TG episode XIII | Coven Wins

Test roles that have been suggested in simulated gameplay.

Which rolelist do we use?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:58 pm

Coven rank
7%
Coven rank 2.0
47%
Town vs mafia vs coven
7%
Town vs evils
40%

Total votes : 15

Re: TG episode XIII | Day 3

Postby Salocin481 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:20 pm

MadBomberCat wrote:
Salocin481 wrote:The issue for us as Coven is that d1, three of our coven members were silent, so the scum team was just Ezra and I for a while. We had to do proxy actions at night as well. I didn't know proxy voting was something that we could do, so at the end of d2 I decided my best move was to just not show up and hope that Ezra wasn't lynched.

Had we known Judge couldn't vote for themselves, we could've won sooner. We could've witched Jailor and gotten Rokk stabbed by Acolyte. We knew Acolyte wasn't Survivor since I was the NB, and based on the Doc claim we reasoned they were SK.

A D2 win (outside of relying on Jaiden to vote Alex) could've been mechanically possible if we played our cards better.

I agree that Servant is too swingy. Like most NB, honestly, but Servant is worse. It's probably fine in Chaos modes, and it's pretty fun! Thus far in the two FMs with Servant, the team with Servant has had a MASSIVE advantage.

I had no idea coven knew I was jailor N2, the only person I had told at that point was Alex. Either coven did better than I thought or I did worse than I thought. I feel like if you had to do a proxy night action, the person should have been replaced, as that’s a day and night of inactivity, no?

It wasn't hard to reason out.

At that point, we knew it wasn't:

Super (Invest claim), Dawn (Sheriff claim, but I doubted they were Jailor), Jaiden (Outed SK for not visiting), Brilliand (Jailed n1)

To me, that was either Alex or you, and when Alex claimed Jailor it solidified in my mind it was you.

As for day/night inactivity, everyone WAS chatting in night chat, but most people seemed very lost so we ended up just taking control.

VampireAcolyte wrote:
Salocin481 wrote:The issue for us as Coven is that d1, three of our coven members were silent, so the scum team was just Ezra and I for a while. We had to do proxy actions at night as well. I didn't know proxy voting was something that we could do, so at the end of d2 I decided my best move was to just not show up and hope that Ezra wasn't lynched.

Had we known Judge couldn't vote for themselves, we could've won sooner. We could've witched Jailor and gotten Rokk stabbed by Acolyte. We knew Acolyte wasn't Survivor since I was the NB, and based on the Doc claim we reasoned they were SK.

A D2 win (outside of relying on Jaiden to vote Alex) could've been mechanically possible if we played our cards better.

I agree that Servant is too swingy. Like most NB, honestly, but Servant is worse. It's probably fine in Chaos modes, and it's pretty fun! Thus far in the two FMs with Servant, the team with Servant has had a MASSIVE advantage.

I was aware the game was likely to end with the Coven winning, I had cautioused the Jailor just in case he was witched because I knew if I didn't the coven would IMMEDIATELY win, me claiming doc was just because I didn't really want to try a complicated game in the very first match but I just got fucked all around, had you witched the Jailor I likely would've just came out as scum and started killing whoever I think is starting to gain maj, what would town do, lynch me? exe me with 4 coven and a servant?

I suppose not, but we could just control you to act like a puppet for us, throwing you into Veteran. We knew Brilliand was TK due to claims, and I has suspected they were Veteran. Would not have been a bad play for us to force you to attack Veteran. Lots of stuff we could've done.
Salocin481

Re: TG episode XIII | Coven Wins

Postby TheMaroon5Fan » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:38 pm

There were multiple things that went wrong with this game.

I was unfortunately Lookout and decided to visit Jaiden. Bad Coven :((((

But my thoughts come down to the problem with the hosting and the problem with how town lost.

Night actions should've been processed before the day started and at least checked that all PMs were sent to everyone. I forget if this forum deletes outbox messages or not so you can't see if someone quickly read it but if it does I would think for it to be a good idea to keep tabs somewhere as to which PMs you've sent to which people. Another problem I had with the moderation was the amount of influence that Syj seemingly had on the game. Using mod influence like what happened with Alex as a basis for a townread can be game breaking. I've learned that too much mod interaction is bad for gamestate as well, and I think Syj if you do host another one of these you should tone it down a bit and keep this advice in mind. You did host a good game with few mistakes, so you should hold your head up high.

Alex's play was a major reason town lost, along with some inactive players here and there. It is not a good idea to claim something like "I'm the most powerful player here" while also claiming multiple roles. He didn't necessarily tunnel anyone but once he got locked into someone he was LOCKED in until he was suddenly swayed to someone else. Also not really a good strategy for townie points. His D2 wasn't a whole lot better. I think he can learn from this and I wish him the best moving forward.

Can someone tell me how Ezra was able to proxy vote like that? I don't know a role that can suddenly just do that. Those votes single-handedly won the game for Coven and it really bugs me.
Hey! It's me, fwogcarf! My other account is lost to time so I'm using this one instead.
TheMaroon5Fan
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Ezradekezra » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:44 pm

TheMaroon5Fan wrote:Can someone tell me how Ezra was able to proxy vote like that? I don't know a role that can suddenly just do that. Those votes single-handedly won the game for Coven and it really bugs me.

I asked Syj if I could submit votes on behalf of my teammates if I had a good reason to do so and was told yes

It didn't have anything to do with my specific role
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby TheMaroon5Fan » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:08 am

Ezradekezra wrote:
TheMaroon5Fan wrote:Can someone tell me how Ezra was able to proxy vote like that? I don't know a role that can suddenly just do that. Those votes single-handedly won the game for Coven and it really bugs me.

I asked Syj if I could submit votes on behalf of my teammates if I had a good reason to do so and was told yes

It didn't have anything to do with my specific role

oh ok
Hey! It's me, fwogcarf! My other account is lost to time so I'm using this one instead.
TheMaroon5Fan
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Previous

Return to Testing Grounds