkilled, caused MyLo FTW - W?
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:29 pm
Location: Away in the real world

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby Jerme » Wed May 04, 2016 3:42 am

I got soem more:
"Still a doctor" - Disguise a Serial Killer as a Doctor
"Blood is still the same" - Disgusie a Vamprie as a Doctor
"That will take some time" - Disguise someone as someone of the same investigationresult
"Faithful sevant" - Revive a Survivor | is that possible?
"Swingy servant" - Revive an Amnesiac | is that possible?

@Mroz4k:
Will you list the Archivments you like in the OP?
additional: Have you seen my suggestiosn for disguise Mafia in their town counterpart?
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

I tend to write small stories into my will and dislike Forgers and Janitors for removing them.

If you see a Grim Reaper called 'Zoroark', know that you might have encountered me.

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
User avatar
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 24950
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby BPsycho2 » Thu May 12, 2016 2:58 am

Mroz4k wrote:
BPsycho2 wrote:Cracked Red Eye- Revive a Consig as Invest
(Dark Souls reference. Better than "Death Note" anyways.


Im pretty sure, that purely company wise, its better to make references to Anime then to a computer game for a major gaming company, that may or may not go hard on copyright claims.


See, Borderlands 2 made so many references that they're unable to be counted.

I haven't seen DC (Rakk-Man) sue them, so I think it's a better idea.

Also, for Death Note. It's an anime. We need to keep that as far away as possible. Also, death notes are in the game, so this may confuse players.
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby BPsycho2 » Sun May 15, 2016 9:19 am

Sorry for double post, but I may have found an issue

Retributionists would usually revive roles like Mayor, and Jailor, while it only makes sense for Necromancers to revive Media, Sheriffs, Lookouts.

So Town would just autolynch all revived weakclaim roles
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby dagreenrabbit » Sun May 15, 2016 9:33 am

BPsycho2 wrote:Sorry for double post, but I may have found an issue

Retributionists would usually revive roles like Mayor, and Jailor, while it only makes sense for Necromancers to revive Media, Sheriffs, Lookouts.

So Town would just autolynch all revived weakclaim roles


oh yea, you're right
if they don't realise they might make it thoo
but if townies are not retards, they will lose it so hard
i mean like wasted revive
fav roles: med, jailor, mafioso, framer, forger, janitor, BM, witch, jest, exe
roles i don't mind: amne, vet, sk, ww, arso, investigative, RBers, vet, vig, protective, mayor, trans
roles i don't like: surv, ret, gf, vamp
i'm a serious townie, cold-blooded mafia, and a confusing neutral player
names you might find: oh well, cereal killer, meow

i found out putting my role ideas is pointless lmao
dagreenrabbit
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:32 am

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby JazzMusicStops » Fri May 20, 2016 4:59 pm

BPsycho2 wrote:Sorry for double post, but I may have found an issue

Retributionists would usually revive roles like Mayor, and Jailor, while it only makes sense for Necromancers to revive Media, Sheriffs, Lookouts.

So Town would just autolynch all revived weakclaim roles

That's not a problem with the role, more of a problem with strategy
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5483
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Mr Johnson's Wild Ride (GMT)

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby Kikigiri » Fri May 20, 2016 11:14 pm

BPsycho2 wrote:Sorry for double post, but I may have found an issue

Retributionists would usually revive roles like Mayor, and Jailor, while it only makes sense for Necromancers to revive Media, Sheriffs, Lookouts.

So Town would just autolynch all revived weakclaim roles

Retris also frequently revive Bodyguards, Veterans, and sometimes Doctors, which are entirely valid for the Necromancer. (The Veteran is an especially good choice, because people are going to be reluctant to investigate the returned "Veteran" to make sure he's really what he seems to be.)
Please put the Witch in Coven mode. I miss it. :-(
User avatar
Kikigiri
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby Mroz4k » Sat May 21, 2016 5:05 am

Weird, from my experience Retris usually ressurect first Town role they can get their hands on.

Honestly, a bigger problem would be current graveyard situation. The Retri is still proveable by simple fact that if there is no scum dead roles yet and ressurection happens, people will immidiatedly know it was done by Retributionist. Id like to figure out a way to bypass that.

Maybe Retributionist´s and Necromancer´s abilities should be allowed once at least one scum and one Town role dies and not before. Though that puts Town into disadvantage if they are losing badly but cant seem to get scum lynched or killed (then again, almost anything that puts Town into disadvantage is something Id consider supporting, given their win rates)
Away in the real world most of the time, but I return from time to time, at my own whim.


FM history:
Spoiler: NFM4 - Lookout - W
NFM7 - Consort - L (so close tho)
FM8D - Cit+ to Sheriff - W
FM9C - Cit - L (epicly failed)
CFM hydra 2 - Medium with Varanus - W
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
FM9D - Serial Killer - W (epicly :D)
SFM14 - Bodyguard-ish role - modkilled, caused MyLo FTW - W?
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:29 pm
Location: Away in the real world

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby BPsycho2 » Sat May 21, 2016 11:38 am

That is a grand idea.
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby BPsycho2 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:36 pm

Sorry for double post, but I have a suggestion and a question

1. Magic shield should be able to be pierced by the Vigilante.

2. If Necromancer dies before he revives someone, can he revive himself? He counts as scum, so I think he should be able to. I guess that if he still does nothing past that point, it would just autoselfres him on the last turn.

And then that way, if a vig random shoots him before he works his wonders, the Retributionist's revive is still unconfirmed. It could be the necromancer returning.
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby Kirize12 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:48 pm

What happens if the Necromancer leaves?
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby JazzMusicStops » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:35 pm

Kirize12 wrote:What happens if the Necromancer leaves?

He gets reported
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5483
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Mr Johnson's Wild Ride (GMT)

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby Mroz4k » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:06 pm

Kirize12 wrote:What happens if the Necromancer leaves?


You tell me... what happens when people leave? + what happens when Necromancer dies?

I thought the answer to this question was rather obvious, thats why I didnt mention it at all - if Necromancer leaves the game, his body dies. Naturally, this means the ressurected person also dies. Dont see why leaving should be any different. Point is that Necromancer died, and so has the ressed person.
Away in the real world most of the time, but I return from time to time, at my own whim.


FM history:
Spoiler: NFM4 - Lookout - W
NFM7 - Consort - L (so close tho)
FM8D - Cit+ to Sheriff - W
FM9C - Cit - L (epicly failed)
CFM hydra 2 - Medium with Varanus - W
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
FM9D - Serial Killer - W (epicly :D)
SFM14 - Bodyguard-ish role - modkilled, caused MyLo FTW - W?
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:29 pm
Location: Away in the real world

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby Kirize12 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:08 pm

Mroz4k wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:What happens if the Necromancer leaves?


You tell me... what happens when people leave? + what happens when Necromancer dies?

I thought the answer to this question was rather obvious, thats why I didnt mention it at all - if Necromancer leaves the game, his body dies. Naturally, this means the ressurected person also dies. Dont see why leaving should be any different. Point is that Necromancer died, and so has the ressed person.

That seems rather unfair. People can lose connection, or leave just to be dicks. Shouldn't happen in Ranked tho.

My suggestion would be, if the Necromancer leaves, the revived target will stay alive.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby Mroz4k » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:15 pm

No.

Because I dont see a reason why complicate things instead of keeping them simple. Necromancer dies, ressed person dies as well. Thats how the game works, period.

Besides, who knows, its possible it cant even work any other way - how can the game recognize if someone left/lost connection? It cant. It can, however, recognize the death of the person.

The only difference here is that before the Necromancer appears dead, the person is still playing.

And, if the Necro didnt ress them, they wouldnt have played any part in the game anyways, this way at least they contributed to something.

Necro dies, so dies his minion, no exceptions. Yes, people will leave to be dicks or lose connection, and nothing too much can be done about that, but keeping the target ressed could also incidentally provide incensive for Necro´s to leave the game after they ress, knowing their ressed target is going to stay alive.
Away in the real world most of the time, but I return from time to time, at my own whim.


FM history:
Spoiler: NFM4 - Lookout - W
NFM7 - Consort - L (so close tho)
FM8D - Cit+ to Sheriff - W
FM9C - Cit - L (epicly failed)
CFM hydra 2 - Medium with Varanus - W
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
FM9D - Serial Killer - W (epicly :D)
SFM14 - Bodyguard-ish role - modkilled, caused MyLo FTW - W?
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:29 pm
Location: Away in the real world

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby Kirize12 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:15 pm

Mroz4k wrote:No.

Because I dont see a reason why complicate things instead of keeping them simple. Necromancer dies, ressed person dies as well. Thats how the game works, period.

Besides, who knows, its possible it cant even work any other way - how can the game recognize if someone left/lost connection? It cant. It can, however, recognize the death of the person.

The only difference here is that before the Necromancer appears dead, the person is still playing.

And, if the Necro didnt ress them, they wouldnt have played any part in the game anyways, this way at least they contributed to something.

Necro dies, so dies his minion, no exceptions. Yes, people will leave to be dicks or lose connection, and nothing too much can be done about that, but keeping the target ressed could also incidentally provide incensive for Necro´s to leave the game after they ress, knowing their ressed target is going to stay alive.

Well, if they leave, they can no longer win.

But I see your point.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby Mroz4k » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:36 pm

And if Necro didnt ress them, then the Mafia member could still have won othervise, and if Necro ressed Neutral Killing who was solo in the game, then that NK initially had no way to win the game anymore and at least, they got a shot.

Point here being that a Necro could be in a game just to ress someone to cause ruckus, then just leave the game and go look for a different, less difficult role. Plenty of people around who dont really care if they win or not.
Away in the real world most of the time, but I return from time to time, at my own whim.


FM history:
Spoiler: NFM4 - Lookout - W
NFM7 - Consort - L (so close tho)
FM8D - Cit+ to Sheriff - W
FM9C - Cit - L (epicly failed)
CFM hydra 2 - Medium with Varanus - W
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
FM9D - Serial Killer - W (epicly :D)
SFM14 - Bodyguard-ish role - modkilled, caused MyLo FTW - W?
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:29 pm
Location: Away in the real world

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby Gotdeathstar » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:49 pm

Mroz4k wrote:What do you guys suggest for Achievements for this role? (Except for the usual "win as Necromancer X times")


At wit's end - Revive a Jester
Been there, done that / Live and learn - Disguise your puppet as a Ret
What a big [grave-themed object] you have - Revive a WW
Highway to Hell - disguise your puppet as a Transp.
Blast from the past - Disguise your puppet as a Vigi
Gotdeathstar
Executioner
Executioner
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 12:21 pm

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby CAPTAINPHASMA123 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:07 am

I think that both Retributionist and Necromancer shouldn't be in the same game because if 2 dead people were revived, town will obviously know that there is a Necromancer and they would lynch the resurrected players.
╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚ pew pew



FM Record 3-2-0
Spoiler: 10B (SP) - Win (Citizen)
CFM17 - Loss (Higuain)
10C (MC) - Loss (Tracker)
NFM23 - Win (Transporter)
SFM19 - Win (Rich Demon)

Check out my Avvelenatore role here!
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
CAPTAINPHASMA123
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:26 am

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby BPsycho2 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:10 am

It disguises a scum role as Town then revives the scum.

Achievement:

I am everyone.-25TP: Revive a Disguiser as a Transporter

Skin Insanity-50TP: Revive a Disguiser who has 0 uses left.
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Necromancer (Neutral Evil) - evil counterpart to Retri

Postby CAPTAINPHASMA123 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:59 am

BPsycho2 wrote:It disguises a scum role as Town then revives the scum.

That's not what I'm trying to say.
╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚ pew pew



FM Record 3-2-0
Spoiler: 10B (SP) - Win (Citizen)
CFM17 - Loss (Higuain)
10C (MC) - Loss (Tracker)
NFM23 - Win (Transporter)
SFM19 - Win (Rich Demon)

Check out my Avvelenatore role here!
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
CAPTAINPHASMA123
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:26 am

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest