Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Old Role Ideas

Should this be added into the game? Our goal is 100 votes, and then further action will be taken.

Yes, this should be added into the game.
229
85%
Yes, this should be added into the game.
40
15%
 
Total votes : 269

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Cenas4life » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:43 pm

I love this role idea. Simple as that. It is somewhat like the arsonist, yet not really as it can charge someone, but then has no idea when that person will die. It is also one of the few roles I see now an days that is not too overpowered or underpowered. In overall summary, this is an amazing role that I would love to see in Town of Salem. This is definitely in my top 3 faviorte roles I've seen. Good Job. /SUPPORT
Sign up to play my fourm game: Appease Me.
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48645

I really need players for this one! Please Join! Castle Mayhem!
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48781

Check out my role the Tailor
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47868
User avatar
Cenas4life
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 728
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Browsing the Town of Salem fourms

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Totes » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:34 am

Cenas4life wrote:I love this role idea. Simple as that. It is somewhat like the arsonist, yet not really as it can charge someone, but then has no idea when that person will die. It is also one of the few roles I see now an days that is not too overpowered or underpowered. In overall summary, this is an amazing role that I would love to see in Town of Salem. This is definitely in my top 3 faviorte roles I've seen. Good Job. /SUPPORT

So what you sayin is it like da Arsonist, but not really dough.
Heroes Never Die


Guess who owns a genuine WW2 German infantry helmet. This gal.


Pokemon Resolute Nuzlocke Party:

Squidgins - Inkay
Barracutea - Basculin
The Hood - Scrafty
Pwn-iard - Pawniard
Brave Birb - Talonflame
User avatar
Totes
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:31 pm
Location: In your pantry, eating all your food.

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Cenas4life » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:58 am

Totes wrote:
Cenas4life wrote:I love this role idea. Simple as that. It is somewhat like the arsonist, yet not really as it can charge someone, but then has no idea when that person will die. It is also one of the few roles I see now an days that is not too overpowered or underpowered. In overall summary, this is an amazing role that I would love to see in Town of Salem. This is definitely in my top 3 faviorte roles I've seen. Good Job. /SUPPORT

So what you sayin is it like da Arsonist, but not really dough.


Yeah that sounds about right.
Sign up to play my fourm game: Appease Me.
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48645

I really need players for this one! Please Join! Castle Mayhem!
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48781

Check out my role the Tailor
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47868
User avatar
Cenas4life
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 728
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Browsing the Town of Salem fourms

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby ArcdeSeel » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:59 pm

Currently, the Electrician can kill someone by charging them a second time. (A two-night kill.) That seems less fun, and makes it more similar to other roles and better. If the Electrician wants to kill someone personally, he should have to go about it the normal way of a) charge them, b) charge yourself, and c) visit them while charged. (Otherwise, he is too good: compare the Arsonist)

Mostly, this is hilarious and workable. I support it.
ArcdeSeel
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:47 pm

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Kirize12 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:17 am

ArcdeSeel wrote:Currently, the Electrician can kill someone by charging them a second time. (A two-night kill.) That seems less fun, and makes it more similar to other roles and better. If the Electrician wants to kill someone personally, he should have to go about it the normal way of a) charge them, b) charge yourself, and c) visit them while charged. (Otherwise, he is too good: compare the Arsonist)

Mostly, this is hilarious and workable. I support it.

A two-night kill would be rarely used in optimal play.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Cenvil » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:35 am

some question (I am sure someone asked them, but I dont want to read through all of the pages)

are the charges take place immediatly or after the night?
Aka: you charge someone (X) N1 and another one(Y) N2
they both die if X or Y visit the other one at N2?

Can an Electrician charge an another one?

Why has it Redirection Immunity?
(Does it mean both witch and trans btw?)
Spoiler: hope this not count as spamming

I want players to this test pls: game viewtopic.php?f=25&t=50804
Spoiler: the game might expand later. This is my very first try
Cenvil
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:20 pm

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Kirize12 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:05 pm

Cenvil wrote:some question (I am sure someone asked them, but I dont want to read through all of the pages)

are the charges take place immediatly or after the night?
Aka: you charge someone (X) N1 and another one(Y) N2
they both die if X or Y visit the other one at N2?

Can an Electrician charge an another one?

Why has it Redirection Immunity?
(Does it mean both witch and trans btw?)

Immediately
Yes
As a buff and because it has a lot of planning to do, and yes
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Cenvil » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:04 pm

I would say Arso has more planning with their doussing/igniting, and they are not Redirection immune neither.
this role is mostly based on luck, not planning and already making things in silent. (Its a buff compared to Arso)
I think Redirection immunity is a bit much. (Instead make any witch or trans who make him visit himself be electroduced)->if you target only yourself (when not everyone is charged) you charge everyone who visit you. (Or is it to much?) he is not totally defensless against trans/witches but I think they should can interfere with his action.
he will get the message too if everyone is electroduced, so I dont think this would make him any less effective.

except this I like the idea btw.
Spoiler: hope this not count as spamming

I want players to this test pls: game viewtopic.php?f=25&t=50804
Spoiler: the game might expand later. This is my very first try
Cenvil
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:20 pm

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Kirize12 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:08 am

Cenvil wrote:I would say Arso has more planning with their doussing/igniting, and they are not Redirection immune neither.
this role is mostly based on luck, not planning and already making things in silent. (Its a buff compared to Arso)
I think Redirection immunity is a bit much. (Instead make any witch or trans who make him visit himself be electroduced)->if you target only yourself (when not everyone is charged) you charge everyone who visit you. (Or is it to much?) he is not totally defensless against trans/witches but I think they should can interfere with his action.
he will get the message too if everyone is electroduced, so I dont think this would make him any less effective.

except this I like the idea btw.

Arsonist has more planning than SK, but Electrician has a lot more planning than any other NK.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:49 am

Electrician seems too luck based to me. And really chaotic as well. Not that it's too chaotic to be in a game but alomgside the luckiness factor it seems unfit to me.
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1763
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:24 am
Location: ELO HELL

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:34 pm

randomguyhavingfun wrote:Electrician seems too luck based to me. And really chaotic as well. Not that it's too chaotic to be in a game but alomgside the luckiness factor it seems unfit to me.

Every role has a degree of luck involved
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Mr Johnson's Wild Ride (GMT)

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Kirize12 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:56 pm

randomguyhavingfun wrote:Electrician seems too luck based to me. And really chaotic as well. Not that it's too chaotic to be in a game but alomgside the luckiness factor it seems unfit to me.

If you wanna play electrician as an RNG role go ahead. Just keep it out of ranked.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:16 am

JammySplodge wrote:
randomguyhavingfun wrote:Electrician seems too luck based to me. And really chaotic as well. Not that it's too chaotic to be in a game but alomgside the luckiness factor it seems unfit to me.

Every role has a degree of luck involved

True but I think this gets more luck involved than any balanched ( f you vh ) role currently in game.
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1763
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:24 am
Location: ELO HELL

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:18 am

randomguyhavingfun wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:
randomguyhavingfun wrote:Electrician seems too luck based to me. And really chaotic as well. Not that it's too chaotic to be in a game but alomgside the luckiness factor it seems unfit to me.

Every role has a degree of luck involved

True but I think this gets more luck involved than any balanched ( f you vh ) role currently in game.

You could play it with luck.

Or you could play it with skill like me and force people to visit each other.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Michael22omega » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:18 pm

This is the N1 Neutral Killing on this forums
First it's not unique people are making to much roles that are unique and unbalanced and they think it's should be added
Also it's seems pretty balanced and not UP, also different from any NK that currently in the game but my personal opinion is that the buff of no change message isn't necessary
User avatar
Michael22omega
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:11 am

Michael22omega wrote:This is the N1 Neutral Killing on this forums
First it's not unique people are making to much roles that are unique and unbalanced and they think it's should be added
Also it's seems pretty balanced and not UP, also different from any NK that currently in the game but my personal opinion is that the buff of no change message isn't necessary

"Unique roles are bad roles " Michael 2016
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1763
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:24 am
Location: ELO HELL

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Michael22omega » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:27 am

randomguyhavingfun wrote:
Michael22omega wrote:This is the N1 Neutral Killing on this forums
First it's not unique people are making to much roles that are unique and unbalanced and they think it's should be added
Also it's seems pretty balanced and not UP, also different from any NK that currently in the game but my personal opinion is that the buff of no change message isn't necessary

"Unique roles are bad roles " Michael 2016

Making unbalanced new roles that are unique because if she won't be that will be totally unbalance is shity role
User avatar
Michael22omega
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:39 am

Yes making unbalanced roles isn't bad whether the are unique or not but beeing unique doesn't mean something is unbalanced and no the beeing unique doesn't mean something is balanched
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1763
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:24 am
Location: ELO HELL

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Kirize12 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:38 am

Michael22omega wrote:This is the N1 Neutral Killing on this forums
First it's not unique people are making to much roles that are unique and unbalanced and they think it's should be added
Also it's seems pretty balanced and not UP, also different from any NK that currently in the game but my personal opinion is that the buff of no change message isn't necessary

How's it gonna kill if people know who to avoid?
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:01 am

Kirize12 wrote:
Michael22omega wrote:This is the N1 Neutral Killing on this forums
First it's not unique people are making to much roles that are unique and unbalanced and they think it's should be added
Also it's seems pretty balanced and not UP, also different from any NK that currently in the game but my personal opinion is that the buff of no change message isn't necessary

How's it gonna kill if people know who to avoid?

exactly. if people know the can die they will become very timid and the role will become much less powerfull.
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1763
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:24 am
Location: ELO HELL

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Michael22omega » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:03 am

Kirize12 wrote:
Michael22omega wrote:This is the N1 Neutral Killing on this forums
First it's not unique people are making to much roles that are unique and unbalanced and they think it's should be added
Also it's seems pretty balanced and not UP, also different from any NK that currently in the game but my personal opinion is that the buff of no change message isn't necessary

How's it gonna kill if people know who to avoid?

Wait, if unchanged player visit charged he will be charged?
If charged player will visit unchanged he will be charged?
I am right ?
User avatar
Michael22omega
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Kirize12 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:07 am

Michael22omega wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:
Michael22omega wrote:This is the N1 Neutral Killing on this forums
First it's not unique people are making to much roles that are unique and unbalanced and they think it's should be added
Also it's seems pretty balanced and not UP, also different from any NK that currently in the game but my personal opinion is that the buff of no change message isn't necessary

How's it gonna kill if people know who to avoid?

Wait, if unchanged player visit charged he will be charged?
If charged player will visit unchanged he will be charged?
I am right ?

You cannot be charged unless visited by an electrician.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Michael22omega » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:17 am

Kirize12 wrote:
Michael22omega wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:
Michael22omega wrote:This is the N1 Neutral Killing on this forums
First it's not unique people are making to much roles that are unique and unbalanced and they think it's should be added
Also it's seems pretty balanced and not UP, also different from any NK that currently in the game but my personal opinion is that the buff of no change message isn't necessary

How's it gonna kill if people know who to avoid?

Wait, if unchanged player visit charged he will be charged?
If charged player will visit unchanged he will be charged?
I am right ?

You cannot be charged unless visited by an electrician.


Oh I got this now, I think this was like what I said long time ago at the start buy you changed it, well then I agree with Silent Charges this also gives SK/WW the ability to stay quiet and wait and let town think NK is elect
User avatar
Michael22omega
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Cenvil » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:38 am

Kirize12 wrote:
Cenvil wrote:I would say Arso has more planning with their doussing/igniting, and they are not Redirection immune neither.
this role is mostly based on luck, not planning and already making things in silent. (Its a buff compared to Arso)
I think Redirection immunity is a bit much. (Instead make any witch or trans who make him visit himself be electroduced)->if you target only yourself (when not everyone is charged) you charge everyone who visit you. (Or is it to much?) he is not totally defensless against trans/witches but I think they should can interfere with his action.
he will get the message too if everyone is electroduced, so I dont think this would make him any less effective.

except this I like the idea btw.

Arsonist has more planning than SK, but Electrician has a lot more planning than any other NK.

I see your point. But I dont accept it.
The trans/escort/consort/witch are intentional in the game to get rip plannings.
Spoiler: hope this not count as spamming

I want players to this test pls: game viewtopic.php?f=25&t=50804
Spoiler: the game might expand later. This is my very first try
Cenvil
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:20 pm

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Kirize12 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:56 pm

Transporter is OP, escort/consort can still hinder it, and witch wins with electrician anyways.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest