Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Old Role Ideas

Should this be added into the game? Our goal is 100 votes, and then further action will be taken.

Yes, this should be added into the game.
85%
Yes, this should be added into the game.
15%

Total votes : 269

Re: Electrician

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:00 pm

murat1996 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:
Whitemailer wrote:I like the idea, but this seems like a more powerful version of the Arsonist, plus we have enough Neutral Killings already. Sorry to say, but as good an idea as this is, I can't support it.

Sure you can support it.
There's 5 town support, don't tell me there can't be 4 neutral killings.
This is not an OP arsonist, it is above WW and on par with Arsonist.

Don't forget that there is also 5 Mafia Deceptions so it's very possible for more

There are 3...
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby murat1996 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:03 pm

Really? I thought it was 5, I mean what are these? Janitor, Blackmailer,Disguiser,Framer and Forger.

Either way, the Electrician is good but not SK level, and like you said, it's on par with the Arsonist :D
29-35-3 : My FM Record

Hosted: VFM13

My discord is fluffymurat#2318, if you really cared about it
murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby isrlygood » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:05 pm

murat1996 wrote:Really? I thought it was 5, I mean what are these? Janitor, Blackmailer,Disguiser,Framer and Forger.

Either way, the Electrician is good but not SK level, and like you said, it's on par with the Arsonist :D

Blackmailer is Support, there are 4 Deceptions, Kirize
Thanks Hurricat!!!^
Thanks purple^ :p
Testing a Mafia Lookout this week
Spoiler:
isrlygood
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby murat1996 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:09 pm

Whitemailer wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:
Whitemailer wrote:I like the idea, but this seems like a more powerful version of the Arsonist, plus we have enough Neutral Killings already. Sorry to say, but as good an idea as this is, I can't support it.

Sure you can support it.
There's 5 town support, don't tell me there can't be 4 neutral killings.
This is not an OP arsonist, it is above WW and on par with Arsonist.

Sure there are 5 Town Supports, but that is just that: 5 SUPPORTS. I am of the opinion that we really don't need more killers, especially Neutral Killers. The only additional Killer option I'm supporting at the moment is a new Mafia Killer, just to add some variety to the ways the mafia can take down the town. 3 NK is enough, and I don't think we need any more than 4.

Well, I understand what your saying but, the Werewolf isn't that great and only 1 of the 3 is good and that is the SK.

Arsonist is okay but not great

Werewolf gets screwed rather quickly than the rest.

But, who really is counting?

Edit: isrlygood, maybe they changed it or something like that.

murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:14 pm

isrlygood wrote:
murat1996 wrote:Really? I thought it was 5, I mean what are these? Janitor, Blackmailer,Disguiser,Framer and Forger.

I forgot about 4ger.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby murat1996 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:16 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
isrlygood wrote:

I forgot about 4ger.

Well, either way most Town alignments have 3+ roles anyway.

murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:19 pm

Whitemailer wrote:I don't think we need any more than 4.

Electrician makes 4.
Last edited by Kirize12 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby murat1996 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:20 pm

Kirize12 wrote:[quote="Whitemailer]I don't think we need any more than 4.[/quote]

Electrician makes 4.[/quote]

Well, you never know, there could be 6 NK for some reason xD

But, Electrician would be a decent 4th or 5th nk role anyway :D

murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:25 pm

Whitemailer wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:
Whitemailer wrote:I don't think we need any more than 4.

Electrician makes 4.

Yes, along with the 2+ other NK suggestions on the front page of this subforum, not to mention the innumerable suggestions, some of them actually quite good, buried behind. The real trouble comes from picking just one to be the next Neutral Killing. And, no offense to you, Kirize, if I had to choose right now I would put my support behind the Shadowalker rather than Electrician.

Shadowalker = buffed SK. I explained why in the thread, look for it. Don't be lazy!
Plus, why only pick one?

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby murat1996 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:28 pm

Electrician = a slightly better Arsonist
Shadowalker = a buffed SK?

That logic.

murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:31 pm

murat1996 wrote:Electrician = a slightly better Arsonist

That logic.

Electrician is supposed to be on par with Arsonist, not buffed.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby murat1996 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:32 pm

Kirize12 wrote:

That logic.

Even if it's better than the SK, it loses to them on 1 on 1(my Shadowalker)

murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby isrlygood » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:33 pm

Kirize12 wrote:

That logic.

You could say the same thing with the SW, not being able to target directly can set you back. I wouldn't make assumptions before testing any of the roles.
Thanks Hurricat!!!^
Spoiler:
isrlygood
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:38 pm

Hard to find = bad. Easy to find is also horrible.

There needs to be a medium between hard to find and easy to find.

It's like balance - OP suggestions are horrible, and UP suggestions are also bad.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby isrlygood » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:41 pm

Kirize, I have questions about this role
1. So if there are 2 Electricians, do you have to charge the other Electrician too in order to "ignite"?
2. If both Electricians got the whole town charged, like there are 5 people dead, 1 electrician got 5 and the second got 5, does that count and and can either of them "ignite"?
Thanks Hurricat!!!^
Spoiler:
isrlygood
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:49 pm

isrlygood wrote:Kirize, I have questions about this role
1. So if there are 2 Electricians, do you have to charge the other Electrician too in order to "ignite"?
2. If both Electricians got the whole town charged, like there are 5 people dead, 1 electrician got 5 and the second got 5, does that count and and can either of them "ignite"?

1. No.
2. No. Also your math is off. If 5 people were dead, one got 5 and the other got 5 there would be 17 in total.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby isrlygood » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:56 pm

Kirize12 wrote:

1. No.
2. No. Also your math is off. If 5 people were dead, one got 5 and the other got 5 there would be 17 in total.

Right, right, wanted to make sure. So if all the town were charged, but by different Electricians, the town would most likely stop visiting, and the Electricians would have to resort to charging them again.
Thanks Hurricat!!!^
Spoiler:
isrlygood
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:00 pm

isrlygood wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:

1. No.

Right, right, wanted to make sure. So if all the town were charged, but by different Electricians, the town would most likely stop visiting, and the Electricians would have to resort to charging them again.

Maybe I should just make it a unique role...

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby murat1996 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:07 pm

Wouldn't that make it worse?

murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby isrlygood » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:13 pm

murat1996 wrote:Wouldn't that make it worse?

Brings me to another question(god dammit why didn't i ask this earlier)
Are the charges shared? If 1 Electrician charges 1 person, the second one charges the same one, would the target die? if not, 1 of the Electricians could still charge the targets that they haven't charged(they would have to have a notepad on who is charged since it gets confusing....) OR if they are shared, one of the Electrician would kill the other Electrician charged target so the other one could ignite. Or they could simply start charging them twice.
Thanks Hurricat!!!^
Spoiler:
isrlygood
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:14 pm

isrlygood wrote:

Are the charges shared? If 1 Electrician charges 1 person, the second one charges the same one, would the target die? if not, 1 of the Electricians could still charge the targets that they haven't charged(they would have to have a notepad on who is charged since it gets confusing....) OR if they are shared, one of the Electrician would kill the other Electrician charged target so the other one could ignite. Or they could simply start charging them twice.

Charges, much like douses, are shared.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby isrlygood » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:21 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
isrlygood wrote:

Charges, much like douses, are shared.

If charges are shared then 1 of the Electricians would be able to ignite all targets.....Anyways, that would make it impossible to ignite as easily if you killed anyone that you didn't have charged, or you would do what I said above.
Thanks Hurricat!!!^
Spoiler:
isrlygood
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby murat1996 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:29 pm

Pretty much I guess.

Edit: I mean it is an interesting concept afterall :)
Last edited by murat1996 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby isrlygood » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:32 pm

murat1996 wrote:Pretty much I guess.

it really looks like you aren't contributing to the discussion here, these types of messages aren't very high or Medium quality .....I don't know if they could be considered spam, i'm leaning towards yes
Thanks Hurricat!!!^
Spoiler:
isrlygood
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby murat1996 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:39 pm

isrlygood wrote:
murat1996 wrote:Pretty much I guess.

it really looks like you aren't contributing to the discussion here, these types of messages aren't very high or Medium quality .....I don't know if they could be considered spam, i'm leaning towards yes

I was agreeing on what you said without quoting :|

murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives