Replace Jailor Execution with Auto-Nomination

Old Role Ideas

Replace Jailor Execution with Auto-Nomination

Postby Tormental » Tue May 20, 2014 10:52 am

I was thinking about how most (all?) of us hate when a Jailor just gets it completely wrong.

I healed a player once, whispered to him that I did it, and actually had him say "Thanks!" -- Then he turned out to be the jailor, he jailed me, I reminded him of that, and he said "nope" and killed me.

When we were BOTH dead he just said "Sorry, I forgot".

My point is, we all have Jailor stories. :P

What if choosing to "execute" just made the jailed person appear on the gallows immediately at the start of the next day? In other words, the night's dead are lying on the ground, the game goes through its usual thing of telling how they died and who they were, but the whole time the prisoner is already on the gallows.

The town then gets discussion time, then everyone votes on the person the Jailor automatically put up there.

Thoughts?
Tormental
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Replace Jailor Execution with Auto-Nomination

Postby TheScowler » Tue May 20, 2014 12:09 pm

Maybe... the only problem I see is toward the end of the game, a jailer execution is the one surefire way to kill mafia. When outnumbered at the end of the game, a jailor can always say "Well, I'll take one down with me."

Doing this kind of takes the fun out of being jailer, at least in my opinion.
"You are all experiencing fear. An anticipation of some specific pain, or danger. This is perfectly understandable."

Common in-game names:
Spoiler: Dr Nigma
Corvo Attano
Nichard Rixon
Doug Rattmann
TheScowler
Lookout
Lookout

Return to Role Idea Archives