Do you like this pitch?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes : 11

Everything You Know is Wrong

Postby LinearPoint » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:49 pm

If you are voting "no" on this pitch, please post with what you don't like about it so that I can improve the pitch to make the idea work.Totally not copped sentence from LoF for convenient stuff that is obvious, bust still needs to be said for some people.

Idea summary for those who are to lazy to read, are confused, or just want a simplified version:
This game is a normal FM game with only a few things different. Well actually everything is different. The only roles that are being directly ported from FM are the flowing: Citizen (For obvious reasons), Godfather (But not guaranteed to be in the game for more on later), Mafioso (Same as Godfather), Consigliere (Mafia still needs a very good investigative role), Jester/Executioner (Just to keep people on edge slightly), Mayor (Mainly for Godfather counterpart), and Doctor (A simple Town Protective really). There is no new Citizen alignment so don't worry about the 1 use Citizens, their is also no Mafia Killing anymore and they will be Mafia Head and Mafia Tactical. The roles able to be in game will be revealed down in the post, but what each role does is unknown and the town needs to figure that part out. There is no hidden or false objectives or abilities on the cards. I can not guarantee there is no Survivor esk role in the game, but if so they will be Neutral Benign and can not kill. New Neutral Killing's can only win with themselves, others the same type, Neutral Evil's, and Neutral Benign's.

Rules:
  1. Days/Nights: Day phases will last 120 hours and Night phases will last 48 hours.
  2. Inactivity: After 36 hours if a player has not posted they will be prodded. If they do not reply or post within 18 hours they will be replaced. If they receive a second prod, they will be replaced.
  3. Whispers: Players will have two two-hundred character limit whispers each day.
  4. Last Will/Death Notes: Will be in use. To set your "Last Will" or "Death Note" and PM the moderators.
  5. Night/Day actions: You must send all Night/Day actions to both moderators, or they will not be counted.
  6. Game Throwing: I have 0 tolerance for game throwing. If your role card does not specifically state you must die to win then you can not try to get yourself lynched on purpose.
  7. Cheating: Do not use any outside sources for the purposes of this game. This includes, but is not limited to Skype, other forums, coders, etc.
  8. Spam: Don't spam just to be annoying. You can still post your gifs, pictures, and videos, but please use preview and make sure it doesn't cover the page for no reason.
  9. Hateful/Disrespectful Behavior: At no point, not even day one or if you are a Jester can you be allowed to intentionally insult someone. Being mean and hateful is not fun for anyone and does have its consequences.
  10. And lastly have fun and try not to complain about your role to much. On the bright side you probably wont get a role you've had before. Sorry Citizens.
  11. All forum rules apply here as well as the standard FM rules here.

Role List: 17/6/6/1 (30 total) [17/12/1] (Town/Evil/Any)
Spoiler: Town Investigative
Town Investigative
Town Killing
Town Support
Town Support
Town Protective
Town Protective
Town Power
Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Mafia Head
Mafia Tactical
Mafia Support
Mafia Deception
Random Mafia
Random Mafia
Neutral Benign
Neutral Evil
Neutral Killing
Neutral Killing
Random Non-Neutral Killing
Random Non-Neutral Killing
Any

Role Alignments:
Spoiler: Town Investigative - Tracker, Manager, Tamer, Seer
Town Protective - Doctor, Repeater, Shepard
Town Killing - Cop, Mercenary, Trapper
Town Support - Oracle, Bishop, Interrogator
Town Power - Mayor, Dancer, Leach
Town Citizen - Citizen
Mafia Head - Godfather, Ringleader, Veteran
Mafia Tactical - Mafioso, Doppelganger, Assistant
Mafia Support - Mimic, Decorator, Insomniac, Consigliere
Mafia Deception - Forger, Hypnotist, Quack
Neutral Benign - Lover, Turncloak, Survivalist
Neutral Evil - Jester, Executioner, Siren, Joker
Neutral Killing - Assassin, Admirer, Spider

Role Pairings:
Spoiler: Your target is a leader among men! They must be a Mayor or Godfather!
Your target is a very loving person! They must be a Admirer, Lover or Siren!
Your target works with knives! They must be a Doctor or Quack!
Your target carries out calculated work! They must be a Mercenary , Mafioso or Assassin!
Your target is an elegant performer! They must be a Dancer or Mimic!
Your target used to work for royalty! They must be a Bishop or Jester!
Your target is skilled with guns! They must be a Cop or Veteran !
Your target is good with handling a lot of work! They must be a Manager, Assistant or Ringleader!
Your target manipulates others effectively! They must be a Repeater, Hypnotist or Joker!
Your target watches over others! They must be a Tracker, Shepard, or Decorator!
Your target is a talented psychic! They must be an Oracle or Seer!
Your target works with animals! They must be a Trapper, Tamer or Spider!
Your target frames others! They must be a Forger or Executioner!
Your target follows others! They must be a Leach , Insomniac or Survivalist!
Your target isn't who they say they are! They are a Turncloak or Doppleganger!
Your target interrogates others! They must be an Interrogator, or Consigliere!
Your target has no quirks! They must be a Citizen!

Special mechanics:
Spoiler:
  • All town roles win with town and Neutral Benign's, while all Mafia win with Mafia and Neutral Benign/Evil's.
  • Neutral Evil roles will be considered anti-town.
  • Survivor like roles can not kill, and are Neutral benign only. Neutral Evil roles simply will not get "Survive to the end of the game" they will have at the very least a secondary goal.
  • Neutral Killing's can only win with their own kind, or with Neutral Benign and Evil's.
  • Their is no conversion roles like Vampire that can turn you against your will.
  • There is no one time use roles. If they have a consumable it will have at least 2 uses.
  • Just because a role has a similar name does not mean it is that exact role. Notably the Mafia Head Veteran might not be the same as the Town Killing Veteran.
  • If you have heard the name of a role before somewhere on the forums or in ToS doesn't mean it is the same role. Notably Forger might not be the same as the ToS Forger.
  • Only Citizen, Doctor, Mayor, Godfather, Mafioso, Consigliere, Jester, and Executioner were not changed at all.
  • Mafia will be using Metrion's mafia style.
  • Consigliere's will receive the role card of the person when investigating them rather than their role name.
  • Finally the role list is sent to the public along with all possible role. However no one will know what the roles do exactly except for the people who receive the role, or find out through other means.

I think that is all for now.
I know I might have missed something, so please tell me if you think I did and feedback would be lovely.
Thank you.
Last edited by LinearPoint on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LinearPoint
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Re: Everything You Know is Wrong

Postby LinearPoint » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:59 pm

Oh my god I'm an idiot. I forgot the role pairings. :oops:
I'll update that soon.
LinearPoint
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby ObiWan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:01 pm

I have not seen investigative results, unless I missed that.
This was not the scumslip you were looking for.

Alzar wrote:there is no such thing as a meta, forum mafia is a lie, we are products of a confused society

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby LinearPoint » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:21 pm

OK I fixed it.
So much code made it incredibly hard to find the Joker on the results.
It's under role pairings. I would have put Investigator results, but there isn't an Investigator.
LinearPoint
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby ronit » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:32 pm

I'm not going to vote as it's too much like sfm 7, and we all know how that turned out... the roles may not be good but we dont know what they do so I'm abstaining.
FM records
Spoiler: TFM4 -win Naked snake (mafioso)
TFM 6- win Cultist
Gfm- loss Agent
TFM 10- loss Serial killer
7C- loss Bodyguard
CFM 7- win Citizen
SFM 7- loss Detonator
CFM 8- win Jester
7R- loss medium
7F- win sk Citizen
CFM 9- win Phantom
SFM 9- Ongoing
SFM 10- Ongoing
CFM 10 - Ongoing
8C- loss
ronit
[Forum Mafia VIII] Winner

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:41 pm

ronit wrote:I'm not going to vote as it's too much like sfm 7, and we all know how that turned out... the roles may not be good but we dont know what they do so I'm abstaining.

I disagree. The town has a role list, the names of the roles, and their "investigation pairings" which is actually pretty good because at least the one line of flavor text hints to their role mechanics slightly. This is definitely a less chaotic version, but still a lot of mayhem. I like games similar to this, where you're less informed than usual.
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Trolled by the League of Losers
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby Odin1010 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:08 pm

I always enjoy falling down the rabbit hole

I'd love to partake in this :D
Odin1010
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby VonAntarctic » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:33 pm

Unlike SFM 7, we can atleast guess something.

A more tame chaos game? Yeah, why not. Those games are almost always great..
R.I.P 2015

and

Welcome 2016.
VonAntarctic

Return to FM Trash