Why are we gatekeeping Shitposts?

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum.

Why are we gatekeeping Shitposts?

Postby mdb1023 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:35 am

I've noticed a few threads that have been closed because the subject is "Looking for a Boyfriend" or something to that extent. The only response i've seen regarding why it was closed is because: "This isn't a dating site"

Well no shit! Of course, but this isn't exactly a forum where posts should be taken seriously, and I've made at least 5 threads here that were about my love life (or lack thereof) without issue, so I guess my point is: what gives?

Also single and ready to mingle here, so seriously hit me up
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Re: Why are we gatekeeping Shitposts?

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:02 pm

mdb1023 wrote:I've noticed a few threads that have been closed because the subject is "Looking for a Boyfriend" or something to that extent. The only response i've seen regarding why it was closed is because: "This isn't a dating site"

Well no shit! Of course, but this isn't exactly a forum where posts should be taken seriously, and I've made at least 5 threads here that were about my love life (or lack thereof) without issue, so I guess my point is: what gives?

because they're shit and so are you
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ben4lyfe » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:04 pm

Naru2008 wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:I've noticed a few threads that have been closed because the subject is "Looking for a Boyfriend" or something to that extent. The only response i've seen regarding why it was closed is because: "This isn't a dating site"

Oof, felt that burn from here.
toz means fart in Arabic.

Just thought everyone should know.
Ben4lyfe
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby mdb1023 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:48 pm

Naru2008 wrote:

I cannot argue with this

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby Razbae » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:58 am

It's because moderators are not given a real line between shitposting and 'fun'. They remove threads they want to and let the ones they like remain, which is something I've always had a problem with. If they don't like a particular person in this section for whatever reasons then you'll see their threads being closed down much more often than the people posting similar threads whom they like. Examples:

1. I keep being banned then unbanned due to the fact this grey line exists and it's clear 90% of the mods do not like me.
2. They cover up wrongdoing on their end so they don't look bad. Spoiler: Image
3. Other mods disagree with how things should/should have been handled: Spoiler: Image
4. It's much easier to get rid of the 1 person that you don't like than trying to accept them for who they are.

So next time you see this form of "gatekeeping of shitposts" just know it's not the shitpost that is being censored, it's the person they dislike that is being censored.

Note to the mods: not ranting against you guys don't try to ban me again over this. I'm allowed to comment on what he said.
Razbae
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:22 am

Lol Raz what drugs are you on man, don't hog for yourself.

Fyi using screenshots from almost 2+ years ago aren't strong defenses for your argument.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby OBeauPeep » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:45 pm

Maybe because "shitposts" were never funny and should just be eliminated from living on this planet.
OBeauPeep
Witch
Witch

Postby 0verki11 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:10 pm

OBeauPeep wrote:Maybe because "shitposts" were never funny and should just be eliminated from living on this planet.

the entire point of the lounge is shitposting
If you need a replacement for an FM or most Forum games, PM me, and ill see if I can replace in.
If you want my discord PM me.
UTC+13 or something is my timezone.

0verki11
Medium
Medium

Location: Somewhere in NZ trying to get a good internet connection

Postby Alicitzen » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:21 am

0verki11 wrote:
OBeauPeep wrote:Maybe because "shitposts" were never funny and should just be eliminated from living on this planet.

totally wrong
Discord: Alicitzen#1312
Alicitzen
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:34 am

Alicitzen wrote:
0verki11 wrote:

totally wrong

bet

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Mace8937 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:50 pm

I never found my one true love, Damn mods locked the thread.

#MeThree
y
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:34 pm

With a PfP like that, what's not to love!?

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby OBeauPeep » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:57 pm

0verki11 wrote:the entire point of the lounge is shitposting

Literally nothing is further from the truth.
The Earth is flat is a truer statement.
OBeauPeep
Witch
Witch

Postby Chemist1422 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:00 pm

OBeauPeep wrote:
0verki11 wrote:the entire point of the lounge is shitposting

Literally nothing is further from the truth.
The Earth is flat is a truer statement.

:CoolStoryBob:
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:36 pm

its part of the mod conspiracy to make us all NEETs so we become their slaves

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town
FM Awards: Town

Return to The Lounge