Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Old Role Ideas

Should this be added into the game? Our goal is 100 votes, and then further action will be taken.

Yes, this should be added into the game.
85%
Yes, this should be added into the game.
15%

Total votes : 269

Re: Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Kirize12 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:42 pm

Arsonist should be douse immune, Electrician should be electrocution immune, your argument is entirely invalid.

So, you want Jailor to be nerfed? Then let Electrician kill it's jailed targets!

You want Electrician unique so it can't be team killed? Make it electrocution immune!

Boom. Balance.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby JazzMusicStops » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:21 am

Sman808 wrote:
James2 wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:That's because there's literally only one

That's what I'm saying, electrician should be unique.

I think they meant there is only one non-unique immunity piercing killer.

Yes
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby James2 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:57 am

Kirize12 wrote:Arsonist should be douse immune, Electrician should be electrocution immune, your argument is entirely invalid.

So, you want Jailor to be nerfed? Then let Electrician kill it's jailed targets!

You want Electrician unique so it can't be team killed? Make it electrocution immune!

Boom. Balance.

First of all, you have not established that jailor does need to be needed, just asserted it. Second of all, making it so that people in jail can die to non-absolute kills screws with the game mechanics. Besides, it's not clear that taking away the immunity of people in jail is a nerd to the jailor.

If it's immune to its own-attacks, then electrocution should not be immunity piercing. OTOH, if electrician kill is absolute enough to penetrate jailing, it should certainly be absolute enough to team-kill. In any case, electrician's mode of killing resembles that of the WW in its swinginess, and therefore should be unique for the same reason.
James2
Forger
Forger

Postby WindBlqde » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:25 am

James2 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:Arsonist should be douse immune, Electrician should be electrocution immune, your argument is entirely invalid.

Boom. Balance.

First of all, you have not established that jailor does need to be needed, just asserted it. Second of all, making it so that people in jail can die to non-absolute kills screws with the game mechanics. Besides, it's not clear that taking away the immunity of people in jail is a nerd to the jailor.

If it's immune to its own-attacks, then electrocution should not be immunity piercing. OTOH, if electrician kill is absolute enough to penetrate jailing, it should certainly be absolute enough to team-kill. In any case, electrician's mode of killing resembles that of the WW in its swinginess, and therefore should be unique for the same reason.

I don't agree. ;) Well, I agree with the jailed targets not getting attacked part, but not the other.
I am a preteen fortnite tiktok kid
WindBlqde
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Sman808 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:58 am

James2 wrote:

Boom. Balance.

Werewolf could kill any number of town member below 14 on night 2, where electrician could only kill 2 on night 2, if one target visits the other.
Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Sman808
I mostly play steam games. TF2 is my most played game, since I love to play medic.
Sman808
Medium
Medium

Postby BPsycho2 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:04 am

James2 wrote:

Boom. Balance.

I'm convinced that you lack any idea of what balance is.

SK can attack 1 time every night. That is why he does not pierce night immunity.

Arsonist and Werewolf cannot kill one time every night. That is why they pierce night immunity.

Arsonists being immune to doused, and Electricians to electrocution has no point in whether they should pierce night immunity.

Only people who just want an easy Town win would ever say that they should be able to teamkill. That's idiotic.
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:36 pm

Hey we got 102 :^)
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BPsycho2 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:06 pm

What?

BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:10 pm

102 yes votes.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BPsycho2 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:16 pm

And you'll have 103 after you update the investigation results.

So what is this further action?

BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:36 pm

There we go, Vig/Maf/Elec.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BPsycho2 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:08 pm

Honestly think that is too much pressure on him.

It's okay to wait a little longer while the newest results are getting figured out.

BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby ToSPlayerre » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:06 pm

probably the second best role I've ever read on Role Ideas.

/support
Check out my "Convict" role!

http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=50878

FM Record 3-2-0
Spoiler: NFM 23- Citizen- WIN
NFM 24- Vigilante- LOSS
NFM 25- Janitor- WIN
TFM 27- Vengeful Goon- LOSS
CFM 18- Jordarrian- Loss

Roles I have made:
Spoiler: Early:
Researcher
Ventriloquist
Okayish:
Boxer
Elder
Well-Recieved, Polished:
Analyst
New:
Convict

ToSPlayerre
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Kirize12 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:14 pm

ToSPlayerre wrote:probably the second best role I've ever read on Role Ideas.

/support

What's the first?

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby ToSPlayerre » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:21 pm

Pharoah.
Check out my "Convict" role!

http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=50878

FM Record 3-2-0
Spoiler: NFM 23- Citizen- WIN
NFM 24- Vigilante- LOSS
NFM 25- Janitor- WIN
TFM 27- Vengeful Goon- LOSS
CFM 18- Jordarrian- Loss

Roles I have made:
Spoiler: Early:
Researcher
Ventriloquist
Okayish:
Boxer
Elder
Well-Recieved, Polished:
Analyst
New:
Convict

ToSPlayerre
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Kirize12 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:01 pm

ToSPlayerre wrote:Pharoah.

You mean the swingy conversion role?

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Totes » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:32 am

I don't know which poll option to pick. It's such a difficult choice.
Heroes Never Die

Guess who owns a genuine WW2 German infantry helmet. This gal.

Pokemon Resolute Nuzlocke Party:

Squidgins - Inkay
Barracutea - Basculin
The Hood - Scrafty
Pwn-iard - Pawniard
Brave Birb - Talonflame
Totes
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby BPsycho2 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:58 pm

Yes.

BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby JazzMusicStops » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:59 pm

Pick the bottom Yes
It needs more love
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BPsycho2 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Pick the first yes, it was there first.

BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Totes » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:40 am

My favorite option has got to be the third one: Do nothing because even the thought of having to make my own decisions cripples me. This is America we can't solve are own problems.
Heroes Never Die

Guess who owns a genuine WW2 German infantry helmet. This gal.

Pokemon Resolute Nuzlocke Party:

Squidgins - Inkay
Barracutea - Basculin
The Hood - Scrafty
Pwn-iard - Pawniard
Brave Birb - Talonflame
Totes
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Doommonkey » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:54 am

Solid idea for a neutral killing role, good work! There are several things I like about it, It doesn't win with too many other factions(as so many roles in role ideas do), he's a huge threat to basically everybody making him a large target(balances out the insanity that is electricity), and he's what the pyro could have been(a person who starts something that gets out of control). It also might help with neutrals banning together since he has no reason to harm them. I do have some questions though. If he has everyone charged and kills everyone but neutrals doesn't that leave the Sk, Werewolf, and Arsonist to worry about? This could conceivably create a situation where the electricon is getting lynched the next day as only the opposing roles are left. Also I don't think charges should take effect if there are possible electricions(amnesiacs) as it would force them to choose a role more quickly for fear of dying. Also the story is a decent concept as the whole mad scientist thing is pretty cool, but I'm not sure if he should be the mayor's brother. Maybe some other relation to the town? I'd love to talk with you about the backstory. Anyway, solid idea and I'll definitely give it it's 100th vote, it was well earned. If that vote does do anything...
Doommonkey

Postby Kirize12 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:26 am

Yes, that would be a downside, but you have a method of killing NK's already.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

This is great!

Postby PoptartPresident » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:04 am

This is great! I like this new neutral killing role.

But I do have a few questions.

1) What happens if someone is charged, and that person visits themself? (Such as a doctor self healing, a vesting of some sort, arsonist igniting, etc.) Do they die? Does nothing happen?
2) WON'T TRANSPORTER MAKE THIS ROLE FUCKING INSANELY GODLY?!?? I totally feel like Transporter' presence would greatly buff this role in the game.
3) Why does the Electrician get to win with vampires in comparison to every other neutral killing role?

Thanks for answering!

And today I turned that 99 vote into a 100 :D
The Saboteur -----> Please critic me

*Has a muscular wolf boyfriend
PoptartPresident
Jailor
Jailor

Location: Somewhere on planet Earth, in a toaster, getting "toasty" ;)

Re: This is great!

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:53 am

PoptartPresident wrote:This is great! I like this new neutral killing role.

But I do have a few questions.

1) What happens if someone is charged, and that person visits themself? (Such as a doctor self healing, a vesting of some sort, arsonist igniting, etc.) Do they die? Does nothing happen?
2) WON'T TRANSPORTER MAKE THIS ROLE FUCKING INSANELY GODLY?!?? I totally feel like Transporter' presence would greatly buff this role in the game.
3) Why does the Electrician get to win with vampires in comparison to every other neutral killing role?

Thanks for answering!

And today I turned that 99 vote into a 100 :D

1) Nothing happens.
2) No? It'd have the same effect whether it's there or not as long as the same player is playing.
3) It doesn't? EDIT: Saw this and fixed it.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives