New host restriction suggestion

Canned threads go here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

New host restriction suggestion

Postby Mroz4k » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:27 am

Player that is known to be inactive in games cannot host a game, regardless of the type.

Let's face it - if someone barely plays a FM game because they are busied with real life, then hosting is not for them. Hosting requires constant updating of the thread, moderating of rules within it, and careful handling with results and outcomes because even the slightest of mistakes can screw the game up. And not just the game. If the moderator fails to tell the player they died, then that player can continue posting as if nothing happen, spoil the game and even be succeptible to gamethrowing accusation just because the host was too lazy to inform them.

If inactive hosts a game, it's just going to be sorrows for everyone in the game.

You can tell me that it's my own damn fault for joining into such a game, and you would be right. I knew well this was gonna happen. That's exactly why I joined in, to get an experience with this first hand.
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Re: New host restriction suggestion

Postby Santa07 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:07 am

literally suggesting a rule that already exists

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby Mroz4k » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:18 am

Santa07 wrote:literally suggesting a rule that already exists

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SFM 23 proves you wrong.

If it exists, it's not enforced at all.
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby melanora » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:45 am

You have already been told that if you have a problem with a host, take it to the moderator in charge. The fact that you are calling out one in particular is unacceptable.
#overthrowthepatriarchy #babyforfmmod
I'm not a fucking gmod. Don't send me shit about your ban appeal.

FM Record
Spoiler: Image
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Mroz4k » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:37 am

melanora wrote:You have already been told that if you have a problem with a host, take it to the moderator in charge. The fact that you are calling out one in particular is unacceptable.

I wasn't going to point fingers directly, but regardless what I'd have said it would always be incredibly obvious who I was referring to.

And I'd love to take it up with a Moderator overseeing that game... if there was one. Nobody is mentioned in the initial posts, or in the ISO, or anywhere in the thread as far as I could tell. Only truegent is mentioned for his setting up of the OPs.

Beside this was not about a particular person, this was about making sure it doesn't happen again.

I'd like to know very much which mod is overseeing that game. Because from my point of view, I'd say no one is.
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:45 am

Mroz4k wrote:And I'd love to take it up with a Moderator overseeing that game... if there was one. Nobody is mentioned in the initial posts, or in the ISO, or anywhere in the thread as far as I could tell. Only truegent is mentioned for his setting up of the OPs.

Any information about which moderator controls which queue can be found in the queue's respective thread under the signups subforum.
Spoiler: Image

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Mroz4k » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:15 am

ICECLIMBERS wrote:
Mroz4k wrote:And I'd love to take it up with a Moderator overseeing that game... if there was one. Nobody is mentioned in the initial posts, or in the ISO, or anywhere in the thread as far as I could tell. Only truegent is mentioned for his setting up of the OPs.

Any information about which moderator controls which queue can be found in the queue's respective thread under the signups subforum.

Welp, there is my problem. I'm still used to the old system. I forgot that its separated in between individual mods by the type.

If this is indeeded deemed innapropriate or as mocking of a particular person (honestly wouldn't say so but others might feel differently) then this thread can be erased entirely. I'll still want to bring this up again after the particular game ends.
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Return to FM Trash