Fix Mafia Head and Mafioso roles

Test roles that have been suggested in simulated gameplay.

Fix Mafia Head and Mafioso roles

Postby azurillia » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:08 am

Caporegime is the dumbest (this is the finest way to describe it) role I've ever seen for real. What the hell is "promoting"? Why the hell you change a role's flexibility and potential? I know it is not allowed to change someone's role's goal (expect for vampire and they ain't in ranked anyway) this heavily counters investigator + dumbest idea i've ever heard. Sorry but it is a shame this was added to TG.

I don't know why Mafioso referenced as "mafiosi" (taco burrito espanol vibes) in GF's role card but I think GF should get changed too. Make GF sticky to all ranked roles like Coven Leader and change its ability to something passively visits (like Blackmailer's current ability in ToS or Framer's current ability, idk you can insert a lot of ideas here) it is just uncomfortable cuz all they do is receiving info from their attacker which is something useful if Mafioso (pay attention please, it is mafioso, not "mafiosi") dies that night or get lynched.

"Shadowing" isn't actually a verb anyway but "shadowing" counted as "copycatting", means copying someone else's ability, which is something does not fit to game's fashion and play style (it is written at game rules that you can't create copycat roles)

I am fine with tactical mafia killing but please fix these roles :( Naru said that TG is gonna explode but please do not leave these roles like this and do not apply to the game :( :( :(
azurillia
Jester
Jester

Re: Fix Mafia Head and Mafioso roles

Postby Brilliand » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:37 pm

Testing Grounds isn't getting subsumed into the game like a final package of decisions; it's dying of inactivity. There's no need to fix the roles here, because they aren't likely to get into the game anyway unless someone re-suggests them at an opportune time later on, in a different section of the forum
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby azurillia » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:20 am

Brilliand wrote:Testing Grounds isn't getting subsumed into the game like a final package of decisions; it's dying of inactivity. There's no need to fix the roles here, because they aren't likely to get into the game anyway unless someone re-suggests them at an opportune time later on, in a different section of the forum

Tactical Mafia killing is approved, they will apply in the first available time. But they must change the Mafios"o" (look, o, not i) and GF to something else.
azurillia
Jester
Jester

Postby Brilliand » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:23 pm

Oh, tactical mafia is definitely getting in? That's good.

Caporegime is better than leaving the Mafioso as is, but there's definitely potential to replace it with a better idea. Heck, maybe Mafioso should just be removed entirely, since every Random Mafia role is getting its job.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby MysticMismagius » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:24 pm

azurillia wrote:Tactical Mafia killing is approved, they will apply in the first available time. But they must change the Mafios"o" (look, o, not i) and GF to something else.
Brilliand wrote:Oh, tactical mafia is definitely getting in? That's good.
Wait WTF? When did this happen!?
I'll be glad if it does get in, but... when and where was this confirmed?
MysticMismagius
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Brilliand » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:39 pm

No clue, I just took his word for it.

Azurillia?
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby azurillia » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:27 am

MysticMismagius wrote:
azurillia wrote:Tactical Mafia killing is approved, they will apply in the first available time. But they must change the Mafios"o" (look, o, not i) and GF to something else.
Brilliand wrote:Oh, tactical mafia is definitely getting in? That's good.
Wait WTF? When did this happen!?
I'll be glad if it does get in, but... when and where was this confirmed?

Check "approvement" section on TG threads. Mods were talking about it anyway. They also accepted a Mafia Lookout role.
azurillia
Jester
Jester

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:57 am

Uh, where are you looking?
My Role Ideas
Unique Neutral Roles thread
Jester Rework

Global FM Record Spreadsheet
On-site Record: 2-0-0
SFM65 - Nora Valkyrie (neighbourhood) - Win
VFM60 - Sol (citizen) - Win
Last updated 4.12.19 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby azurillia » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:06 am

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=20088

They have NOT added to the game yet but they are in "test bridge"; probably they will get added or totally declined in next exp. This is how it works
azurillia
Jester
Jester

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:42 am

You do know the post is from 2015, yes? So don't get too excited. They've added the silent douses, Tracker, Drug Dealer (in the form of Hypnotist) and personally if they do add the rest, I feel it won't be for a very long time.
My Role Ideas
Unique Neutral Roles thread
Jester Rework

Global FM Record Spreadsheet
On-site Record: 2-0-0
SFM65 - Nora Valkyrie (neighbourhood) - Win
VFM60 - Sol (citizen) - Win
Last updated 4.12.19 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:06 am

As far as I remember, Tactical Kills will eventually make it into ToS, but it may take some time.
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Kirize12 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:52 pm

azurillia wrote:Caporegime is the dumbest (this is the finest way to describe it) role I've ever seen for real. What the hell is "promoting"? Why the hell you change a role's flexibility and potential? I know it is not allowed to change someone's role's goal (expect for vampire and they ain't in ranked anyway) this heavily counters investigator + dumbest idea i've ever heard. Sorry but it is a shame this was added to TG.
Caporegime can only change mafia roles from one role to another. If a janitor runs out of cleans they are now a framer. Unless it's carrying the factional kill it cannot even target any non-Mafia role. It also buffs investigator - if an invest checks a target twice and gets two different results...why's that?

I don't know why Mafioso referenced as "mafiosi" (taco burrito espanol vibes) in GF's role card but I think GF should get changed too. Make GF sticky to all ranked roles like Coven Leader and change its ability to something passively visits (like Blackmailer's current ability in ToS or Framer's current ability, idk you can insert a lot of ideas here) it is just uncomfortable cuz all they do is receiving info from their attacker which is something useful if Mafioso (pay attention please, it is mafioso, not "mafiosi") dies that night or get lynched.
Mafiosi is a plural to mafioso, similar to show cacti is a plural to cactus. What is a sticky? I'd rather not have GF every game, that's why Capo exists.

"Shadowing" isn't actually a verb anyway but "shadowing" counted as "copycatting", means copying someone else's ability, which is something does not fit to game's fashion and play style (it is written at game rules that you can't create copycat roles)
That's a guideline, not a rule.

I am fine with tactical mafia killing but please fix these roles :( Naru said that TG is gonna explode but please do not leave these roles like this and do not apply to the game :( :( :(
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Return to Testing Grounds