Congregation: The Coven Rises

Canned threads go here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Congregation: The Coven Rises

Postby SwedishLemon » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:24 am

CONGREGATION

The Coven Rises

O brothers mine, take care! Take care!
The great white witch rides out to-night.
Trust not your prowess nor your strength,
Your only safety lies in flight;
For in her glance there is a snare,
And in her smile there is a blight.

The great white witch you have not seen?
Then, younger brothers mine, forsooth,
Like nursery children you have looked
For ancient hag and snaggle-tooth;
But no, not so; the witch appears
In all the glowing charms of youth.

Her lips are like carnations, red,
Her face like new-born lilies, fair,
Her eyes like ocean waters, blue,
She moves with subtle grace and air,
And all about her head there floats
The golden glory of her hair.

But though she always thus appears
In form of youth and mood of mirth,
Unnumbered centuries are hers,
The infant planets saw her birth;
The child of throbbing Life is she,
Twin sister to the greedy earth.

And back behind those smiling lips,
And down within those laughing eyes,
And underneath the soft caress
Of hand and voice and purring sighs,
The shadow of the panther lurks,
The spirit of the vampire lies.

For I have seen the great white witch,
And she has led me to her lair,
And I have kissed her red, red lips
And cruel face so white and fair;
Around me she has twined her arms,
And bound me with her yellow hair.

I felt those red lips burn and sear
My body like a living coal;
Obeyed the power of those eyes
As the needle trembles to the pole;
And did not care although I felt
The strength go ebbing from my soul.

Oh! she has seen your strong young limbs,
And heard your laughter loud and gay,
And in your voices she has caught
The echo of a far-off day,
When man was closer to the earth;
And she has marked you for her prey.

She feels the old Antaean strength
In you, the great dynamic beat
Of primal passions, and she sees
In you the last besieged retreat
Of love relentless, lusty, fierce,
Love pain-ecstatic, cruel-sweet.

O, brothers mine, take care! Take care!
The great white witch rides out to-night.
O, younger brothers mine, beware!
Look not upon her beauty bright;
For in her glance there is a snare,
And in her smile there is a blight.

~~~

I've seen it in her eyes. She is no daughter of mine. I write now in these pages in vain,
hoping God will hear my prayers and banish this demon wearing her skin. Such a thin
facade for the Devil to work with, and yet somehow her condition has already began
to spread to other of the local girls. I attempted to banish the demon from her body
with a willow branch recently, but her mother proved herself no better than a dog.
She jumped in front of the strike to spare this demon from the scar, like livestock
jumping from one fence to another.

~~~

Their condition is spreading rapidly. I don't yet know how or why, but these women seem to be manifesting unholy abilities by the day.
Many have been accusing them of witchcraft, giving me all the more reason to figure out why they seem to possess the abilities of Satan himself.
I only hope I can cure them before the town goes up in arms to prepare a lynch mob. I am a faithful man who praises God just as any other, but as a doctor I know these abilities are not the work of even our lord, and very much unlikely to be a gift from Lucifer.

~~~

They hath betrayed God in all that is holy, and have denounced Salem as their home. They have taken it too far now.
We march tonight with pitchforks and flames, we will purify Salem from these witches and pray to God that he will have mercy on their souls.
Pray indeed, as we shall have none for them. Not even for my daughter of mine.

~~~

My father attacked yesterday.
They killed several of us.
I was angry, so I said that I'd rather die than live in Salem for one more day.
I didn't think it'd come true.
I didn't want it to come true.

I'm burning you tonight, diary. I need to abandon my old self. It's too weak. War is coming, and I need to become the monster they fear me as.

~~~

The town is up in flames. A group of fanatics have gone nuts and nearly burnt the town down. They blame it on the witches. At the same time, the witches have risen up for revenge on us, claiming we 'persecuted' them. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm scared. I think we all are. I think that's the reason we hated the witches in the first place. I just want things to go to normal, but now the others have been organizing lynch mobs to drive out the hidden fanatics, and those damn witches too.

Factions and Goals
Spoiler: Village
● Normal Victory - Eliminate Fanatics, and the Plague Doctor.

● Great Victory - Eliminate Fanatics, the Coven, and the Plague Doctor.

● Ultimate Victory - Great Victory, + Doctor and Judge survive.

Coven
● Normal Victory - Eliminate the Fanatics, and outnumber the Village.

● Great Victory - Eliminate the Fanatics, Plague Doctor, and outnumber the Village + Banish the Demon.

● Ultimate Victory - Great Victory, + Convert at least two Village Girls + Doctor survives.

Fanatics
● Normal Victory - Eliminate the Coven, and the Village.

● Great Victory - Eliminate the Coven, the Village, and the Doctor.

● Ultimate Victory - Great Victory, + eliminate the Plague Doctor and Demon.

Neutrals
● Survive + Personal Goals.

Rules:
-If you are new to FM, generally use Guzame's Rules as a baseline. The following
rules below are all new and/or changed standard rules.
-Due to the complexity of the game, whispers have a major nerf. You get one whisper per day, however it can be as many characters as you like.
-In the result of a tie, the faction priority level is as follows. Demon>Plaguebearer>Coven>Fanatics>Village
-Flavor-text will be used for night results, day-posts, and night-posts. This will be part of an expanding story you create as you play.
-The three-tiered victories do serve a purpose, as they give you different flavor endings. The higher, the better the ending.
-Under no circumstance should you post the flavor-text, as it gives an unfair disadvantage to those who are lying. Instead simply say 'I am roleblocked' if you are roleblocked, rather than detailing the circumstances the night-result detailed.
-Village roles are discernible through their two categories. Puritan roles are unique, while Common roles possess more than one of them in the rolelist.
-Moderator posts will be written in colored font, to help distinguish them. This is already present in FM, but I don't think it's ever been written down in official rules.
-Do not say 'I am the Judge!' in bold. Read your friggin' rolecard to figure out how you reveal.
-Requesting a replacement just because you dislike the role you were given is prohibited. Purposely being inactive to be replaced is the same.
-If you are prodded, don't just post stating you're posting to avoid being prodded. Post something relevant to the discussion.
-Blackmailed players ARE able to send their Whisper now.
-Blackmailed players will only receive prods if they have not sent in their night or day action within the alotted time-span.

I think that's all? If I missed something, let me know down below! :D

Rolelist: (25 Players)
Spoiler: Judge
Priest
Reverend
Doom-Sayer
Doom Sayer
Beggar
Beggar
Recluse
Farmer
Villager
Villager
Villager
Village Girl
Village Girl
Village Girl
Village Girl

High Priestess
Hex Caster
Voodoo Master

Preacher
Witch-Hunter
Cultist

Doctor
Plague Doctor
Demon

Rolecards:
Village

Spoiler: Villager

You are a Villager.

Your alignment is Village Common.

You were a simple villager in a simple town. Then the witches appeared. Their terrible, unholy abilities frightened everyone in the town. You were just about ready to organize a lynching when the Fanatics tried to set the town on fire.
The rest of the town doesn't seem to like the Fanatics, but you think they're only doing what's necessary. If the town wouldn't hang you for trying, you would try and see if you could join them to get rid of these damn witches.

You have no special ability, but can be converted into a Fanatic by the Preacher.
Each day, you may vote on who to lynch.

Village Girl

You are a Village Girl.

You're just a young girl in an era of prejudice and sexism. When the Witches appeared, you didn't mind. They were nice, you thought.
But now everyone wants them gone. The bad men are mad at everyone for some reason. You don't know why.
Most nights you're scared. But some nights, a pretty lady appears at your window. She tells you everything is going to be alright. You don't understand how, but she makes you feel safe...

You have no special ability, but can be converted into a Witch by the Coven Leader.
Each day, you may vote on who to lynch.

Reverend

You are the Reverend.

Your alignment is Village Puritan.

You are a holy man, dedicated to serving God. When women began turning into witches, you feared not, and instead put your faith to God.
But soon, the town was split into factions when the Witches denied God and others took it too far. These so called 'holy men', nothing more than simple fanatics, have put your faith to the test. Now, each night you pray to God and try to bless someone's home, vowing to yourself to never take His word to such an extreme you become like them.

Each night, you may bless one player's house.
A blessed player is night-immune to both attacks and conversions for the night they are blessed on.
If a blessed player is Hexed in any way, the Hex will backfire on the user.
If you bless a Witch's house, you will be notified that they are a witch and the blessing will not take effect.

Priest

You are the Priest.

A holy man only second to the Reverend, you have differing beliefs on how to handle the Witch crisis.
When the witches arrived, he insisted that prayer would protect us. Even you knew that God was not that powerful.
If you were to survive Lucifer's attack, you would have to convert the Fanatics back to the light. To convince them that they're doing Satan's bidding, whether they know it or not.

Each night, you may visit one player's house.
If the player is a Fanatic, you convert them into a Villager.
If you visit the Preacher, he will counter-convert you into a Fanatic.

Judge

You are the Judge.

You were once the only source of judgment for this damned place. Until the Town began to tear itself apart, that is.
First with the Witches. You made sure your trials were fair and just, until the Fanatics came to town.
With the Town failing to listen to you and resorting to barbaric lynchings, you had to go into hiding. Until the time to reveal is right, that is.

At any time during the day, you may PM a moderator stating you wish to reveal.
If a lynch majority is reached that day, the lynch will be stopped in exchange for a ToS-esque Trial.
Once a Trial has began, your Guilty-Innocent ratio will be three votes for whichever you choose. You will also be publicly revealed as the Judge.
So long as you live after the initial revealing, Trials will replace Lynches.

Doom-Sayer

You are the Doom Sayer.

You've seen the signs. The constellations, the clouds, the dreams of distant smoke.
You've tried to tell them they're signs from Him, but none will listen. Not even
now that the witches have attacked. You're probably the most rational person left.
If they won't listen, you'll make them listen. You'll keep them safe. You'll keep them all safe.

Each night, you may choose to preach doom-sayings. You may do this up to three times.
Anyone who visits you during your preaching will be abducted and locked in your shack for the night.
If the Preacher visits you, he will disregard your preaching and kill you.
Abducted players are role-blocked but gain temporary night-immunity.

Beggar

You are the Beggar.

You used to get money here and there. Not much, but enough that you could eat for the night.
Then the Witches showed up. They made things worse. People hardly pay any attention to you anymore.
Now you're cold. Starving. Dying. You have to preach to their humanity somehow. And if you ever see one of those demons...

You'll kill it with your bare hands.

Each night, you may choose a player to beg from.
If your target is hypnotized, they will become un-hypnotized and it will backfire on the Voodoo Master.
If you un-hypnotize a player on their third night, the ensuing magic explosion will kill both you and the Voodoo Master.
If you try to beg from the High Priestess, you will charge at her in a race and she will be forced to obliterate you.

Farmer

You are the Farmer.

You enjoyed your simple life and simple job. You didn't have time to pay attention to the Witch crisis.
Then one night, you woke to the smell of smoke. Your crops, set ablaze along with the rest of the town.
Twenty years of work, ruined by a couple of nutjobs. You grip your rake harder as you grow angrier, and finally...

Snap.

Each night, you may choose a player to attack, killing them.
If you kill a member of the Village, you will hang yourself the following night out of regret.
If you successfully kill a member of the Coven, you will acquire a one-use bodyguard skill to use on anyone you choose.
You cannot attack a player N1, but you may use a free bodyguarding ability if you so choose.

Recluse

You are the Recluse.

Nobody's seen your face. They don't know who you are, what you are, or even what your gender is.
They would have accused you of being a witch long ago, if they didn't fear you so much.
You believe everyone should be able to live their own path, though. They shouldn't be forcefully converted into any ideology.
Maybe it's time to leave the house. It might be the perfect time to finally let go.

Each night, you may choose a player to survey, gaining their alignment.
If you survey a player being converted on the same night, you will convince them to convert back to their original alignment.
Players will not be notified if they are surveyed, except for the Voodoo Master.
You are immune on nights you choose not to survey on.
The Preacher and High Priestess show up with their alignment as Village when surveyed.

Coven

Spoiler: High Priestess

You are the High Priestess.

Your alignment is Coven Leader.

Your father was very strict when you still lived with him. One night, after you forgot to speak your prayers at supper, he tried to punish you.
Your mother, luckily, convinced him to put the willow branch down. Instead, he sent you to clear out the basement.
In the basement was an old page hidden beneath the boxes. A poem, you thought. In truth, it was an incantation.
After you brought magic to the women of Salem, your father went berserk. Not only did he kill your mother, but he set the town on fire.
You're going to make him pay, for every man, woman, and child who he endangered.

Each night, you may control a player to do your bidding.
If your target is a Village Girl, they are converted into a Hex Caster.
If three or more members (including yourself) of the Coven visit your target, they become a Voodoo Master instead.
If you control a Witch-Hunter, they will die from their blessed talisman activating.
You are immune at night.
You may communicate with the Coven at night.

Your allies are [x] the Hex Caster and [x] the Voodoo Master.

Hex Caster

You are the Hex Caster.

Your alignment is Coven Spellcaster.

You were once just a child, stuck in the midst of chaos and separation.
Then She came to you.
Now you've unlocked such power inside of you that you can hardly believe it. You'll curse them.
You'll curse them all.

Each night, you may Hex one player.
Hexing a player instills a random effect determined by an RNG,
If you Hex a blessed player, the Hex will backfire.

Your allies are [x] the Voodoo Master and [x] the High Priestess.

Voodoo Master

You are the Voodoo Master.

Your alignment is Coven Voodoo.

You and Dolly used to have fun good times. Then Daddy started hitting you. You didn't mind so long as Dolly as with you.
But one night, Daddy tore Dolly away from you. You started crying, crying so hard that the house started to shake.
Daddy wasn't happy when you did that. He lit a fire and threw Dolly in...
But Daddy started burning along with Dolly the more you cried...

Now you made Daddy into a new Dolly. Now you'll make sure no one takes Dolly away ever again.

Each night, you Hypnotize a player, roleblocking them.
If you Hypnotize a player twice in a row, your magic will strengthen, preventing them from speaking.
If you Hypnotize a player three times in a row, they become a new Voodoo Doll, killing them.

Your allies are [x] the Hex Caster and [x] the HIgh Priestess.

Fanatics
Spoiler: Preacher

You are the Preacher.

Your alignment is Fanatic Leader.

You were once the village Bishop. Your daughter disobeyed the Lord's word constantly, and you knew he
would surely smite her or send her to hell if she kept up with her obtuse attitude. She had to learn somehow.
So you beat her with a willow branch anytime she disbehaved. Her foolish mother convinced you to not punish her one night.
And the next day, she had already summoned the powers of Satan herself. Her mother foolishly jumped in front of your attack, killing her.
Then when other demons began possessing the girls, you knew this was no longer your daughter. You set the town ablaze, to rid the demons and purify the lands.

But it didn't work. God must wish for you to rid of them manually, some sort of test to his loyalty. Yes, you will do just that...

Each night, you may hunt down and witch-test a player, undoubtedly killing them.
If you attempt to kill a Villager, you will instead convert them into a Witch-Hunter.
If three or more (including yourself) fanatics visit a Villager, they will become a Cultist instead.
If you visit an abducting Doom-Sayer, you will disregard his preaching and kill him.
You may communicate with the Fanatics at night.

Your allies are [x] the Witch-Hunter and [x] the Cultist.

Witch Hunter

You are the Witch Hunter.

Your alignment is Fanatic Offense.

The village of Salem is full of dread and fright. That's where you come in.
Ever since you were converted, you've found excitement not in the deception, but in the hunt.
Who would have thought that the Lord's fallen would make the best prey?

Each night, you may slip a village girl's urine into your target's breakfast.
If your target is a witch, they will burn up and die.
if your target is anything else, they will become Ill for the night and be roleblocked.
However, if you are ever controlled, you will burn up and explode due to blessed talisman adorning your clothing.

Your allies are [x] the Cultist and [x] the Preacher

Cultist

You are the Cultist.

Your alignment is Fanatic Defense.

The Preacher's words truly spoke to you. While some believe him to be just and right in his endeavor, you know the truth.
He is not a prophet or a truth-speaker, but rather a god in-carnate.
While the Preacher hardly tolerates your non-puritan beliefs, you've proven yourself... more than capable, of assisting their cause.
You set off one last prayer before you set out to join the village, praying that one day... you and him shall become one.

Each night, you may organize a mass-suicide. If at least three players visit you that night, you will mass-suicide and kill them all.
You may do this only twice.
You cannot survive a mass-suicide.
If a player visits you during your mass-suicide but you lack the required amount of people, you will roleblock them instead.
At any time, you may end the day early at the cost of committing suicide.

Your allies are [x] the Witch-Hunter and [x] the Preacher

Neutrals

Spoiler: Doctor

You are the Doctor.

Your alignment is Medicinal.

You were the one source of guidance for the paranoid and quick-to-accuse Village once.
But when the Witches came, even you were stumped. Their condition had no actual, well, medical explanation for it.
As soon as word got out that it didn't appear to be something medically explainable, the village was quick to sweep you out of the way in favor for lynching.
The Fanatics just made it all worse. Now all you want to do is have a lynch-free environment to study these girls' and their condition.

Each night, you may heal someone. If your target is attacked or Ill, you will heal them.
Once per game, you may self-heal an attack upon yourself and cure yourself from illness.
Your heal can bypass even a third-night hypnotization kill.
If Ill, you will be notified.

Normal Victory: Fanatics + Plague Doctor eliminated.

Great Victory: Normal Victory + Village wins

Ultimate Victory Great Victory + At least one Village Girl remaining to study.

Plague Doctor

You are the Plague Doctor.

Your alignment is Plaguebearing.

CURE THE SICK HEAL THE SICK CURE THE SICK HEAL THE SICK CURE THE SICK HEAL THE SICK
CURE THE SICK HEAL THE SICK CURE THE SICK HEAL THE SICK CURE THE SICK HEAL THE SICK
CURE THE SICK..
CURE...
CURE THEM ALL.

Each night, you may infect someone with a contagious virus.
An infected player will become Ill, roleblocking them twice before killing them.
You are immune to infection.
You are immune at night.

Normal Victory: Village + Doctor eliminated.

Great Victory: Normal Victory + Fanatics & Demon eliminated.

Ultimate Victory: Great Victory + Coven eliminated.

Demon

You are the Demon.

Your alignment is Demonic.

Look at those fools scurrying about. So caught up on 'witchcraft' to realize there's an actual demon in their presence.
So many juicy souls to devour...
I wonder who I should eat first?

Each night, you may attack and eat a player's soul, killing them.
Eating a player's soul gives you their night-action and attributes.
You may choose to abandon a soul to devour a new one, but doing-so takes up your night action.
If you are killed through hypnotization, you are 'banished' and lose the game.
You are immune to infection.
You are immune at night.

Normal Victory: Avoid being banished, and devour three souls.

Great Victory: Normal Victory + Coven eliminated.

Ultimate Victory: Great Victory + Never kill an innocent. (Villager/Village Girl)

Hexes:
Hexes can do one of four effects, decided via RNG.
Roleblocking
Blackmailing
New, random target.
Inability to send their whisper.

As you can tell, some are more favorable than others. The inability to send a whisper is probably the least favorable, but can be useful at times.

Inspiration:
My main inspiration for Congregation stems from theCow's Pathogenesis CFM. It was a spectacular game and I loved every minute of it. However, I noticed that the zombie conversion aspect of it worked better on paper than in play for numerous reasons. So I wondered how it'd be like if it had a more conversion-oriented game rather than, well, killing oriented.

This originally started off as a shameless copy of Pathogenesis, but I felt bad for basically theming an already-made CFM game, when I could easily make a simpler themed game. So that's how my Witch-Fanatic-Village conversion battle concept turned up.

And before you go 'OGM SWED DIS STIL LOK A LOT LIKE PATHOGENESIS', relax. I asked theCow and he said it was okay for me to use the basic pitch format and conversion idea. So don't be calling me a no-good thief! :evil:
Last edited by SwedishLemon on Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:05 pm, edited 14 times in total.
When the sun sets here, there is no light.
When it rises, it all shines bright.
It feels monotonous. Monochrome.
Black and white.

This world is heaven.
But also hell.
For what does a Swedish Lemon do
When trapped in a padded cell?
SwedishLemon
[Forum Mafia VI] Winner
[Forum Mafia VI] Winner

Re: Congregation: The Coven Rises

Postby SwedishLemon » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:25 am

Q&A:

EDIT: Updated! :D

Spoiler:
Q: If the High Priestess or Preacher are lynched, what happens? Do they all lose, just like that?

A: Nope! The second highest ranked member of that faction (Usually the Cultist or Voodoo Master, if they haven't been lynched already) becomes the new Preacher/High Priestess. And if there are more than one, then it's decided by who was converted first. I.E, if the Voodoo Master who was assigned the role at the start is still alive when the High Priestess is lynched, then obviously they become the new High Priestess instead of the Voodoo Master converted super recently.

Q: If the Demon eats three souls and isn't banished and THEN gets killed by the Cultist's mass-suicide, does he still win?

A: Yes! The Demon would only lose if he's BANISHED the same time as he's mass-suicided, or banished without a mass-suicide after devouring three souls. Pretty much only banishment can make him lose once he's achieved the devouring requirements. But don't worry, the Demon's Normal Victory doesn't automatically cause anyone to lose, it just makes him win.

Q: Will you be notified if you are ill?

A: Nope! You'll only be notified of your roleblocking for two nights, and finally your death. :twisted:

Q: Will flavor-text interfere with the Plague Doctor and Doom-Sayer's roleblocking?

A: Not at all! I already have some flavor text in mind which both keeps the circumstances of the roleblocking ambiguous while at the same time not removing any possibility of a Hex, an Illness, OR the Doom-Sayer! :)

Q: Why is there a single extra village girl, but not a villager?

A: I didn't want a 24 player game, for one. And for two, the Coven has to wait THREE NIGHTS with the Voodoo Master just to kill someone. The Coven is not a faction focused on killing, so giving them the one extra POSSIBLE (Because they still have to convert that extra village girl, and she can be killed anyways) number I felt made up for their general inability to kill. The Fanatics, on the other hand, possess a far more capable killing role in the form of the Preacher.

Q: Why does the Village not need to kill the Demon for any of their victories?

A: Because the Village shouldn't HAVE to kill the Demon to win. While it's still recommended they do, as the Demon has to devour three soulsto win even his normal victory, and he may wish to devour more if the ability gained was undesirable.

Q: Can the Demon be converted if he devoured a Villager/Village Girl?

A: Of course! Devouring a soul gives you both their ability and attributes. Therefore, the Demon will lose his night-immunity and gain an attribute to be able to be converted if he devoured an innocent. Luckily for him, though, the Recluse could unconvert them if they're lucky. And before you ask, yes, if a Demon is converted into a Fanatic and then back into a Villager by the Priest, he loses his Demon role altogether.

Q: How does infection work?

A: Here's an example. Player 1 is infected by the Plague Bearer, and visits Player 2. Player 1 is informed they are roleblocked, and Player 2 is infected from the actionless visit. The following night, Player 1 is informed they are roleblocked for the second time and Player 1 is informed they are roleblocked for the first. The next night, Player 1 dies, and Player 2 is informed of their roleblocking for the second night.

Q: How exactly does the Farmer's bodyguard power work?

A: Obviously, it defends against attacks, killing both the Farmer and the Attacker, and sparing the target. However, it does the same for conversions, the Bodyguard fighting off and killing the opponent before dying of their wounds.

Q: What are hexes, and what do they do?

A: A Hex is a negative curse or spell cast upon a player by the Hex Caster. It can do one of four effects decided via RNG, including roleblocking, blackmailing, targetting a random non-witch player decided via RNG, or the inability to whisper the following day. A hex only lasts the night it is cast on, its effects carrying on to the following day but no longer than that.

Q: Is the Reverend able to find the High Priestess?

A: Yes. She is not hidden from the Reverend's ability, only the Recluse's.
Q: Will Blackmailing cause people to request a replacement, or become inactive?

A: While I do see your point, and I feel that this is the reason FM lacks the Blackmailer, keep in mind that only two possible players can be blackmailed at a time.

The Voodoo Master may only blackmail someone on their second night of hypnotization. This is to make the player aware of their impending doom, and at the same time make them unable to warn someone without wasting their whisper and ending up whispering a scum ACTING trust-worthy.

The Hex Caster's blackmail hex has a 1/4 chance to be used, just as every other hex. So again, the Hex Caster is unlikely to roll a Blackmail hex each time. Even with four Hex Casters, it's unlikely more than one will roll a Blackmail Hex.

An experienced FM player, which CFM games are primarily targeted toward, will take important note of how people react to their 'inactivity', and could easily scribble it down in their will.

Q: How long does a trial defense last?

A: A trial defense lasts until the defendant makes a defense, or until 24 hours after the majority has been reached while the Judge is still alive.
Last edited by SwedishLemon on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Black and white.

This world is heaven.
But also hell.
SwedishLemon
[Forum Mafia VI] Winner
[Forum Mafia VI] Winner

Postby Santa07 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:20 am

Hmm this reminds me of something... ;)

But anyways, I will comment more later.
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby LeScraf » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:25 am

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Use it.

I love this idea, though.
LeScraf
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby brainothon » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:18 am

Only problem I have with this is the blackmailing part that is just going to cause the game to become inactive and die...
Also people aren't really going to enjoy playing a game where they don't get to play or do anything for 5 days or however long the day is.
I will put something here eventually, and when I do BAM! Mindblown
ImageImageImageImage
brainothon
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby SwedishLemon » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:27 pm

brainothon wrote:Only problem I have with this is the blackmailing part that is just going to cause the game to become inactive and die...
Also people aren't really going to enjoy playing a game where they don't get to play or do anything for 5 days or however long the day is.

While I do see your point, and I feel that this is the reason FM lacks the Blackmailer, keep in mind that only two possible players can be blackmailed at a time.

The Voodoo Master may only blackmail someone on their second night of hypnotization. This is to make the player aware of their impending doom, and at the same time make them unable to warn someone without wasting their whisper and ending up whispering a scum ACTING trust-worthy.

The Hex Caster's blackmail hex has a 1/4 chance to be used, just as every other hex. So again, the Hex Caster is unlikely to roll a Blackmail hex each time. Even with four Hex Casters, it's unlikely more than one will roll a Blackmail Hex.
Black and white.

This world is heaven.
But also hell.
SwedishLemon
[Forum Mafia VI] Winner
[Forum Mafia VI] Winner

Postby hippophant » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:49 pm

I like it.
ImageImage
hippophant
In memory of...
In memory of...

Postby brainothon » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:47 pm

SwedishLemon wrote:
brainothon wrote:Only problem I have with this is the blackmailing part that is just going to cause the game to become inactive and die...

While I do see your point, and I feel that this is the reason FM lacks the Blackmailer, keep in mind that only two possible players can be blackmailed at a time.

Even so being a person who got blackmailed would kind of ruin the game for them since they would basically become stopped from doing anything in the game for five? real life days or until the lynch.
ImageImageImageImage
brainothon
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby SwedishLemon » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:51 pm

brainothon wrote:
SwedishLemon wrote:

Even so being a person who got blackmailed would kind of ruin the game for them since they would basically become stopped from doing anything in the game for five? real life days or until the lynch.

I suppose it'd be annoying, but not necessarily 'game-ruining'. I'd be happy to alter the mechanics if you had something better in mind?
Black and white.

This world is heaven.
But also hell.
SwedishLemon
[Forum Mafia VI] Winner
[Forum Mafia VI] Winner

Postby brainothon » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:03 pm

SwedishLemon wrote:
brainothon wrote:
SwedishLemon wrote:

I suppose it'd be annoying, but not necessarily 'game-ruining'. I'd be happy to alter the mechanics if you had something better in mind?

Maybe change the Hex Caster's hex to all other actions on the target fail (Except maybe killing) and the Voodoo Master to a form of witching + no whisper.
ImageImageImageImage
brainothon
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby SwedishLemon » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:12 pm

Brainothon wrote:Maybe change the Hex Caster's hex to all other actions on the target fail (Except maybe killing) and the Voodoo Master to a form of witching + no whisper.

That doesn't quite have the desired effect. It makes the Voodoo Master a stronger form of High Priestess, which eliminates the point of the High Priestess being the godfather-like role for the Coven.

As for the Hex Caster, I'd be interested in it if you elaborated a little more. Why I'm confused is because if you try to hex someone and roll THAT hex at the same time as they are being blessed, who takes priority? In my current setup, the Reverend takes the priority because there is no hex that stuns other actions to a degree like that.
Black and white.

This world is heaven.
But also hell.
SwedishLemon
[Forum Mafia VI] Winner
[Forum Mafia VI] Winner

Postby SwedishLemon » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:09 pm

Both Cow and Santa and Metrion all said they'd comment and vote on this later, but they never did... and it's been months since I made the pitch. :cry:
Black and white.

This world is heaven.
But also hell.
SwedishLemon
[Forum Mafia VI] Winner
[Forum Mafia VI] Winner

Postby SwedishLemon » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:23 pm

Can someone close this pitch? I've made a new one, so...
Black and white.

This world is heaven.
But also hell.
SwedishLemon
[Forum Mafia VI] Winner
[Forum Mafia VI] Winner

Return to FM Trash