Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Old Role Ideas

Should this be added into the game? Our goal is 100 votes, and then further action will be taken.

Yes, this should be added into the game.
85%
Yes, this should be added into the game.
15%

Total votes : 269

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Kirize12 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:13 am

Actually, I'd like this role to replace Werewolf, which is swingy and broken.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BS4125 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Kirize12 wrote:Actually, I'd like this role to replace Werewolf, which is swingy and broken.

Not sure if this role makes sense with the lore of Werewolf (like what does it implant on each of them) but I think my Slaughterer idea could work as a Werewolf since it pierces NI and the mask could be seen as reverting to a new human form etc

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.

Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby alex1234321 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:22 pm

BS4125 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:Actually, I'd like this role to replace Werewolf, which is swingy and broken.

Not sure if this role makes sense with the lore of Werewolf (like what does it implant on each of them) but I think my Slaughterer idea could work as a Werewolf since it pierces NI and the mask could be seen as reverting to a new human form etc

The thing is that if Werewolf is removed, there will probably be a ton of backlash, so the replacement role should be called Werewolf and have a similar lore. If Slaughterer gets added, that would be fine, but I can't see how Electrician's lore could be changed to one that would fit with a Werewolf.

Also, if arcade roles are added, Werewolf could become one and Electrician could just also be added.
#SaveTheMayor

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons, a server for small, fun Mafia games today!

TG Balancer
alex1234321
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:49 pm

Or Electrician and Werewolf could live together in harmony
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby alex1234321 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:54 pm

JammySplodge wrote:Or Electrician and Werewolf could live together in harmony

But Werewolf is unbalanced
#SaveTheMayor

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons, a server for small, fun Mafia games today!

TG Balancer
alex1234321
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby lucas8411 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:10 pm

Yeah I'm 200th voter!!!

How is the Electrician going? Are the developers thinking to do something with this role?
IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I WANT TO SAY THAT I LEFT THE FORUMS.

Here is my last (goodbye) post in case you want to read it.

lucas8411
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Gooose26 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:11 pm

I have t ask. If you charge your self n1, and then somebody else who is charged visits you, will you be charged after that or will you have to recharge yourself? Either way it is a sweet idea, and balanced.
ICECLIMBERS wrote:Stop acting like a ringleader bigot, goose.
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Kirize12 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:24 pm

Gooose26 wrote:I have t ask. If you charge your self n1, and then somebody else who is charged visits you, will you be charged after that or will you have to recharge yourself? Either way it is a sweet idea, and balanced.

You'll have to recharge. I might actually make it so you're always charged, but not now.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Gooose26 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:59 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
Gooose26 wrote:I have t ask. If you charge your self n1, and then somebody else who is charged visits you, will you be charged after that or will you have to recharge yourself? Either way it is a sweet idea, and balanced.

You'll have to recharge. I might actually make it so you're always charged, but not now.

Yea what I was thinking would be that the meta would be to charge yourself up and then start charging others.

But then if it rests it would be where you would only use it to finish the game.

Because if they get all of the mafia, then they can win pretty easy I feel. Just have nobody visit at all and get role claims from everybody. Then you get 1 kill per 2 days, and that seems underpowered.

But the same would hold true in the opposite where you charge forever. Charge now, then you can start getting more kills than you normally would. What would you say would be the best kills per night on this role? I would say 1 per night, maybe a bit more like 1.5, as this is really an investment, kill people later but safer.
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby JazzMusicStops » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:14 am

alex1234321 wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:Or Electrician and Werewolf could live together in harmony

But Werewolf is unbalanced

So are multiple other roles but this isn't suggested as a replacement for them

JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Kirize12 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:27 am

Because Werewolf and Electrician are both visit-related NK's.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby JazzMusicStops » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:10 am

SK is visit related

It visits a player and then they die

JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BS4125 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:22 am

Kirize, explain to me in Werewolf lore how people who have been visited by the Werewolf die when they visit each other

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Kirize12 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:07 pm

Deaths are primarily caused by people visiting other people. Werewolf and Electrician would be too similar in niche.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby JazzMusicStops » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:10 am

Not really

I mean
Janitor, Forger and to a lesser extent Disguiser change what's displayed from a person on death and they're all in the game

JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BS4125 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:56 am

Kirize12 wrote:Deaths are primarily caused by people visiting other people. Werewolf and Electrician would be too similar in niche.

How does to people visiting each cause their deaths?

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Gooose26 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:30 am

Players A B and C visit player D. Werewolf visits player D. Player D dies normal, he was visited, but players A B and C all died because of who they visited
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby BS4125 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:51 am

Gooose26 wrote:Players A B and C visit player D. Werewolf visits player D. Player D dies normal, he was visited, but players A B and C all died because of who they visited

Yes but that can be explained: "Werewolf kills its target and all its visitors" which makes sense though how do you explain Werewolf visiting two people and when they visit each other they die?

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Gooose26 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:50 pm

Gooose26 wrote:Players A B and C visit player D. Werewolf visits player D. Player D dies normal, he was visited, but players A B and C all died because of who they visited

That's my answer again. What fo you mean that can be explained?

Electrician: When 2 charged players visit each other, they both die, unless one is an Electrician, who lives
Werewolf: When players visit your target, the visitors and the target die
Arsonist: When you ignite, all doused targets will die
Serial Killer: Your target dies, unless you are roleblocked, meaning you kill you roleblocker
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Kirize12 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Gooose26 wrote:

That's my answer again. What fo you mean that can be explained?

Electrician: When 2 charged players visit each other, they both die, unless one is an Electrician, who lives
Werewolf: When players visit your target, the visitors and the target die

The short answer as to why they can't be together.

Really, if players so desperately want a role named WW, have an anti-Town NE named Werewolf that can't kill.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BS4125 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:39 pm

Slaughterer could easily be adapted to fit Werewolf lore though, heck I actually made for that reason which is a NK that kills piercing NI every night with a substantial nerf to balance it

Also, I'd rather Werewolf be a NK role than NE

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Kirize12 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:46 pm

But it's just flavor.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BS4125 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Kirize12 wrote:But it's just flavor.

It has to make sense though

It's like creating a role that watches people and call it Sleeper, how does it watch when it is asleep. Basically the same as this, what does the Werewolf give to people it visits and how come when they both visit each other they die?

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Kirize12 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:13 pm

I meant for your second sentence.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Gooose26 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:35 pm

And bro you didn't mention how the Sleeper can magically see all of the world when he is asleep, cuz he's a magician, so he watches people in his sleep.

Theme has nothing to do with the actual role
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives