Forum Emblem (100% Complete) (Proceeding!)

Canned threads go here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Do you like this pitch?

Yes
84%
No
16%

Total votes : 32

Re: Forum Emblem (Updated - Rolecards)

Postby 8thPrince » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:55 pm

This sounds really interesting, I'm reading through the rolecards right now. I'd like to take a more critical look at the pitch later, but just glancing over it, it seems good.
Favorite Roles: Mayor, Spy, Vigilante, Consigiliere, Consort, Executioner, Witch
8thPrince
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Santa07 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:16 pm

pretzellover33 wrote:I think it's way too confusing.

Promotions on top of New Roles on top of renamed roles on top of no whispers.

I think it would be a little confusing at first but they'd get used to it. The promotions probably the biggest confusing bit. But it would require thinking and thinking is good riiiight?
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby Metrion » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:10 pm

DevilAngelWolf27 wrote:Mages: In features it says that a spell that you prepare activates that night, but in RC it says that it activates the following night (which makes me think not that night but the next, but that might just be me). Plus with mages, I don't really understand the difference between Dark Mages and regular Mages.

The Mage selects their target during the day and that night they carry it out. So if they selected someone D2, the spell would be fired off N2 if they wished to continue.

Dark is a prefix for Mages and Mage Knights and it is also unique, so only one Dark Mage/Dark Knight/Sorcerer can be in play if rolled. It basically negates guilt for Mages and Mage Knights (they do lose the ability to cast still) and allows a Mage to become a Sorcerer via promotion.
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator

Re: Forum Emblem (95% Complete)

Postby 8thPrince » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:11 pm

This is really creative. I'd like to play it, especially as a Army role, there are a lot of interesting twists on the roles there. I do agree that 25 might be too many players, but it won't stop me form voting yes.
Favorite Roles: Mayor, Spy, Vigilante, Consigiliere, Consort, Executioner, Witch
8thPrince
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Forum Emblem (95% Complete)

Postby Metrion » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:36 pm

I helped out with the rolelist.

With increasing it to 25 it allowed the Mafia to gain another Follower and get a set of roles that is very balanced from the start. The main reason though had to be to give the town a bigger cushion, with more weaker roles at the start (especially with ones that provide great cover for scum) than usual adding a few more to balance it out seems fair. Neutrals have remained untouched from a standard 20 setup.
Metrion

Postby DevilAngelWolf27 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:00 pm

Metrion wrote:
DevilAngelWolf27 wrote:Mages: In features it says that a spell that you prepare activates that night, but in RC it says that it activates the following night (which makes me think not that night but the next, but that might just be me). Plus with mages, I don't really understand the difference between Dark Mages and regular Mages.

The Mage selects their target during the day and that night they carry it out. So if they selected someone D2, the spell would be fired off N2 if they wished to continue.

Dark is a prefix for Mages and Mage Knights and it is also unique, so only one Dark Mage/Dark Knight/Sorcerer can be in play if rolled. It basically negates guilt for Mages and Mage Knights (they do lose the ability to cast still) and allows a Mage to become a Sorcerer via promotion.

Ahh okay, thank you ^-^
/\
/\ /\
DevilAngelWolf27
Spy
Spy

Previous

Return to FM Trash