Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes : 39

Re: Sailing a Deadly Sea

Postby Swordsworth » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:50 pm

In response to some previous feedback by Arc,

-The mute period is drastically shorter, to the point that the player essentially decides their mute length, come what may.

-96 hour days give the Secret Agent a much needed time allowance(or lack thereof) for balance purposes.

-Rolecards were incomplete, now they're done(besides minor oversights).

-See above for your Edit2.

Oh, and for those of you that are into stories, this game will be quite an adventure, considering nearly every official message will contain flavour contributing to the game's overall feel. :)

I thank you all for any and all feedback.

All the necessary edits are done!
Last edited by Swordsworth on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler: Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me

S E N A T O R M E M E C H I N O
Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby deferentsheep » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:31 pm

Kirize12 wrote:I've been experimenting with a new mechanic: Amnesiac can survive until endgame without remembering and still win.
My reasoning for this is that an Amnesiac who doesn't remember is like a Survivor without bulletproof vests. If they're taking the risk to survive, they should be rewarded for it since they can't defend themselves unlike the Survie.

The reasoning behind this is circular; an Amnesiac who doesn't remember is only like a Survivor without bulletproof vests if you change its win condition as you have suggested. The entire point of the Amnesiac is that it should choose a role, why would you encourage not choosing a role?
bound to the sky for eternity, the unbudging god is all-knowing, all-seeing
deferentsheep
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Swordsworth » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:45 pm

That has no relevance this game, because the chance of Amnesiac surviving in this game in particular is even LESS than in any other. This game is a tightrope, a power play. Literally every action matters; there's a Majora-esque clock, after all. Awarding the Amnesiac for not playing their role is a slap in the face, especially here, where an extra player will tip the scales in any team's favour.
Somewhere waiting for me

Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby Swordsworth » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:48 pm

Kirize12 wrote:I've been experimenting with a new mechanic: Amnesiac can survive until endgame without remembering and still win.
My reasoning for this is that an Amnesiac who doesn't remember is like a Survivor without bulletproof vests. If they're taking the risk to survive, they should be rewarded for it since they can't defend themselves unlike the Survie.

Think about this for a bit. I'm completely open to Amnesiac changes for this game(in fact, it probably needs a nerf, considering how important it will be). If you can tell me a satisfactory nerf for Amnesiac, I'll gladly take it. What you suggest is actually a nerf, but also incredibly grating on everyone else. It won't work here.
Somewhere waiting for me

Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Previous

Return to FM Trash