Neutral Role: Stranger

Old Role Ideas

Neutral Role: Stranger

Postby Tormental » Fri May 16, 2014 10:11 pm

Stranger - The mysterious new traveler in town.

Like the Amnesiac, you have no actual role to begin with. Just "Stranger".

However, you can kill one player and take their role. :)

Again, you can only do this once in the entire round. Once you kill someone, you assume their role and all of its powers and goals.

The up-side: No one is night immune to you! That's right, the Stranger can be a Serial Killer who comes to town and murders the competition.

The down-side: You will show as "Suspicious" when you're still a Stranger, because Strangers are always suspicious... and of course you might accidentally make yourself a Medium or Jester if you pick incorrectly.

You'd be lumped in with Jester and Disguiser as someone who enjoys fooling people, just because you are keeping your personality and 'role' to yourself, theoretically, thwarting attempts to find out who you are.

When you do your action, killing someone to take their role, the next day's chat will display: "A Stranger has forcefully proven they are a (role here)."

The idea, story-wise, is that you've killed someone in the process of showing YOU were the REAL one. Like if you pick Sheriff, maybe the Sheriff and you had a shoot-out to prove who was more deserving of the post... and so on.

This is not Disguiser because you are killing someone and taking their role. You are not killing three people and taking their faces. :P

Why I created this role:

How many times have you been incredibly ashamed of someone else's poor handling of a role?! XD
Tormental
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Neutral Role: Stranger

Postby UnknownFox » Fri May 16, 2014 10:29 pm

Would certainly be interesting
UnknownFox
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Tormental » Fri May 16, 2014 11:47 pm

BoomLay wrote:Wow i really like this, but wut if you kill SK then amnesiac becomes SK would kinda suck.

I didn't think of that - but I love it. XD
Tormental
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Yak » Sat May 17, 2014 7:19 am

BoomLay wrote:Wow i really like this, but wut if you kill SK then amnesiac becomes SK would kinda suck.

That would be in your favor, because you can win with him.
If you ever see ಠ益ಠ, it's me!
Yak
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Return to Role Idea Archives