Undertaker (Neutral Benign) (5000+ views!!)

Old Role Ideas

How would you rate this role?

Perfect!!
202
65%
Make the goal a little easier.
58
19%
Needs improvement. (specify in the comments)
35
11%
Too OP.
14
5%
 
Total votes : 309

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby DankaldTrump » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:08 pm

JammySplodge wrote:
DankaldTrump wrote:-- 6 feet under: Win six games as an Undertaker. --

This is clever and funny
However, for the sake of consistency, it should be 5 games


Hmmmm, maybe you're right. But it just, sounds right if the goal is six games.

Also, I never got your actual opinion on the role Jammy, do you like it??

Finally, do you guys think this role is T.G worthy?? Because I am considering applying this role for the T.G and I would like to know your opinions.
I am Dankald Trump and together, we will make Town of Salem great ag......oh wait, it's already great!

Check out my Undertaker role here:

http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35871

FM record:
Spoiler: 10B-Marshal-Victory
User avatar
DankaldTrump
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:21 am
Location: Supreme leader of the forums.

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby MrNSAagent » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:55 pm

Hey, guys, can you not talk about the name? We're discussing the role itself. The name could be figured out if (hopefully, "when") it becomes an official role.
Thanks.

Anyway, I think the Investigator/Consigliere text should be, "Your target is immune at night, they could be a Werewolf, Survivor, or Undertaker!"
It would make more sense like that.


The NSA knows all...
The NSA knows all...

Train your peepers and opinions to this Role Idea
Spoiler: Banker: http://blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=37322
User avatar
MrNSAagent
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:03 pm

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:04 am

MrNSAagent wrote:Hey, guys, can you not talk about the name? We're discussing the role itself. The name could be figured out if (hopefully, "when") it becomes an official role.
Thanks.

Anyway, I think the Investigator/Consigliere text should be, "Your target is immune at night, they could be a Werewolf, Survivor, or Undertaker!"
It would make more sense like that.


The NSA knows all...

How the hell would an Investigator know that?
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Mr Johnson's Wild Ride (GMT)

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby MrNSAagent » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:31 am

JammySplodge wrote:
MrNSAagent wrote:Anyway, I think the Investigator/Consigliere text should be, "Your target is immune at night, they could be a Werewolf, Survivor, or Undertaker!"
It would make more sense like that.

How the hell would an Investigator know that?

Well, the same way Investigator can tell that the gf or mayor is "a leader of people" :mrgreen:
The NSA knows all...

Train your peepers and opinions to this Role Idea
Spoiler: Banker: http://blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=37322
User avatar
MrNSAagent
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:03 pm

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:29 am

MrNSAagent wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:
MrNSAagent wrote:Anyway, I think the Investigator/Consigliere text should be, "Your target is immune at night, they could be a Werewolf, Survivor, or Undertaker!"
It would make more sense like that.

How the hell would an Investigator know that?

Well, the same way Investigator can tell that the gf or mayor is "a leader of people" :mrgreen:

you can find something like that out by looking at personal files
unlike yours
also, that result is an insta-lynch, just like the current result
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Mr Johnson's Wild Ride (GMT)

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby MrNSAagent » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:35 pm

JammySplodge wrote:you can find something like that out by looking at personal files
unlike yours
also, that result is an insta-lynch, just like the current result

Well, with the night immunity result, people are more likely to believe you. With the dead bodies result you either get a result that every mafia member claims or a mafia role.
After playing many games, people tend to keep the survivors alive, so the night immunity result if better.
The NSA knows all...

Train your peepers and opinions to this Role Idea
Spoiler: Banker: http://blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=37322
User avatar
MrNSAagent
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:03 pm

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:40 pm

"This guy is WW, Surv or Undertaker"
"Oh, well there's no harm in lynching him then"
*lynched, you lose*
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Mr Johnson's Wild Ride (GMT)

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby Crazyzombie168 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:18 am

Is the target cleaned when buried?
Shapeshifter Neutral Killing

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=48756
User avatar
Crazyzombie168
Investigator
Investigator
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:49 pm

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby DankaldTrump » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:28 am

Crazyzombie168 wrote:Is the target cleaned when buried?


As of right now, no.

But do you want the U.T to clean targets?

Because I think it's OK the way it is right now
I am Dankald Trump and together, we will make Town of Salem great ag......oh wait, it's already great!

Check out my Undertaker role here:

http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35871

FM record:
Spoiler: 10B-Marshal-Victory
User avatar
DankaldTrump
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:21 am
Location: Supreme leader of the forums.

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby MrNSAagent » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:14 pm

JammySplodge wrote:"This guy is WW, Surv or Undertaker"
"Oh, well there's no harm in lynching him then"
*lynched, you lose*

I've played 60 games. Every time there's a survivor, they keep him alive. It's only when there is no way possible for a survivor to be in the game that they hung someone with night immunity. That, or when a killing role tried to kill him/her four times in a row and failed.
Which would you rather have? A possibility of being a role that you can't prove, or a possibility of a role almost everyone believes (especially if you claim it day 1)?
The NSA knows all...

Train your peepers and opinions to this Role Idea
Spoiler: Banker: http://blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=37322
User avatar
MrNSAagent
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:03 pm

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby MrNSAagent » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:20 pm

DankaldTrump wrote:But do you want the U.T to clean targets?

Because I think it's OK the way it is right now

Yeah, I think it's fine without the cleaning. Being the only one to see a cleaned target's role is enough.
The NSA knows all...

Train your peepers and opinions to this Role Idea
Spoiler: Banker: http://blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=37322
User avatar
MrNSAagent
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:03 pm

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby JazzMusicStops » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:39 pm

MrNSAagent wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:"This guy is WW, Surv or Undertaker"
"Oh, well there's no harm in lynching him then"
*lynched, you lose*

I've played 60 games. Every time there's a survivor, they keep him alive. It's only when there is no way possible for a survivor to be in the game that they hung someone with night immunity. That, or when a killing role tried to kill him/her four times in a row and failed.
Which would you rather have? A possibility of being a role that you can't prove, or a possibility of a role almost everyone believes (especially if you claim it day 1)?

I've played way more than 60, and I know that Survivors get killed a lot
The invest result is bad because town is like, "there's a chance they could be evil, and if they're not we lose nothing", good survivors don't claim day 1, that gets you killed
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Mr Johnson's Wild Ride (GMT)

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby DankaldTrump » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:17 pm

JammySplodge wrote:I've played way more than 60, and I know that Survivors get killed a lot
The invest result is bad because town is like, "there's a chance they could be evil, and if they're not we lose nothing", good survivors don't claim day 1, that gets you killed


Oddly enough, I have never lost a game as a surv, and in all of the games that I played as surv, I claim day 1 or 2, however that just might be me.

On a sceond note Jammy, do you like the dead bodies invest result, or do you think it should have different invest results?
I am Dankald Trump and together, we will make Town of Salem great ag......oh wait, it's already great!

Check out my Undertaker role here:

http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35871

FM record:
Spoiler: 10B-Marshal-Victory
User avatar
DankaldTrump
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:21 am
Location: Supreme leader of the forums.

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby JazzMusicStops » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:00 am

I think you should make it fit with Orange's investigator results overhaul list
I can't get the link because I'm on mobile, but look in suggestions and you'll find it
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Mr Johnson's Wild Ride (GMT)

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby NDM » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:40 am

Good. I just have two questions:

Does he have a brother named Kane?
And can be do a Tombstone Piledriver?

Ok my jokes are done. Amazing role :)
Spoiler: Thanks Archo and sorry for rushing you

Anyone who thinks they can debate me without evidence cannot win a debate. Anyone who just uses one quote as a point shows they are the failure, and prove the opposing side.

I suck at grammar. I admit it. Grammar is my lowest subject, compared to my math, reading, writing, science and history.
User avatar
NDM
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1881
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:29 am
Location: Hell, Norway

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby DankaldTrump » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:57 am

JammySplodge wrote:I think you should make it fit with Orange's investigator results overhaul list
I can't get the link because I'm on mobile, but look in suggestions and you'll find it


I'll look it up, thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: I checked it. It doesn't really fall into any category in version 2.1 (maybe "short tempered"?), but I guess it would make sense if we were using the V. 1.6 under the category: "Your target avoids others"

TBH, I don't know, I still like the "dead bodies" result, it makes perfect sense the U.T is literally burying dead bodies. Plus, under the "dead bodies" result, it's one town (med), one maf (Jan), and one neutral (U.T) which means the result won't necessarily cause an insta-lynch for you, and can even open up some strategy for accomplishing you goal.

But that's just my opinion :/
Last edited by DankaldTrump on Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am Dankald Trump and together, we will make Town of Salem great ag......oh wait, it's already great!

Check out my Undertaker role here:

http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35871

FM record:
Spoiler: 10B-Marshal-Victory
User avatar
DankaldTrump
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:21 am
Location: Supreme leader of the forums.

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby DankaldTrump » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:01 am

NDM wrote:Good. I just have two questions:

Does he have a brother named Kane?
And can be do a Tombstone Piledriver?

Ok my jokes are done. Amazing role :)


No joke, that's actually kind of where I got the inspiration for the name! That and the real life definition of an undertaker.

Yes and yes for your two questions :P

P.S: Kane would be an NK and would chokeslam people all the way to Hell :lol:
I am Dankald Trump and together, we will make Town of Salem great ag......oh wait, it's already great!

Check out my Undertaker role here:

http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35871

FM record:
Spoiler: 10B-Marshal-Victory
User avatar
DankaldTrump
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:21 am
Location: Supreme leader of the forums.

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby NDM » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:32 pm

DankaldTrump wrote:
NDM wrote:Good. I just have two questions:

Does he have a brother named Kane?
And can be do a Tombstone Piledriver?

Ok my jokes are done. Amazing role :)


No joke, that's actually kind of where I got the inspiration for the name! That and the real life definition of an undertaker.

Yes and yes for your two questions :P

P.S: Kane would be an NK and would chokeslam people all the way to Hell :lol:


Ok you are awesome :mrgreen:
Spoiler: Thanks Archo and sorry for rushing you

Anyone who thinks they can debate me without evidence cannot win a debate. Anyone who just uses one quote as a point shows they are the failure, and prove the opposing side.

I suck at grammar. I admit it. Grammar is my lowest subject, compared to my math, reading, writing, science and history.
User avatar
NDM
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1881
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:29 am
Location: Hell, Norway

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby DankaldTrump » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:09 pm

NDM wrote:
Ok you are awesome :mrgreen:


I know :lol:
I am Dankald Trump and together, we will make Town of Salem great ag......oh wait, it's already great!

Check out my Undertaker role here:

http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35871

FM record:
Spoiler: 10B-Marshal-Victory
User avatar
DankaldTrump
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:21 am
Location: Supreme leader of the forums.

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby MrNSAagent » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:15 pm

DankaldTrump wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:I think you should make it fit with Orange's investigator results overhaul list
I can't get the link because I'm on mobile, but look in suggestions and you'll find it


I'll look it up, thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: I checked it. It doesn't really fall into any category in version 2.1 (maybe "short tempered"?), but I guess it would make sense if we were using the V. 1.6 under the category: "Your target avoids others"

TBH, I don't know, I still like the "dead bodies" result, it makes perfect sense the U.T is literally burying dead bodies. Plus, under the "dead bodies" result, it's one town (med), one maf (Jan), and one neutral (U.T) which means the result won't necessarily cause an insta-lynch for you, and can even open up some strategy for accomplishing you goal.

But that's just my opinion :/

I guess I'm out-voted. Dead bodies it is, then.

I guess that's it for me. There really is no problem with this that I can see. Try to get it to the testing grounds.
The NSA knows all...

Train your peepers and opinions to this Role Idea
Spoiler: Banker: http://blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=37322
User avatar
MrNSAagent
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:03 pm

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby DankaldTrump » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:47 pm

MrNSAagent wrote:
DankaldTrump wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:I think you should make it fit with Orange's investigator results overhaul list
I can't get the link because I'm on mobile, but look in suggestions and you'll find it


I'll look it up, thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: I checked it. It doesn't really fall into any category in version 2.1 (maybe "short tempered"?), but I guess it would make sense if we were using the V. 1.6 under the category: "Your target avoids others"

TBH, I don't know, I still like the "dead bodies" result, it makes perfect sense the U.T is literally burying dead bodies. Plus, under the "dead bodies" result, it's one town (med), one maf (Jan), and one neutral (U.T) which means the result won't necessarily cause an insta-lynch for you, and can even open up some strategy for accomplishing you goal.

But that's just my opinion :/

I guess I'm out-voted. Dead bodies it is, then.

I guess that's it for me. There really is no problem with this that I can see. Try to get it to the testing grounds.


Sorry man, but I personally think the "dead bodies" result fits more, and is also more balanced.

But I seriously thank you for the enthusiastic support :D I will definitely try to get this to the TG ASAP!

Cheers :mrgreen:
I am Dankald Trump and together, we will make Town of Salem great ag......oh wait, it's already great!

Check out my Undertaker role here:

http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35871

FM record:
Spoiler: 10B-Marshal-Victory
User avatar
DankaldTrump
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:21 am
Location: Supreme leader of the forums.

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:57 pm

DankaldTrump wrote:
MrNSAagent wrote:
DankaldTrump wrote:Role Name: Undertaker
-- 6 feet under: Win five games as an Undertaker. --


Make the achievement requirement be six games. (Get it? SIX feet under? SIX games? lol!)


*Facepalm* why didn't I think of that, I will edit it in. :lol:

It needs to be five games, not six. Please fix.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8816
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby DankaldTrump » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:14 pm

Kirize12 wrote:It needs to be five games, not six. Please fix.


I changed it back, but why are you and others so against the six games requirement? It fits the name perfectly. :|
I am Dankald Trump and together, we will make Town of Salem great ag......oh wait, it's already great!

Check out my Undertaker role here:

http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35871

FM record:
Spoiler: 10B-Marshal-Victory
User avatar
DankaldTrump
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:21 am
Location: Supreme leader of the forums.

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby DankaldTrump » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:15 pm

elnath wrote:I don't get why people are asking you to change the role, I think it is perfect already. I really like the prediction aspect of the role

/support


Oh don't worry, I have hushed their doubts ;)

And thank you very much for the support! :D
I am Dankald Trump and together, we will make Town of Salem great ag......oh wait, it's already great!

Check out my Undertaker role here:

http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35871

FM record:
Spoiler: 10B-Marshal-Victory
User avatar
DankaldTrump
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:21 am
Location: Supreme leader of the forums.

Re: Undertaker (Neutral Benign)

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:16 pm

DankaldTrump wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:It needs to be five games, not six. Please fix.


I changed it back, but why are you and others so against the six games requirement? It fits the name perfectly. :|

Consistency.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8816
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests