Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Old Role Ideas

Should this be added into the game? Our goal is 100 votes, and then further action will be taken.

Yes, this should be added into the game.
229
85%
Yes, this should be added into the game.
40
15%
 
Total votes : 269

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Kirize12 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:13 am

Actually, I'd like this role to replace Werewolf, which is swingy and broken.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby BS4125 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Kirize12 wrote:Actually, I'd like this role to replace Werewolf, which is swingy and broken.

Not sure if this role makes sense with the lore of Werewolf (like what does it implant on each of them) but I think my Slaughterer idea could work as a Werewolf since it pierces NI and the mask could be seen as reverting to a new human form etc

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby alex1234321 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:22 pm

BS4125 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:Actually, I'd like this role to replace Werewolf, which is swingy and broken.

Not sure if this role makes sense with the lore of Werewolf (like what does it implant on each of them) but I think my Slaughterer idea could work as a Werewolf since it pierces NI and the mask could be seen as reverting to a new human form etc

The thing is that if Werewolf is removed, there will probably be a ton of backlash, so the replacement role should be called Werewolf and have a similar lore. If Slaughterer gets added, that would be fine, but I can't see how Electrician's lore could be changed to one that would fit with a Werewolf.

Also, if arcade roles are added, Werewolf could become one and Electrician could just also be added.
#SaveTheMayor

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons, a server for small, fun Mafia games today!

Image

TG Balancer
alex1234321
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3630
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:20 pm
Location: Somewhere (UTC-5)

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:49 pm

Or Electrician and Werewolf could live together in harmony
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Mr Johnson's Wild Ride (GMT)

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby alex1234321 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:54 pm

JammySplodge wrote:Or Electrician and Werewolf could live together in harmony

But Werewolf is unbalanced
#SaveTheMayor

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons, a server for small, fun Mafia games today!

Image

TG Balancer
alex1234321
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3630
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:20 pm
Location: Somewhere (UTC-5)

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby lucas8411 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:10 pm

Yeah I'm 200th voter!!!

How is the Electrician going? Are the developers thinking to do something with this role?
IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I WANT TO SAY THAT I LEFT THE FORUMS.

Here is my last (goodbye) post in case you want to read it.

.
User avatar
lucas8411
Blackmailer
Blackmailer
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:42 am
Location: Somewhere in a place where my time is UCT

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Gooose26 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:11 pm

I have t ask. If you charge your self n1, and then somebody else who is charged visits you, will you be charged after that or will you have to recharge yourself? Either way it is a sweet idea, and balanced.
ICECLIMBERS wrote:Stop acting like a ringleader bigot, goose.
User avatar
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:52 pm
Location: Either on the forums, or not

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Kirize12 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:24 pm

Gooose26 wrote:I have t ask. If you charge your self n1, and then somebody else who is charged visits you, will you be charged after that or will you have to recharge yourself? Either way it is a sweet idea, and balanced.

You'll have to recharge. I might actually make it so you're always charged, but not now.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Gooose26 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:59 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
Gooose26 wrote:I have t ask. If you charge your self n1, and then somebody else who is charged visits you, will you be charged after that or will you have to recharge yourself? Either way it is a sweet idea, and balanced.

You'll have to recharge. I might actually make it so you're always charged, but not now.

Yea what I was thinking would be that the meta would be to charge yourself up and then start charging others.

But then if it rests it would be where you would only use it to finish the game.

Because if they get all of the mafia, then they can win pretty easy I feel. Just have nobody visit at all and get role claims from everybody. Then you get 1 kill per 2 days, and that seems underpowered.

But the same would hold true in the opposite where you charge forever. Charge now, then you can start getting more kills than you normally would. What would you say would be the best kills per night on this role? I would say 1 per night, maybe a bit more like 1.5, as this is really an investment, kill people later but safer.
ICECLIMBERS wrote:Stop acting like a ringleader bigot, goose.
User avatar
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:52 pm
Location: Either on the forums, or not

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby JazzMusicStops » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:14 am

alex1234321 wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:Or Electrician and Werewolf could live together in harmony

But Werewolf is unbalanced

So are multiple other roles but this isn't suggested as a replacement for them
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Mr Johnson's Wild Ride (GMT)

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Kirize12 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:27 am

Because Werewolf and Electrician are both visit-related NK's.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby JazzMusicStops » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:10 am

SK is visit related

It visits a player and then they die
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Mr Johnson's Wild Ride (GMT)

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby BS4125 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:22 am

Kirize, explain to me in Werewolf lore how people who have been visited by the Werewolf die when they visit each other

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Kirize12 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:07 pm

Deaths are primarily caused by people visiting other people. Werewolf and Electrician would be too similar in niche.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby JazzMusicStops » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:10 am

Not really

I mean
Janitor, Forger and to a lesser extent Disguiser change what's displayed from a person on death and they're all in the game
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Mr Johnson's Wild Ride (GMT)

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby BS4125 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:56 am

Kirize12 wrote:Deaths are primarily caused by people visiting other people. Werewolf and Electrician would be too similar in niche.

How does to people visiting each cause their deaths?

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Gooose26 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:30 am

Players A B and C visit player D. Werewolf visits player D. Player D dies normal, he was visited, but players A B and C all died because of who they visited
ICECLIMBERS wrote:Stop acting like a ringleader bigot, goose.
User avatar
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:52 pm
Location: Either on the forums, or not

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby BS4125 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:51 am

Gooose26 wrote:Players A B and C visit player D. Werewolf visits player D. Player D dies normal, he was visited, but players A B and C all died because of who they visited

Yes but that can be explained: "Werewolf kills its target and all its visitors" which makes sense though how do you explain Werewolf visiting two people and when they visit each other they die?

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Gooose26 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:50 pm

Gooose26 wrote:Players A B and C visit player D. Werewolf visits player D. Player D dies normal, he was visited, but players A B and C all died because of who they visited

That's my answer again. What fo you mean that can be explained?

Electrician: When 2 charged players visit each other, they both die, unless one is an Electrician, who lives
Werewolf: When players visit your target, the visitors and the target die
Arsonist: When you ignite, all doused targets will die
Serial Killer: Your target dies, unless you are roleblocked, meaning you kill you roleblocker
ICECLIMBERS wrote:Stop acting like a ringleader bigot, goose.
User avatar
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:52 pm
Location: Either on the forums, or not

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Kirize12 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Gooose26 wrote:
Gooose26 wrote:Players A B and C visit player D. Werewolf visits player D. Player D dies normal, he was visited, but players A B and C all died because of who they visited

That's my answer again. What fo you mean that can be explained?

Electrician: When 2 charged players visit each other, they both die, unless one is an Electrician, who lives
Werewolf: When players visit your target, the visitors and the target die

The short answer as to why they can't be together.

Really, if players so desperately want a role named WW, have an anti-Town NE named Werewolf that can't kill.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby BS4125 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:39 pm

Slaughterer could easily be adapted to fit Werewolf lore though, heck I actually made for that reason which is a NK that kills piercing NI every night with a substantial nerf to balance it

Also, I'd rather Werewolf be a NK role than NE

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Kirize12 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:46 pm

But it's just flavor.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby BS4125 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Kirize12 wrote:But it's just flavor.

It has to make sense though

It's like creating a role that watches people and call it Sleeper, how does it watch when it is asleep. Basically the same as this, what does the Werewolf give to people it visits and how come when they both visit each other they die?

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Kirize12 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:13 pm

I meant for your second sentence.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Gooose26 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:35 pm

And bro you didn't mention how the Sleeper can magically see all of the world when he is asleep, cuz he's a magician, so he watches people in his sleep.

Theme has nothing to do with the actual role
ICECLIMBERS wrote:Stop acting like a ringleader bigot, goose.
User avatar
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:52 pm
Location: Either on the forums, or not

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests