Literally worst thing about FM on this site IMO

Canned threads go here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: Literally worst thing about FM on this site IMO

Postby Santa07 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:47 pm

wait im confused

you're complaining epxi filled too fast?

lulwat
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby Swordsworth » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:50 pm

I mean

The FM Mod announcements thread has been faithfully giving people anywhere from approximate to exact timings for signups for almost two years now

It's kind of ridiculous to insist that there's no or not enough warning
Spoiler: Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me

S E N A T O R M E M E C H I N O
Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby Mroz4k » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:57 pm

Santa07 wrote:wait im confused

you're complaining epxi filled too fast?

lulwat

How about you read what the thing is really about before posting. Really dont need another person mocking me for the fact that I missed it. The point is about making the sign up system more fair towards people that may have generally limited presence on forums. Yea, I somehow managed to miss it but whatever.

Swordsworth wrote:This thread has existed for a month and a half for a specific reason

Although yeah it's a little under utilized

Yea, a little under utilized...

Not to mention this is limited for the big games. And only if the hosts want to have the pre-ins in the first place. This is hardly a point at all. Doesnt apply to all the games and is virtually not going to help anyone to sign up ahead of normal sign-ups because they would literally have to know that the game is going to be run ahead of time. If they do, might as well just ask the host when the sign ups will be posted and wait around that time online.

Again favours a person that has information ahead of others.

Swordsworth wrote:I mean

The FM Mod announcements thread has been faithfully giving people anywhere from approximate to exact timings for signups for almost two years now

It's kind of ridiculous to insist that there's no or not enough warning

Just to be precise, which thread that is? Im curious now. I have never seen Sign up threads be announced ahead of time.
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Arcthurus » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:00 pm

it's the first thread in the subforum

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6800&start=375#p1728483

Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Santa07 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:01 pm

There are no problems with signups

they're fine, just organise a time to get online at the time they announce if you want to join so badly

the episodes are announced well ahead of time
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:05 pm

Spoiler: Image

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Mroz4k » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:18 pm

Thanks.

Arcthurus wrote:it's the first thread in the subforum

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6800&start=375#p1728483

Well, here is the problem.

I had literally no idea that thread existed. RIP me. So much for a need of anything.

Yea, if the Signups are announced ahead of time, every single time, then it really is just my problem that I cant join into a game.

That opens a question - why is this thread not in the "Forum" section of the FM boards, where it would be visible on all the Sign Up, Game threads, and FM Discussions? Just like the FM Hub is... if it was, I bet a lot more people would actually know it was a thing.

I have been playing FM for a good while... I had no idea this existed. Im betting a lot more FMers doesnt, either.
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby parkerparkour » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Mroz4k wrote:
And whats worse, players like James2 always seem to get in.

Hello kettle, you're black
parkerparkour
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Location: The real bad place was the friends we made along the way

Postby James2 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:34 am

Mroz4k wrote:Its signing up for FM games.

There really needs to be some better way this is done. Its incredibly fucking stupid. I am waiting to sign up for Episode since like Episode 7 and I never get the chance because in the critical moment when the sign-up thread goes up, its instantly filled with people from US timezones. Literally every single time there is a new setup for Episode its filled before I find out about it. The same goes for FM games. I am fairly active on Forums, and yet I dont remember being in a FM game from the get-go in a long time.

And whats worse, players like James2 always seem to get in.

I think the Episodes should have a lot more strict joining restrictions, I am talking about something like "you were blacklisted once, you are not getting into an Episode, period".

Also there really should be a waitlist for Episodes to give everyone the same chance to participate in one, not just people who live in US timezones. Like, in order to get into any FM game you literally have to live in US timezone or have to sit on the Signups thread 24/7 clicking refresh. For a normal person that has to work or has IRL obligations and can check that particular thread like once a day if they remember its borderline impossible to be placed into a game that is not NFM where there is a waitlist. Everything else gets filled almost instantly.

I am getting sick and tired of constantly trying to sign up for any other games and never being able to do it because I have fairly short posting window (few hours in the evening)

What pisses me off even more is people like Murat who are in 4 games at the same fucking time and literally dont give a fucking shit about any one of them, but here I am, sitting here waiting to be able to be replaced into a single fucking one because I cant seem to be on during the signups.

Or worse, people like James who are known to be just horrible players in general, always screwing up the game for everyone else, but boom - they somehow find their way into an Episode every time they can.

James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby James2 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:36 am

Seriously, there is a great irony in someone who's too lazy to even bother to check the announcements thread or the signups forum for five days, calling one of the greatest players on the site bad.

Oh well, just goes to show the difference between those who are smart and willing to put effort into the game, versus those who just want to let others do their work for them . . . and then complain when they do.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby RockFire » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:02 pm

I'm going to lock this because it seems everything has been answered accordingly and I also see that this thread is likely not going to do much more.

The next time a problem arises similar to this one please be sure to PM one of us with your concerns.

Also, please remember to respect other users and not respond to insults in kind. Thank you.
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Previous

Return to FM Trash