TG staff, Get your shit together (again)

Test roles that have been suggested in simulated gameplay.

TG staff, Get your shit together (again)

Postby fwogcarf » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:33 am

This is supposed to be a rant on the TG Staff and what it does.

How come the Role Polls are getting slower and slower each month? It went from monthly to twice a month because most of the moderators don't do shit. Really, only BS4125 does any quality work getting the roles in the Role Poll. Why is he the only one working on it? WHY? The answer is simple: the rest of the moderators are too lazy and except BS to do all the work around here. Sure Gooose hosts sometimes, but he doesn't help organize the Role Poll? And of course Oliy is too lovable to be removed, even though he's about as inactive as Roz now. That leaves us with Jerme, but he's too busy moderating another part of the forums. What the fuck happened to the effort to TG? How come nothing has been coded in the last YEAR?? TG 3.0 was supposed to come out last year and IT STILL HASN'T! Why isn't anything being done about this?

The staff needs to put more effort into what they're doing (except BS, he's fine) and PLEASE do something about putting and removing roles from TG. Remember when Paradoxist was supposed to be removed? Not according to the Coders. IT'S STILL FUCKING THERE! By this pace nothing will be done until fucking November because most of the TG staff is too lazy to put at least SOME effort into making TG better. It could result in a bigger fanbase if they tried.

SO TG STAFF, GET YOUR FUCKING SHIT TOGETHER AND DO SOMETHING
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future

We are supporters of forces against despair

We defend against the evils of the world

We are guardians, we are strong
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: TG staff, Get your shit together (again)

Postby lemonader666 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:41 am

You're gay
Also jerme shouldn't be a tg mod

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby BS4125 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:14 am

The reason there are less frequent Role Polls is because:
1) There’s Role oversaturation in the Client due to the rate of adding roles being larger than the rate of testing and removing roles
2) I’m not hosting a Role Poll during exam time, which finishes in June. That’s why the next one is in July

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.

Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Jerme » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:35 am

As an additional note: There have been done a couple of things in the TG 3.0 Client. Be aware that Ralo does not always have enough time for continueing the coding of the new client. I've seen some progress of it and it is looking good so far.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Parallax7 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:19 am

While I don’t disagree with this thread, I don’t agree with it in its entirety either. In my experience as a TG Moderator, each staff member typically is assigned a task and completes it. A big reason why no one else is really assisting with the roll poll, is because its mostly handled by BS4125. Additionally, I’d be a betting man Gooose26 is the sole proprietor of hosting tests and recording the data. Which is equally as important as the role poll, albeit, less arduous and tedious of a task. Those two essentials aside, I’m certain both the aforementioned moderators are regularly active in all staff channels, and lead discussions in said channels. In addition to pushing change and insuring the appropriate decisions need to be made to move forward, are made.

That being said, I don’t personally believe Jerme or Roz1Roz, are comparably contributing. Relatively speaking both do absolutely nothing ~ the latter of the two being exempt to the harsh criticism I have previously, and will continue to provide. That criticism being, Jerme is the root issue here. He is the ‘supposed’ leader of TG, yet he fails to lead, really. Quite frankly this post wouldn’t exist and TG wouldn’t be failing to produce if Jerme was leading properly.

Jerme is too busy doing GMod duties and personal life obligations to reliably moderate and serve the Testing Grounds. He knows it, I know it, and the sad truth is, anyone can provide the same thing he does. That is, occasionally talk and vote. That’s what we call council. Jerme should be reduced to council because that’s all he’s worth.

All that being said we need a new moderator, and ‘head’ moderator. Both who are seeking a better and proficient TG, plain and simple. I don’t care who, but start throwing some choices around.

Discuss.
FM Record

3-0-5-2

Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Discord: Parallax#4977
Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Location: .-. .. --. .... - / -... . .... .. -. -.. / -.-- --- ..- (EST)

Return to Testing Grounds