Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Old Role Ideas

Should this be added into the game? Our goal is 100 votes, and then further action will be taken.

Yes, this should be added into the game.
85%
Yes, this should be added into the game.
15%

Total votes : 269

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Cenas4life » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:43 pm

I love this role idea. Simple as that. It is somewhat like the arsonist, yet not really as it can charge someone, but then has no idea when that person will die. It is also one of the few roles I see now an days that is not too overpowered or underpowered. In overall summary, this is an amazing role that I would love to see in Town of Salem. This is definitely in my top 3 faviorte roles I've seen. Good Job. /SUPPORT
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48645

I really need players for this one! Please Join! Castle Mayhem!
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48781

Check out my role the Tailor
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47868
Cenas4life
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Totes » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:34 am

Cenas4life wrote:I love this role idea. Simple as that. It is somewhat like the arsonist, yet not really as it can charge someone, but then has no idea when that person will die. It is also one of the few roles I see now an days that is not too overpowered or underpowered. In overall summary, this is an amazing role that I would love to see in Town of Salem. This is definitely in my top 3 faviorte roles I've seen. Good Job. /SUPPORT

So what you sayin is it like da Arsonist, but not really dough.
Heroes Never Die

Guess who owns a genuine WW2 German infantry helmet. This gal.

Pokemon Resolute Nuzlocke Party:

Squidgins - Inkay
Barracutea - Basculin
The Hood - Scrafty
Pwn-iard - Pawniard
Brave Birb - Talonflame
Totes
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Cenas4life » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:58 am

Totes wrote:
Cenas4life wrote:I love this role idea. Simple as that. It is somewhat like the arsonist, yet not really as it can charge someone, but then has no idea when that person will die. It is also one of the few roles I see now an days that is not too overpowered or underpowered. In overall summary, this is an amazing role that I would love to see in Town of Salem. This is definitely in my top 3 faviorte roles I've seen. Good Job. /SUPPORT

So what you sayin is it like da Arsonist, but not really dough.

Yeah that sounds about right.
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48645

I really need players for this one! Please Join! Castle Mayhem!
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48781

Check out my role the Tailor
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47868
Cenas4life
Jailor
Jailor

Postby ArcdeSeel » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:59 pm

Currently, the Electrician can kill someone by charging them a second time. (A two-night kill.) That seems less fun, and makes it more similar to other roles and better. If the Electrician wants to kill someone personally, he should have to go about it the normal way of a) charge them, b) charge yourself, and c) visit them while charged. (Otherwise, he is too good: compare the Arsonist)

Mostly, this is hilarious and workable. I support it.
ArcdeSeel
Witch
Witch

Postby Kirize12 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:17 am

ArcdeSeel wrote:Currently, the Electrician can kill someone by charging them a second time. (A two-night kill.) That seems less fun, and makes it more similar to other roles and better. If the Electrician wants to kill someone personally, he should have to go about it the normal way of a) charge them, b) charge yourself, and c) visit them while charged. (Otherwise, he is too good: compare the Arsonist)

Mostly, this is hilarious and workable. I support it.

A two-night kill would be rarely used in optimal play.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Cenvil » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:35 am

some question (I am sure someone asked them, but I dont want to read through all of the pages)

are the charges take place immediatly or after the night?
Aka: you charge someone (X) N1 and another one(Y) N2
they both die if X or Y visit the other one at N2?

Can an Electrician charge an another one?

Why has it Redirection Immunity?
(Does it mean both witch and trans btw?)
Spoiler: hope this not count as spamming

I want players to this test pls: game viewtopic.php?f=25&t=50804
Spoiler: the game might expand later. This is my very first try
Cenvil
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Kirize12 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:05 pm

Cenvil wrote:some question (I am sure someone asked them, but I dont want to read through all of the pages)

are the charges take place immediatly or after the night?
Aka: you charge someone (X) N1 and another one(Y) N2
they both die if X or Y visit the other one at N2?

Can an Electrician charge an another one?

Why has it Redirection Immunity?
(Does it mean both witch and trans btw?)

Immediately
Yes
As a buff and because it has a lot of planning to do, and yes
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Cenvil » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:04 pm

I would say Arso has more planning with their doussing/igniting, and they are not Redirection immune neither.
this role is mostly based on luck, not planning and already making things in silent. (Its a buff compared to Arso)
I think Redirection immunity is a bit much. (Instead make any witch or trans who make him visit himself be electroduced)->if you target only yourself (when not everyone is charged) you charge everyone who visit you. (Or is it to much?) he is not totally defensless against trans/witches but I think they should can interfere with his action.
he will get the message too if everyone is electroduced, so I dont think this would make him any less effective.

except this I like the idea btw.

Cenvil
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Kirize12 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:08 am

Cenvil wrote:I would say Arso has more planning with their doussing/igniting, and they are not Redirection immune neither.
this role is mostly based on luck, not planning and already making things in silent. (Its a buff compared to Arso)
I think Redirection immunity is a bit much. (Instead make any witch or trans who make him visit himself be electroduced)->if you target only yourself (when not everyone is charged) you charge everyone who visit you. (Or is it to much?) he is not totally defensless against trans/witches but I think they should can interfere with his action.
he will get the message too if everyone is electroduced, so I dont think this would make him any less effective.

Arsonist has more planning than SK, but Electrician has a lot more planning than any other NK.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:49 am

Electrician seems too luck based to me. And really chaotic as well. Not that it's too chaotic to be in a game but alomgside the luckiness factor it seems unfit to me.
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:34 pm

randomguyhavingfun wrote:Electrician seems too luck based to me. And really chaotic as well. Not that it's too chaotic to be in a game but alomgside the luckiness factor it seems unfit to me.

Every role has a degree of luck involved
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Kirize12 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:56 pm

randomguyhavingfun wrote:Electrician seems too luck based to me. And really chaotic as well. Not that it's too chaotic to be in a game but alomgside the luckiness factor it seems unfit to me.

If you wanna play electrician as an RNG role go ahead. Just keep it out of ranked.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:16 am

JammySplodge wrote:

True but I think this gets more luck involved than any balanched ( f you vh ) role currently in game.

the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:18 am

randomguyhavingfun wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:

True but I think this gets more luck involved than any balanched ( f you vh ) role currently in game.

You could play it with luck.

Or you could play it with skill like me and force people to visit each other.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Michael22omega » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:18 pm

This is the N1 Neutral Killing on this forums
First it's not unique people are making to much roles that are unique and unbalanced and they think it's should be added
Also it's seems pretty balanced and not UP, also different from any NK that currently in the game but my personal opinion is that the buff of no change message isn't necessary
Michael22omega
Doctor
Doctor

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:11 am

Michael22omega wrote:This is the N1 Neutral Killing on this forums
First it's not unique people are making to much roles that are unique and unbalanced and they think it's should be added
Also it's seems pretty balanced and not UP, also different from any NK that currently in the game but my personal opinion is that the buff of no change message isn't necessary

"Unique roles are bad roles " Michael 2016

the psychaiatrist

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Michael22omega » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:27 am

randomguyhavingfun wrote:

"Unique roles are bad roles " Michael 2016

Making unbalanced new roles that are unique because if she won't be that will be totally unbalance is shity role
Michael22omega
Doctor
Doctor

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:39 am

Yes making unbalanced roles isn't bad whether the are unique or not but beeing unique doesn't mean something is unbalanced and no the beeing unique doesn't mean something is balanched

the psychaiatrist

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Kirize12 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:38 am

How's it gonna kill if people know who to avoid?

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:01 am

Kirize12 wrote:

exactly. if people know the can die they will become very timid and the role will become much less powerfull.

the psychaiatrist

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Michael22omega » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:03 am

Kirize12 wrote:

Wait, if unchanged player visit charged he will be charged?
If charged player will visit unchanged he will be charged?
I am right ?
Michael22omega
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Kirize12 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:07 am

Michael22omega wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:

I am right ?

You cannot be charged unless visited by an electrician.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Michael22omega » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:17 am

Kirize12 wrote:
Michael22omega wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:

I am right ?

You cannot be charged unless visited by an electrician.

Oh I got this now, I think this was like what I said long time ago at the start buy you changed it, well then I agree with Silent Charges this also gives SK/WW the ability to stay quiet and wait and let town think NK is elect
Michael22omega
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Cenvil » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:38 am

Kirize12 wrote:
Cenvil wrote:I would say Arso has more planning with their doussing/igniting, and they are not Redirection immune neither.

Arsonist has more planning than SK, but Electrician has a lot more planning than any other NK.

I see your point. But I dont accept it.
The trans/escort/consort/witch are intentional in the game to get rip plannings.

Cenvil
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Kirize12 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:56 pm

Transporter is OP, escort/consort can still hinder it, and witch wins with electrician anyways.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives