Lore Writing Contest | Voting Open

Test roles that have been suggested in simulated gameplay.

Which lore submitted for Huntsman is your favorite? You may vote for as many as you'd like

Poll ended at Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:30 pm

Cavespider17's Lore
75%
Lukewal99's Lore
25%

Total votes : 4

Lore Writing Contest | Voting Open

Postby WaveAqualei » Tue May 17, 2022 11:00 am

Welcome to the Lore Writing Contest! This is where all members can participate by writing lore for Accepted Roles!

How it works:
    The server will send a @Server Events ping in #general-announcements in the Testing Grounds Discord server, listing an Accepted Role. There will also be an announcement here. For one week, anyone in the server will be able to write lore for the role that was announced. Please submit your lore here on the forums. If you're not able to post on the forums, you may submit it here in lore-writing-contest and I will carry it over for you. You are allowed to include/mention other Vanilla Roles or Accepted Roles in your lore, just make sure your story mainly focuses on the role that was announced.
    After the week has passed, the community will be able to vote on which lore(s) they like the best. The one that gets the most votes will be the official lore for the role!
    If an Accepted Role already has unofficial lore, it will be submitted here as well.

Please remember to keep the rules in mind when writing your lore. Avoid using swear words in your story, but damn/dammit are allowed. Gore is allowed, but moderate how extreme it is.

For our first contest, the role this week is Recon (Mafia Support). Submissions will end on Tuesday, May 24 at 11:59pm GMT.
Last edited by WaveAqualei on Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:04 pm, edited 17 times in total.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: Lore Writing Contest

Postby Lukewal99 » Tue May 17, 2022 11:45 am

A quick one to pump out, and not one that might have any chance of winning this, but I got no other ideas so a fun submission it will be.

Spoiler: If you’re seeing this, I just want you to know
Me and you are going to be good friends.
We will see a lot of each other. Well, I’ll see you
And I hope you know that
Tonight, I am watching over you.
Catching your every glance into the shadows.
Hiding wont help you.
I will do whatever it takes.
Nothing will stop me.
Goodnight.

also First.
Last edited by Lukewal99 on Tue May 24, 2022 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lukewal99

Postby Enigmatrix1 » Tue May 17, 2022 3:42 pm

I really like yours- it’s a very creative approach!

Here is mine. Also second! (Not much of an achievement but hey it’s okay):

Spoiler: The child in school with the shortest temper. Quick to accuse. Quick to justify. Quick to quarrel.
Determined to stand her ground. Never willing to admit she was wrong.
That’s who she was. She was also lonely and only had one friend, someone who was also confident and headstrong and remained loyal to her throughout their life.

Their short life, that is. One day, she woke up to find that the closest person to her was in a better place. The announcement rang through the town, praising the brave Vigilante who had done the deed. The girl’s eyes narrowed as she scanned through all the residents of Salem in the town centre, trying to narrow down suspects. The middle-aged lady, smiling weakly to hide her pride? The elderly person amicably talking with everyone, hiding their trembling hands? The girl continued and soon found her suspect. It was the young man, shuffling nervously, badges of honour plastered on his jacket and a gun peeking out from his shirt pocket.
That night, she waited outside the Vigilante’s house, contemplating how she would go about
ceasing his existence. But someone had already done the job for her. Suddenly snapping back into the present, she noticed an old man with fragile glasses striding assertively from the Vigilante’s house, his hands imbrued in blood. She sprinted from her hiding-spot towards the man, stopping one metre away from him, her eyes fervent and filled with admiration.
He smiled at her with satisfaction. “You are a keen one aren’t you?”
“Teach me your ways,” the girl demanded assuredly, her eyes penetrating into his crimson soul.
He nodded his head slowly and offered his hand which she took. Young and old walked back together, hand in hand.
They stopped outside the Mafia’s headquarters.
“As you may know, I am the Godfather. Who are you?” the elderly man asked.
Another man had joined the Godfather. He was waving his pocket watch at the girl and smiling deviously. The girl felt herself fall into a trance. “I am the Recon,” she stated with an equally devilish grin. “And I will kill anyone who does not submit to the Mafia.”
Last edited by Enigmatrix1 on Sun May 22, 2022 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Never be afraid to be a poppy in a field of daffodils.”
By Michaela de Prince
Enigmatrix1
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby JohnReaper7150 » Tue May 17, 2022 11:29 pm

Here is mine:
Spoiler: He had always been weaker than his brothers, but he was faster, and had far better sight than any of them. He would always run out ahead, watching to see who their target was visiting and being visited by. That was until the day his oldest brother was caught in a a powerful blaze that burned down his house. Then, his younger brother was accused by the local investigator of having caused the fire, before being put to death. Of course, he needed a soldier to cry on. And he was there. He helped the man mourn the loss of his brothers. The man decided he would do anything to pay back the kind man. Anything.
JohnReaper7150

Postby alex1234321 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:29 pm

Let me give this a try:

Spoiler: As darkness began to envelop Salem, the Lookout made his way to the home of the Sheriff, hoping to finally catch the Serial Killer who had been killing his fellow citizens every night. After receiving numerous death threats over the last few days, the Sheriff had a feeling that tonight would be the night that he would be stabbed. The Lookout was not well-versed in healing techniques, but if he could determine the identity of the Serial Killer, it would be a huge step in ridding the town of crime. As the hours ticked by, however, there was no sign of the Serial Killer, until a few hours later when a well-dressed man strolled up to the house. The Lookout stayed in his bush, trying to figure out the identity of this strange man, knocked on the house's door. As the Sheriff opened the door, the man pulled out a gun and shot him straight in the heart. Instinctively, the Lookout sprinted toward the body, hoping to do anything to save this man who had done so much for the Town.

In the blink of an eye, the Godfather grabbed the shoulders of the Lookout. "If you make a peep about this during tomorrow's town meeting," he said, "you will end up like that guy over there tomorrow night." The Lookout remained strong, knowing that this was the most important moment of his life. He bravely replied, "I saw what you just did and will let the rest of the town know." The Godfather, tightening his grip, came up with an alternative proposal. "How about this. You tell me who is protecting the Jailor every night, and I'll welcome you into the family. I'll even give you special tracing equipment," he offered. The Lookout felt all the energy he had just a few seconds ago evaporate, realizing the danger all around him. This man was offering to keep him safe from all of the town's threats and welcome him into a family that he never had. "Y-Yes," the Lookout quietly murmured, knowing that he would soon fulfill his true purpose in life, for he was now the Recon.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby EtherealEnder » Tue May 24, 2022 5:56 pm

LAST MINUTE LORE BABY WOOOOOOO

Spoiler: She hated green. It was all around her, constantly, so oversaturated in such an agonizing abundance that she felt like she would lose her mind. Green trees, green grass, “green” with envy, hell, she had green eyes, and she could not tarnation stand it. The amount of rage the color brought her was completely irrational and she knew it, and her family knew it, and the whole town knew it, but how was she supposed to fix it when she could barely open her eyes without wanting to tear them out?

The town's doctor listened to her problem as she ranted from the couch, scribbling notes on a scroll. Though he didn’t look the most trustworthy on the surface, given that he was the only licensed psychiatrist for miles around, most people put aside their suspicions to allow his help. "This is quite the predicament," He muttered. "How long has this been occuring? You are quite young to be experiencing such violent reactions."

"Ever since these murders started," She threw an arm over her eyes. He stopped writing. “I don’t know. It’s like my brain sees green and… just… sees it as an opportunity to snap. You ever felt that?”

The doctor smiled, bringing out a turquoise syringe of medicine in one hand and bronze pendulum in the other. “Yes, I know quite a bit about taking opportunities. Let’s begin your therapy, shall we?”

The door to the vigilante’s house was kicked down, the mafioso standing proudly behind it. Gun too far out of reach, the vigilante raised his arms in surrender, scanning desperately for an escape. From behind the mafioso came another figure, one the vigilante was shocked to admit he recognized. “Lookout? Why?”

She only smiled, eyes a dull, hazy, swirling pink. “I hate green.”
My name is Axeras :>

Join the Testing Grounds!
EtherealEnder
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby WaveAqualei » Tue May 24, 2022 6:30 pm

The Lore Writing Submissions for Recon are now closed. Please vote on which one(s) you like best in the new poll above. You may vote for your own lore.

Lukewal99's Lore
Spoiler: If you're seeing this, I just want you to know
We will see a lot of each other. Well, I'll see you
And I hope you know that
Hiding wont help you.
Nothing will stop me.
Goodnight.

Enigmatrix1's Lore
Spoiler: The child in school with the shortest temper. Quick to accuse. Quick to justify. Quick to quarrel.
That's who she was. She was also lonely and only had one friend, someone who was also confident and headstrong and remained loyal to her throughout their life.

Their short life, that is. One day, she woke up to find that the closest person to her was in a better place. The announcement rang through the town, praising the brave Vigilante who had done the deed. The girl's eyes narrowed as she scanned through all the residents of Salem in the town center, trying to narrow down suspects. The middle-aged lady, smiling weakly to hide her pride? The elderly person amicably talking with everyone, hiding their trembling hands? The girl continued and soon found her suspect. It was the young man, shuffling nervously, badges of honor plastered on his jacket and a gun peeking out from his shirt pocket.
That night, she waited outside the Vigilante's house, contemplating how she would go about ceasing his existence. But someone had already done the job for her. Suddenly snapping back into the present, she noticed an old man with fragile glasses striding assertively from the Vigilante's house, his hands imbrued in blood. She sprinted from her hiding-spot towards the man, stopping one meter away from him, her eyes fervent and filled with admiration.
He smiled at her with satisfaction. "You are a keen one aren't you?"
"Teach me your ways," the girl demanded assuredly, her eyes penetrating into his crimson soul.
He nodded his head slowly and offered his hand which she took. Young and old walked back together, hand in hand.
They stopped outside the Mafia's headquarters.
"As you may know, I am the Godfather. Who are you?" the elderly man asked.
Another man had joined the Godfather. He was waving his pocket watch at the girl and smiling deviously. The girl felt herself fall into a trance. "I am the Recon," she stated with an equally devilish grin. "And I will kill anyone who does not submit to the Mafia."

JohnReaper7150's Lore
Spoiler: He had always been weaker than his brothers, but he was faster, and had far better sight than any of them. He would always run out ahead, watching to see who their target was visiting and being visited by. That was until the day his oldest brother was caught in a a powerful blaze that burned down his house. Then, his younger brother was accused by the local investigator of having caused the fire, before being put to death. Of course, he needed a soldier to cry on. And he was there. He helped the man mourn the loss of his brothers. The man decided he would do anything to pay back the kind man. Anything.
alex1234321's Lore
Spoiler: As darkness began to envelop Salem, the Lookout made his way to the home of the Sheriff, hoping to finally catch the Serial Killer who had been killing his fellow citizens every night. After receiving numerous death threats over the last few days, the Sheriff had a feeling that tonight would be the night that he would be stabbed. The Lookout was not well-versed in healing techniques, but if he could determine the identity of the Serial Killer, it would be a huge step in ridding the town of crime. As the hours ticked by, however, there was no sign of the Serial Killer, until a few hours later when a well-dressed man strolled up to the house. The Lookout stayed in his bush, trying to figure out the identity of this strange man, knocked on the house's door. As the Sheriff opened the door, the man pulled out a gun and shot him straight in the heart. Instinctively, the Lookout sprinted toward the body, hoping to do anything to save this man who had done so much for the Town.

In the blink of an eye, the Godfather grabbed the shoulders of the Lookout. "If you make a peep about this during tomorrow's town meeting," he said, "you will end up like that guy over there tomorrow night." The Lookout remained strong, knowing that this was the most important moment of his life. He bravely replied, "I saw what you just did and will let the rest of the town know." The Godfather, tightening his grip, came up with an alternative proposal. "How about this. You tell me who is protecting the Jailor every night, and I'll welcome you into the family. I'll even give you special tracing equipment," he offered. The Lookout felt all the energy he had just a few seconds ago evaporate, realizing the danger all around him. This man was offering to keep him safe from all of the town's threats and welcome him into a family that he never had. "Y-Yes," the Lookout quietly murmured, knowing that he would soon fulfill his true purpose in life, for he was now the Recon.

EtherealEnder's Lore
Spoiler: She hated green. It was all around her, constantly, so oversaturated in such an agonizing abundance that she felt like she would lose her mind. Green trees, green grass, “green” with envy, hell, she had green eyes, and she could not tarnation stand it. The amount of rage the color brought her was completely irrational and she knew it, and her family knew it, and the whole town knew it, but how was she supposed to fix it when she could barely open her eyes without wanting to tear them out?
The town's doctor listened to her problem as she ranted from the couch, scribbling notes on a scroll. Though he didn’t look the most trustworthy on the surface, given that he was the only licensed psychiatrist for miles around, most people put aside their suspicions to allow his help. "This is quite the predicament," He muttered. "How long has this been occurring? You are quite young to be experiencing such violent reactions."
"Ever since these murders started," She threw an arm over her eyes. He stopped writing. “I don’t know. It’s like my brain sees green and… just… sees it as an opportunity to snap. You ever felt that?”
The doctor smiled, bringing out a turquoise syringe of medicine in one hand and bronze pendulum in the other. “Yes, I know quite a bit about taking opportunities. Let’s begin your therapy, shall we?”
The door to the vigilante’s house was kicked down, the mafioso standing proudly behind it. Gun too far out of reach, the vigilante raised his arms in surrender, scanning desperately for an escape. From behind the mafioso came another figure, one the vigilante was shocked to admit he recognized. “Lookout? Why?”
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby WaveAqualei » Tue May 31, 2022 10:37 pm

WaveAqualei wrote:The Lore Writing Submissions for Recon are now closed. Please vote on which one(s) you like best in the new poll above. You may vote for your own lore.

Lukewal99's Lore
Spoiler: If you're seeing this, I just want you to know
We will see a lot of each other. Well, I'll see you
And I hope you know that
Hiding wont help you.
Nothing will stop me.
Goodnight.

Enigmatrix1's Lore
That's who she was. She was also lonely and only had one friend, someone who was also confident and headstrong and remained loyal to her throughout their life.

Their short life, that is. One day, she woke up to find that the closest person to her was in a better place. The announcement rang through the town, praising the brave Vigilante who had done the deed. The girl's eyes narrowed as she scanned through all the residents of Salem in the town center, trying to narrow down suspects. The middle-aged lady, smiling weakly to hide her pride? The elderly person amicably talking with everyone, hiding their trembling hands? The girl continued and soon found her suspect. It was the young man, shuffling nervously, badges of honor plastered on his jacket and a gun peeking out from his shirt pocket.
That night, she waited outside the Vigilante's house, contemplating how she would go about ceasing his existence. But someone had already done the job for her. Suddenly snapping back into the present, she noticed an old man with fragile glasses striding assertively from the Vigilante's house, his hands imbrued in blood. She sprinted from her hiding-spot towards the man, stopping one meter away from him, her eyes fervent and filled with admiration.
He smiled at her with satisfaction. "You are a keen one aren't you?"
"Teach me your ways," the girl demanded assuredly, her eyes penetrating into his crimson soul.
They stopped outside the Mafia's headquarters.
"As you may know, I am the Godfather. Who are you?" the elderly man asked.
Another man had joined the Godfather. He was waving his pocket watch at the girl and smiling deviously. The girl felt herself fall into a trance. "I am the Recon," she stated with an equally devilish grin. "And I will kill anyone who does not submit to the Mafia."

JohnReaper7150's Lore
alex1234321's Lore

EtherealEnder's Lore
The town's doctor listened to her problem as she ranted from the couch, scribbling notes on a scroll. Though he didn’t look the most trustworthy on the surface, given that he was the only licensed psychiatrist for miles around, most people put aside their suspicions to allow his help. "This is quite the predicament," He muttered. "How long has this been occurring? You are quite young to be experiencing such violent reactions."

Voting is closed. Lukewal99's lore will be accepted for Recon!

The next role we will be writing lore is Conqueror (Neutral Chaos. Submissions will close next Tuesday at 11:59pm GMT.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Lukewal99 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:17 am

Proper formatting will come later, when I don't have a headache

Spoiler: As a child, you would wait and watch from far away
But you always knew that you'd be the one to work while they all played
In youth, you'd lay awake at night and scheme of all the things that you would change
But it was just a dream.

The Viking Chief was on the verge of conquering yet another land, another territory for his rule.
Salem soon would fall.
But mercy was had.
He held back, left members of factions at peace, seemingly at random.
This angered his followers, they wanted destruction to the ultimate. They didn't want this pitiful mercy
Riots sprouted across the land, demanding for his head.

But he was simply too powerful.
He had friends here and enemies there that he could pit against each other.
No one person ever strong enough to challenge him, and no one group ever friendly enough to not backstab themselves.
His power was absolute. He ruled this land anyway.

No one knows why he had mercy on the people.
Some say that he wanted to leave people to tell the tale of his power.
Others say his heart was turned soft by a woman or a man.
But no one ever questioned his power, his authority, or his name.
William The Conquerer.

The first paragraph (in italics) isn't mine. It is the opening verse to Warriors by Imagine Dragons
Lukewal99

Re: Lore Writing Contest | Submissions Open for Conqueror

Postby Enigmatrix1 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:16 pm

Here is my lore for Conqueror!
It doesn’t adhere to the concept sadly. I wanted it to but my brain decided to go wild and said no. Anyways, second!

Spoiler: The Conqueror was at first a small military general who rose to power through his military proficiency, physical strength and stamina, and his skills of persuasion. And once he was in control of power, he never wanted to let go. He became attached to it, like it was his only possession. In a way, it was. It was the foundation of his life. Take it away and everything would come crumbling down around him, metaphorically and maybe even literally.
He did everything to keep his empire strong and long-lasting—building forts and investing in weapons. With these, he could obliterate his enemies, invade foreign territories and expand his empire. He could rule the world.

But he also wanted to keep his people safe. For without people, all he would have dominated would have been barren, empty land. And that would have been futile and boring. The Conqueror prioritised productivity above all else. When anyone was sick, he guaranteed proper care for them to restore them to good health. He ensured that everyone could survive in his empire. Not live, for that would mean sacrificing his power. And for the Conqueror, power was everything. Because power was control and control was his source of happiness, like how rivers were sources of water and nourishment for his people.
venit. vidit. vicit. rexit. He came. He saw. He conquered. But most importantly, he ruled.
Last edited by Enigmatrix1 on Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
“Never be afraid to be a poppy in a field of daffodils.”
By Michaela de Prince
Enigmatrix1
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Lore Writing Contest | Submissions Open for Conqueror

Postby EtherealEnder » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:57 pm

i, too, can contribute

Spoiler: His heart ceased its rhythm years ago. The moment he lost his status as king, the moment they cast him away and left him to die, its mechanisms shattered with no hope of repair. Every day since then consisted of survival, not life—his piercing loneliness drove his emotions to their worst states. He felt depressed. He felt empty. But above all things, what drove him most was his urge for retribution; though his former kingdom was long gone, washed away with his crown, the town that stood in its place was a fine place to exact his vengeance.

Integration was easy. Looking innocent was easy (who knew using magic to hide magic would work?). Asserting himself as the leader, as someone they all trusted and followed without a second thought—that was child’s play. But it wasn’t enough. He wanted them to feel what he felt. Only when the survivors were utterly alone, when they walked out of their house with no family, no friends, nothing, would they experience an ounce of the loneliness he did. Only then would his heart beat once more.

With one hand he would kill; with the other, he would heal. All it would take was a spell…

Or, perhaps, a snap of the fingers.

EtherealEnder
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: Lore Writing Contest | Voting Open

Postby WaveAqualei » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:25 pm

The Lore Writing Submissions for Conqueror are now closed. You may vote on your favorite one(s). Voting will end next Tuesday.

Lukewal99's Lore
In youth, you'd lay awake at night and scheme of all the things that you would change
But it was just a dream.

The Viking Chief was on the verge of conquering yet another land, another territory for his rule.
Salem soon would fall.
But mercy was had.
This angered his followers, they wanted destruction to the ultimate. They didn't want this pitiful mercy

No one person ever strong enough to challenge him, and no one group ever friendly enough to not backstab themselves.

William The Conquerer.

Enigmatrix1's Lore
Spoiler: The Conqueror was at first a small military general who rose to power through his military proficiency, physical strength and stamina, and his skills of persuasion. And once he was in control of power, he never wanted to let go. He became attached to it, like it was his only possession. In a way, it was. It was the foundation of his life. Take it away and everything would come crumbling down around him, metaphorically and maybe even literally.
He did everything to keep his empire strong and long-lasting—building forts and investing in weapons. With these, he could obliterate his enemies, invade foreign territories and expand his empire. He could rule the world.

But he also wanted to keep his people safe. For without people, all he would have dominated would have been barren, empty land. And that would have been futile and boring. The Conqueror prioritised productivity above all else. When anyone was sick, he guaranteed proper care for them to restore them to good health. He ensured that everyone could survive in his empire. Not live, for that would mean sacrificing his power. And for the Conqueror, power was everything. Because power was control and control was his source of happiness, like how rivers were sources of water and nourishment for his people.
venit. vidit. vicit. rexit. He came. He saw. He conquered. But most importantly, he ruled.

EtherealEnder's Lore
Spoiler: His heart ceased its rhythm years ago. The moment he lost his status as king, the moment they cast him away and left him to die, its mechanisms shattered with no hope of repair. Every day since then consisted of survival, not life—his piercing loneliness drove his emotions to their worst states. He felt depressed. He felt empty. But above all things, what drove him most was his urge for retribution; though his former kingdom was long gone, washed away with his crown, the town that stood in its place was a fine place to exact his vengeance.

Integration was easy. Looking innocent was easy (who knew using magic to hide magic would work?). Asserting himself as the leader, as someone they all trusted and followed without a second thought—that was child’s play. But it wasn’t enough. He wanted them to feel what he felt. Only when the survivors were utterly alone, when they walked out of their house with no family, no friends, nothing, would they experience an ounce of the loneliness he did. Only then would his heart beat once more.

With one hand he would kill; with the other, he would heal. All it would take was a spell…

WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby WaveAqualei » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:14 am

WaveAqualei wrote:
The Lore Writing Submissions for Conqueror are now closed. You may vote on your favorite one(s). Voting will end next Tuesday.

Lukewal99's Lore
But it was just a dream.

Salem soon would fall.
But mercy was had.

William The Conquerer.

Enigmatrix1's Lore

EtherealEnder's Lore

Voting has ended. Lukewal99's Lore will be accepted for Conqueror!

The next role we will be doing is Huntsman (Neutral Chaos). Submissions will end next Thursday at 11:59pm GMT.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby EtherealEnder » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:17 am

lore speedrun
it's midnight so i'll probably hate this and revise it later

Spoiler: Human only in his looks,
He hangs his prey on metal hooks,
Until they're ripe, and then he cooks,
For the Huntsman shows no mercy.

Monsters cower when he nears,
He joys in blood and rage and tears,
And revels in his prey's vast fears,

But he protects some people still,
Chosen only by his will,
He stands above you, prepared to kill;
Will the Huntsman show you mercy?

Perhaps now you've escaped your fate,
Although you're in a shaken state,
But soon your head will be on his plate,

EtherealEnder
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Lukewal99 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:38 am

I'll come back and improve this at a later date. For now

Spoiler: The Mouse.
A poor, lonely, old man, mayor of this town. Every day, doing all he can for Salem, just to paint a target on his back. He was the perfect prey.
The Cat
A handsome man, adorned with overcoat and hat, he lays his hand on his pistol. Ready at the door. He would avenge his godfather, hung the previous day by this man's vote. He was the angry hunter.
The dog.
As he bursts through the door, he has only a second. A second to forgive all his sins. A second to forget all his grievances. A second to turn his life around and become a good man. Because the second that you meet The Huntsman is the second that you die. He was the Apex Predator.

(Final paragraph based on lines from The Stupendium - The Second and Apex Predator)
Lukewal99

Postby Cavespider17 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:20 pm

Well I guess I'll submit my original lore for this character:

Spoiler: A talented young man from a rich family sits down at his desk, shuffling a pack of cards. Each with a name written on them. A name for each time they had mocked him... the fools. The Godfather, sending his Mafioso to his home, blasting his front room full of bullet holes, not that the Mafioso could stand a chance against his shotgun; the Sheriff with his smart remarks about how he should be sent to the asylum; the nosey Lookout, always spying on people; the Doctor who sneered at him while patching his wounds.

The clock struck midnight, and a little smirk appeared across the young man's face. He slammed the cards face down onto the table, stopping only to straighten the pile before taking the top card and turning it over. Tossing it aside, he turned around, and walked toward the fireplace, taking his shotgun off the wall, and picking up the shells from the top of the mantel. "A single bullet. I only need one to blast them away... but where will he be tonight?" the man mused, waltzing towards the door with a skip in his step.

The door slammed shut, and the card floated down to the floor, showing the name of the town's most renowned Spy on the face of it. The man who had mocked the Huntsman for his attire, and now the Huntsman was going to show them all he wasn't a man to be trifled with.
Cavespider17
Witch
Witch

Postby WaveAqualei » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:26 pm

The Lore Writing Submissions for Huntsman are now closed. You may now vote on which are your favorites.

EtherealEnder's Lore

Chosen only by his will,

Lukewal99's Lore
A poor, lonely, old man, mayor of this town. Every day, doing all he can for Salem, just to paint a target on his back. He was the perfect prey.
The Cat
A handsome man, adorned with overcoat and hat, he lays his hand on his pistol. Ready at the door. He would avenge his godfather, hung the previous day by this man's vote. He was the angry hunter.
The dog.
As he bursts through the door, he has only a second. A second to forgive all his sins. A second to forget all his grievances. A second to turn his life around and become a good man. Because the second that you meet The Huntsman is the second that you die. He was the Apex Predator.

Cavespider17's Lore
Spoiler: A talented young man from a rich family sits down at his desk, shuffling a pack of cards. Each with a name written on them. A name for each time they had mocked him... the fools. The Godfather, sending his Mafioso to his home, blasting his front room full of bullet holes, not that the Mafioso could stand a chance against his shotgun; the Sheriff with his smart remarks about how he should be sent to the asylum; the nosey Lookout, always spying on people; the Doctor who sneered at him while patching his wounds.

The clock struck midnight, and a little smirk appeared across the young man's face. He slammed the cards face down onto the table, stopping only to straighten the pile before taking the top card and turning it over. Tossing it aside, he turned around, and walked toward the fireplace, taking his shotgun off the wall, and picking up the shells from the top of the mantel. "A single bullet. I only need one to blast them away... but where will he be tonight?" the man mused, waltzing towards the door with a skip in his step.

The door slammed shut, and the card floated down to the floor, showing the name of the town's most renowned Spy on the face of it. The man who had mocked the Huntsman for his attire, and now the Huntsman was going to show them all he wasn't a man to be trifled with.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby WaveAqualei » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:04 am

WaveAqualei wrote:
The Lore Writing Submissions for Huntsman are now closed. You may now vote on which are your favorites.

EtherealEnder's Lore

Chosen only by his will,

Lukewal99's Lore
The Cat
The dog.

Cavespider17's Lore

Voting is closed. Cavespider17's Lore will be accepted for Huntsman!

The next role we'll be doing is Judge (Town Support). Submissions will close next Monday at 11:59pm GMT.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: Lore Writing Contest | Submissions Open

Postby Lukewal99 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:57 am

Not too late I hope

Spoiler: As the jury concluded their vote, the papers came to the Judge to count.
Innocent. 5 to 3.
The defendant looked from the stand, a blue glint in his eyes and an unnoticed red stain under his boot, knowing he has the town wrapped around his fingers.
The Mafia were extinct, they all knew that. Yet some scum was still roaming their streets and ending the town's peaceful lives. This would not be stood for.
I DECLARE THIS MAN BEFORE THE COURT - GUILTY. PUNISHMENT: DEATH.
The executioner placed his head in a bag. Laid it in the rest. And released the rope. Blade falling. The last the judge saw of the serial killer was his head in a basket, his eyes void of any colour. A troubled man, laid to rest.
His boots were cleaned and put to rest with him, by the judge's order.
Lukewal99

Re: Lore Writing Contest | Submissions Open

Postby WaveAqualei » Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:45 am

The Lore Submissions for Judge are now closed. You may now vote on which lores submitted are your favorites.

Cavespider17's Lore:
Spoiler: “What do you mean he is innocent? The lookout saw him!” the town’s Sheriff shouted at the top of his voice, waving his arms angrily as the Mafioso stepped down from the trial stand, a smile on his face knowing his Mafia friends would never convict him.

“We don’t have a chance anymore, we are outnumbered,” the Jailor sighed, kicking a pebble.

Out of the crowd a man stepped forward, a cigar in hand, a wig on his head and gavel in his hand. “I sentence you to trial, once more, and I declare you guilty of conspiracy against the town.” The Mafioso’s smile faded as he was hauled back on trial kicking and screaming.

Watching the Mafioso hang, the Consigliere scowled, taking a moment to compose himself. This man, this Judge, had killed one of his allies. The Arsonist, the Serial Killer, his Mafia kin would all want to know who he is. For that is one thing they all would be united on. This Judge could not live another day.

Lukewal99's Lore:
Spoiler: As the jury concluded their vote, the papers came to the Judge to count.
Innocent. 5 to 3.
The defendant looked from the stand, a blue glint in his eyes and an unnoticed red stain under his boot, knowing he has the town wrapped around his fingers.
The Mafia were extinct, they all knew that. Yet some scum was still roaming their streets and ending the town's peaceful lives. This would not be stood for.
I DECLARE THIS MAN BEFORE THE COURT - GUILTY. PUNISHMENT: DEATH.
The executioner placed his head in a bag. Laid it in the rest. And released the rope. Blade falling. The last the judge saw of the serial killer was his head in a basket, his eyes void of any colour. A troubled man, laid to rest.
His boots were cleaned and put to rest with him, by the judge's order.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Parallax7 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:56 pm

This is dead but Butcher, or the Werewolf rework I made never got a lore. She’s loreless if anyone wants to write it. :)
FM Record

3-0-5-2

Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Discord: Parallax#4977
Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Location: .-. .. --. .... - / -... . .... .. -. -.. / -.-- --- ..- (EST)

Return to Testing Grounds