Old Role Ideas

Basics

~Do you like the overall concept of this role?~
3%
Yes
53%
Meh, could do better (Say why)
No votes
No, hate it, burn it. (Say how it could be better/how I could mend it to fix it)
No votes
~How is this role?~
3%
Balanced.
42%
Over Powered (How so?)
No votes
Under Powered (How so?)
No votes

Total votes : 38

Re: The Orphan, Neutral Benign *Needs a Suggestion*

Postby Greenpandalover » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:15 pm

JammySplodge wrote:It's fine as benign, there's nothing chaotic about it anyway

Tbh it was one of those on the spot ideas. I wasnt even going to add in that part then I thought why not.

Kirize12 wrote:Why do people treat NC as a legit alignment?

I dont count it as serious, like I said it was an idea that was on the spot.
Favorite Role: Medium
Me when my side wins, but Im still salty over all the stuff they did wrong
Spoiler: Image
[b]My Role Idea The Orphan 1500 0views!
Greenpandalover
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby BPsycho2 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:52 pm

The Vampire does NOT take the Orphan in. (Meaning there will be no notification.)

Also,

If the Mafia takes the Orphan in, AND the Mafioso or GF dies at the same night, Orphan is promoted to Mafioso.
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Greenpandalover » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:31 pm

BPsycho2 wrote:The Vampire does NOT take the Orphan in. (Meaning there will be no notification.)

Also,

If the Mafia takes the Orphan in, AND the Mafioso or GF dies at the same night, Orphan is promoted to Mafioso.

1.) By technicality, the vampire takes in everyone of its victims as part of the vampire coven. So the vampires should be notified.
2.) This was oringally how the Orphan functioned, but due to some user pointing out potential bugs with the function (Refer to some page between 1-3)

~Edit~

I have a rough sketch of the Female Orphan skin done via hand and pencil. Only issues with it I found are..
1.) The hair. I can not get the hair in such a way that I like it, nor in the TOS style since there is no other skin with only curly hair that I could use as an example.
2.) I do not have an array of colored pencils to color it so its detailed with color, so if I were to share it, it would be in paper and pencil.
3.) I could not get the skin to look more child-like. Though thats not really an issue as the game is about murder and such, so an adult version of the character would be acceptable.

~Edit Edit~
I reverted the poll back to the basics of the role as the poll had the result stuck at "The town/vamps should be notified. Left role as is, and added Poll #4.
Greenpandalover
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Mroz4k » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:13 am

You know what?

I like this concept, I think this would be a much better concept of an Amnesiac, then the current Amnesiac. Since in this case, its a race of who will visit the role first, to have them join your side... instead of having Amne decide who they want to join. This would make it somehow a bit more fair to everyone - as it would not always be a Town role the Amnes joins.

Anyways, doesnt really feel like Orphan, more like someone with Stockholm syndrome...

I think this would be a potential balancing feature to the Amnesiac.
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Greenpandalover » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:42 pm

Mroz4k wrote:You know what?

I like this concept, I think this would be a much better concept of an Amnesiac, then the current Amnesiac. Since in this case, its a race of who will visit the role first, to have them join your side... instead of having Amne decide who they want to join. This would make it somehow a bit more fair to everyone - as it would not always be a Town role the Amnes joins.

Anyways, doesnt really feel like Orphan, more like someone with Stockholm syndrome...

I think this would be a potential balancing feature to the Amnesiac.

So youre saying that this shouldnt be a role, but instead a new form of the amnesiac role?
(Just double checking before I make a comment.)
Greenpandalover
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Mroz4k » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:41 pm

Yea. Id rather have this replace the current Amnesiac role. I mean, consider it this way - right now, Amnes pick the side and buffs their choice a lot. Which usually is going to be the Town, as it has the highest win rate of them all. But this way, the allignment "orphanized Amnesiac" joins is randomized - based on who visits them first. That adds some challenge to the Amnesiac, and stops it from the sterotypical "become Town member as fast as possible" kind of meta.

Dont get me wrong - I have nothing against adding this as another role... I just feel like it would be better to replace Amnesiac with this. Its far more superior balance-wise then Amnes.
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby BPsycho2 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:31 pm

No, I meant the Vampires should be unable to take the orphan in.

They will still BITE and convert him. But they can't take him in, meaning (no message for town)

BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Greenpandalover » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:27 pm

So... I kind of forgot about this page because it got posted into my second page of "Your Post." My bad for the almost week long reply.
Ive had this "done" for a bit now. I didnt bother trying to fix the things I didnt like because everything I did made it worse. (Damn you curls.) I put "done" in quotes because its still not colored, nor shaded, nor digital.
(Sorry for the glare and blurryness, crappy webcamera for the win :))
The skin is based off of Annie (The original) so when you look at it just imagine the colors..
Thanks for the base Night~

Mroz4k wrote:Yea. Id rather have this replace the current Amnesiac role. I mean, consider it this way - right now, Amnes pick the side and buffs their choice a lot. Which usually is going to be the Town, as it has the highest win rate of them all. But this way, the allignment "orphanized Amnesiac" joins is randomized - based on who visits them first. That adds some challenge to the Amnesiac, and stops it from the stereotypical "become Town member as fast as possible" kind of meta.

Dont get me wrong - I have nothing against adding this as another role... I just feel like it would be better to replace Amnesiac with this. Its far more superior balance-wise then Amnes.

Spoiler: I feel like they should remain separate roles.
One can become anything of their choice, while the other is given a role that would instantly change the game.
Also, with how strong the Orphan is, the amnesiac would have to restricted to unique. This would be bad because theres only currently 2 benign roles and if 1 of those 2 roles is unique, it would mean that there would be no variety among that group. (I hope this made sense...)

BPsycho2 wrote:No, I meant the Vampires should be unable to take the orphan in.

They will still BITE and convert him. But they can't take him in, meaning (no message for town)

Spoiler: Ah, I see what you mean now. I did a poll were the results ended in a 50% more support for the message being announced than not, so its going to remain that way.
Greenpandalover
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby BananaMonkeyTaco » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:15 pm

Greenpandalover wrote:it would mean that there would be no variety among that group.

This is why I love this role so much. It brings a balanced variety to a fairly stale alignment. Neutral Benign is one of the two only alignments (Town Protective is the only other to my knowledge) that has less than 3 roles in it (If anyone mentions Neutral Chaos I will end you) which makes it just, boring as an alignment when added in the game. Having the orphan added would allow Neutral Benign to be a less given fact of amne/survivor and allow it to be more unreliable.
BananaMonkeyTaco
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Greenpandalover » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:45 pm

BananaMonkeyTaco wrote:
Greenpandalover wrote:it would mean that there would be no variety among that group.

This is why I love this role so much. It brings a balanced variety to a fairly stale alignment. Neutral Benign is one of the two only alignments (Town Protective is the only other to my knowledge) that has less than 3 roles in it (If anyone mentions Neutral Chaos I will end you) which makes it just, boring as an alignment when added in the game. Having the orphan added would allow Neutral Benign to be a less given fact of amne/survivor and allow it to be more unreliable.

You forgot the Neutral Cha.... never mind.

I feel like this role would add some spice to the game/alignment, so im glad Im not the only one was thinks that. I feel like the Orphan would be a fairly fun role as it needs to lure people into attacking them, but not all at once and it gives the player a life or death role (Savior or killing). Though the waiting would be the boring part, but same could be said for amnesiac.
Greenpandalover
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby RetralMega » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:53 pm

This role is great, imo. I'd love to see it added.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Greenpandalover » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:12 am

Kirize12 wrote:The notification should be removed.

Can you specify which notification(s) youre referring too?
Greenpandalover
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby BananaMonkeyTaco » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:21 am

Greenpandalover wrote:
BananaMonkeyTaco wrote:

You forgot the Neutral Cha.... never mind.

I feel like this role would add some spice to the game/alignment, so im glad Im not the only one was thinks that. I feel like the Orphan would be a fairly fun role as it needs to lure people into attacking them, but not all at once and it gives the player a life or death role (Savior or killing). Though the waiting would be the boring part, but same could be said for amnesiac.

Don't you mention that alignment. It is said that just saying its name can summon almighty hellfire and conversions away from the winning team.

As for encouraging other roles to attack it, I must say I've never thought about that. I always thought of this role as the only role where you could relax a bit since you are immune to almost everything until you are attacked and get a role.
BananaMonkeyTaco
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby BPsycho2 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:56 am

Haunting should turn the orphan into a Jester.

Why would someone innocent just kill themselves?

Edit: if you're going to keep the notifications which Kirize12 eloquently said they should be removed for both roles, not for vampire. It's only fair.

I remembered vampire once and it did NOT say "an amnesiac has rendered they were a vampire!"

They nay have bitten me on the same night, but it works.

Give vampires THAT.

BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Greenpandalover » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:04 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
Greenpandalover wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:The notification should be removed.

Can you specify which notification(s) youre referring too?

The public one when the Orphan becomes a role. (should also be removed for Amnesiac, I'd actually like to fake claim those roles)

Tbh, that wouldnt be a balance change for anyone, maybe the mafia. I feel like it should be announced so everyone, not just town, is informed that a role has become something else. If not, it would be too simple for a scum to claim it and for the role to actually prove themselves. The only thing I could see this helping would be the mafia as it would be more secluded and less recogonized that theres an extra mafia member (Except to a spy who would notice the one extra visit every night. I said only mafia because the other scum roles would be easy to prove that another one has came to be, making the no notification useless.)

BPsycho2 wrote:Haunting should turn the orphan into a Jester.

Why would someone innocent just kill themselves?

Edit: if you're going to keep the notifications which Kirize12 eloquently said they should be removed for both roles, not for vampire. It's only fair.

I remembered vampire once and it did NOT say "an amnesiac has rendered they were a vampire!"

They nay have bitten me on the same night, but it works.

Give vampires THAT.

It does show up when an amnesiac remembers to be a vampire, you were just bit the same night.

I was questioning the jester role, but I guess an attack is an attack... On to another poll.
Greenpandalover
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Jerme » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:14 pm

Jester should kill the Orphan, since it basicly is a suicide...
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Greenpandalover » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:26 pm

Jerme wrote:Jester should kill the Orphan, since it basicly is a suicide...

Going back to this, I feel like adding a poll would be kind of pointless as it would reset the current votes + it could just be used by trolls to skew the votes.

I feel like it would be better to discuss reasons it should(n't) be included in the Orphans functions vs having to restart the poll for a single addition to it.

Last bumped by Greenpandalover on Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:26 pm.
Greenpandalover
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Previous

Return to Role Idea Archives