Accounts From before 2019

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Accounts From before 2019

Postby Achilles » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:40 am

Any account created from before 2019 that had not updated their password has now been flagged to have a forced password reset. If you have lost access to your email please contact us at support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com and we will do our best to help you.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Re: Accounts From before 2019

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:22 pm

Moderator Message: Please read below for instructions on how to find your email address associated to your account if you do not know how to do so, or are unsure of what email it may be, as well as additonal information to provide the Developers when emailing them per Achilles' post above.

To find out what email is associated with your account, please go to the link below;
ucp.php?i=profile&mode=reg_details

If you didn't know ahead of time what email it was, and you have access to this email, attempt the password reset as instructed by the game when logging in. For short-cuts, you may use the link below;
https://www.blankmediagames.com/help/re ... dreset.php

If the website says the email or username is not associated with any account, or you do not have access to your email that is associated on your account from the Account Details page link above, please email the Developers via the email Achilles provided above;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

In the email, be sure to provide;
  • Your username.
  • The email provided in the Account Details page.
  • (Optional) The correct email that should be on the account.
  • Any previous emails you might have had associated with the account.
  • (Optional) Proof of Purchase/Ownership (Transaction IDs, Receipts, etc.)
  • Explain your situation (i.e: Lost access to my previous email, Email is spelled incorrectly, Can't reset password, tc.

Feb 25, 2020 Update:
When you email the Developers, you will receive an automatic response. You do not need to respond to it. Please read this post in regards to the message.

If you are requesting your email to be changed, the old email must be the sender of the email, otherwise proof of account ownership must be supplied (like a transaction ID of a purchase).

If you're attempting to login to this forum and you cannot due to being "inactive" please use the link below to resend the activation link, then follow the instructions in the email;
ucp.php?mode=resend_act

Thanks.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby shapesifter13 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:54 pm

Hey Townies,

We are still working through the backlog of emails related to password resets. It seems many users either used fake emails, emails they no longer have access to, or misspelled their email on account creation. There are also a small number of users who's accounts did not get properly entered into our system, and are missing an email. After talking about the backlog with the rest of the team, and discussing some options to make things easier for all of you we came up with an idea.

When Facebook and Steam users log in using the one click login their respective IDs are sent down, and this can't really be faked. We decided to change up the lock out system some for these kinds of users, so that If they use this method they can still login. If you try to login through the normal path by entering your information in though you will still be locked out until you change your password.

We will continue to work through the emails as fast as we can, and I now have some back up to help me work through it. Be aware that we are a small company of only 5 people, and normally it is just my job to handle Facebook, Twitter, and emails, but our COO is giving me some help since even with working 12-16 hour days It's all I can do to keep the number of unread emails from going up. With his help we are starting to make a real dent now though, and we hope to be caught up before the end of the week.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:34 am

Small update;

The automatic response emails were temporarily disabled as of 1/14/2020. Please just email the Developers normally (once), and you will be responded to when they get to your email in their queue.

Thanks.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TurdPile » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:26 pm

Updated email to point to support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com - the new official support chain.

Please refrain from using info@blankmediagames.com for future support requests.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:43 pm

When emailing the Developers using Zendesk, you will receive an automatic email stating the following;
Hey Townie!

Your request (XXXX) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

Below are several of the most common questions we get asked. If your question is answered by one of these, please let us know that you are good to go by replying to this email!

I have forgotten my password?
You can request a password reset through this web page form: https://www.blankmediagames.com/help/re ... dreset.php

I would like my account deleted.
If you just fill out the information on this webpage you should get an email that will let you delete your game account, forum account, and PTR account with us, along with any and all other information about your existence on our platform in accordance with the GDPR: https://www.blankmediagames.com/help/re ... letion.php

Why was I suspended/banned?
You can send a PM with the text "all" to the trial bot to see all your reports.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4156314
To appeal a ban you will need to post here: viewforum.php?f=40

My account was frozen on Steam due to a refund.
When you purchased the game on Steam you received 2,000 Town Points, double Merit Points earned, and the Steambot skin. Due to refund abuse we have started to crack down of people that refunded the game after claiming these rewards. You will need to repurchase the game on Steam from the Steam account you originally used to purchase the game. If you have the game in your Steam library currently try logging in, if you get the error and it is in your library, then close the app, and try again and it should work.

To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Unless you have additional comments or the common solutions helped solve your reasoning for sending in a ticket, please do not respond to the email. It will just bump up your ticket response time. Thanks.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Announcements