Testing Ground Standardization

Test roles that have been suggested in simulated gameplay.

Testing Ground Standardization

Postby cob709 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:01 am

alex pls make a standard rolelist for 7p/8p/9p/etc games.

should also train/teach some people how to use host in the tg website so they can be designated hosts in your absence. this way, tests would run more smoothly and potentially more frequently

Edit:
Brilliand's monthly-based standardization proposal
Alex's Official Standard Rolelist (Rough draft)
Last edited by cob709 on Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Re: Testing Ground Standardization

Postby Cavespider17 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:34 am

Sounds like a good idea Re: the role lists. I am working on a List of Game Masters already. We've discussed a potential FAQ for Testing grounds :)
Cavespider17
Witch
Witch

Postby alex1234321 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:27 am

This old hosting guide is still relevant and provides some good information about how to run the games, the commands, and other things.

I tried making a standardized rolelist at first but it depends on the roles that are being tested. If we're testing a lot of Mafia roles, a 9p game should have 3 Mafia slots. But if we're testing mostly NEs 2 Mafia and an NE would be better. NBs, NKs, and NCs would require even larger deviations from a standard rolelist.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:04 pm

Kirize12 wrote:TI
TP
RT
RT
RT
GF/RM (dealer's choice)
RM

For eight players, add another RT. For nine players, add another RT. If you'd like, you can add a TS or an additional TI instead of RT but if that's the case confirm GF or MS.
Personally, since GF doesn't have any active abilities, I prefer RM but it's dealers choice.

you are alive!
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby alex1234321 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:22 pm

Kirize12 wrote:TI
TP
RT
RT
RT
GF/RM (dealer's choice)
RM

For eight players, add another RT. For nine players, add another RT. If you'd like, you can add a TS or an additional TI instead of RT but if that's the case confirm GF or MS.
Personally, since GF doesn't have any active abilities, I prefer RM but it's dealers choice.

7v2? We've been doing 6v3 for 9p and even 8p 5v3 games and Town has an 80-90% winrate. I agree that Town should have majority but we're trying to make the games as similar to normal ToS Ranked as possible. For 8p 6v2 and 5v3 are both not ideal but 5v3 with a Jailor seems to be giving more balanced winrates and is more representative of ToS Ranked. I'm the first to say that winrates don't matter, but a >90% Town winrate setup isn't going to accurately represent a mode where Town's winrate is 50-60%.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby cob709 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:17 pm

alex1234321 wrote:This old hosting guide is still relevant and provides some good information about how to run the games, the commands, and other things.

It's still preferable for hosts to have practice with the UI, as they would be able to assign roles and move phases quicker. Having experience would also increase the rate in which they process actions to reduce mod time.

alex1234321 wrote:I tried making a standardized rolelist at first but it depends on the roles that are being tested. If we're testing a lot of Mafia roles, a 9p game should have 3 Mafia slots. But if we're testing mostly NEs 2 Mafia and an NE would be better. NBs, NKs, and NCs would require even larger deviations from a standard rolelist.

Hosts can modify the rolelist as they see fit.
Or create multiple rolelists for each amount of players for hosts to choose from

As long as there is some sort of standard to work off of, it would make pregame set-up quicker
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Brilliand » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:14 pm

We previously discussed this in the TG Rolelist/Mechanics Discussion. What we agreed on then was that the rolelist should be free to shift each month based what roles are under test.

Though, by now we've pretty much settled on a short list of possible rolelists for various situations, so we probably can standardize. We just need multiple standard lists for each player count, to ensure we have a "list for testing Mafia roles", a "list for testing NE roles", and a "list for testing NK roles".

Actually... the "standard rolelists" could be specified on a monthly basis in the same place the "roles under test" is specified. That would probably be best.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby alex1234321 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:48 pm

I made a list of proposed standard rolelists for different numbers of players and alignments being tested. It's very rough so there will probably be a few things that should be corrected, and I allowed comments on the spreadsheet. Here is the link.
#SaveTheTG

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby cob709 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:37 pm

alex1234321 wrote:This old hosting guide is still relevant and provides some good information about how to run the games, the commands, and other things.

I meant- you should assign hosts to days so that people aren't arguing over who gets to host when there are more qualified people available to do it. unless cabohh is already default host then they're fine. this isn't needed
There should also be a co-host(if there is an excess amount of people, >15) to prevent errors.

Not related but i also thing we should move things to discord, tostg is chaotic.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Return to Testing Grounds