Do you like this pitch?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes : 15

The first soldiers in Salem...

Postby DemonSlayerElf » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:39 pm

The mafia has taken over the town. The government doesn't trust the townspeople anymore. They've supplied the mafia, both personally and financially. Military has been dispatched in Salem. They are to defend the walls and kill the mafia.

The military put up giant walls around the town. No one's going in or out, and after one day, things have already gone to shit. We can't live like this, don't they know that? We live in America! We are promised FREEDOM! Nobody cares the mafia took over the city. Things had definitely gotten worse with the Don controlling things, but it hadn't changed much. With these walls everything is ruined. If you can you want them all to die, but you'll let the military live, if they take down the walls, that is.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alright soldiers, this is the first act of true rebellion in years, we need you to deal with it. We've walled off the city, so they can't spread, it also means the civilians can't escape. You are to go in, eliminate the mafia, and bring the town back to American control. Find them, kill them, and fix Salem for the civilians. We salute you, soldiers, and you'll go down as heroes in history. Your last message from the president. This was 2 days ago. Your fight begins.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The military is in, and they've separated the city from America. They want to kill us all, oh well, it's them or us. Nothing new, family, hide in the shadows, take them out. So the Don says, but I want out. The walls need to go down, and if we kill the soldiers, i guess they will go down. Well then, like he said, it's them, or us.

Factions:
Town
Military
Mafia
Neutral

20 players
Role List:
Town
Jailor
Lookout
Random Town
Random Town
Random(Investigative)
Random(Protective)
Random(Killing)
Random(Support)
Random(Support)
Military
Recruit
Recruit
Mafia
Godfather
Mafia(Support)
Mafia(Deception)
Mafioso
Neutral
Bomber
Neutral(Evil)
Neutral(Benign)
Random Neutral

Any

Change to Bomber role:
Bomber can also target itself to bomb the wall. The wall will be destroyed after 10 days or
the military calls an airstrike that hits anyone that died the night it was called.
Everyone except the Bomber and Mafia lose, because townies had no protection from it
and the military had to protect the walls. This, however, can be detected if any lookout uses
it's ability on the night it is planted, or any 3 nights before it blows up.

Military Roles in Detail:

Recruit
Spoiler: Abbreviation:Rec
Alignment:Military(Killing)
Ability:kill one person, depending on who they are, you change to another role.
The way a recruit changes is like this:
If you shoot a Mafia member, and kill them(not night immune), you are given a better weapon(you become a Lieutenant).
If you shoot a Townie, you are untrusted, and are put on the scout team(become a scouter)
If you shoot a Neutral(Evil), you are an acclaimed holy man, and are put into a special holy division(you become a Templar).
If you shoot a Neutral(Benign), you shot a target off the job, and are being rewarded for it(you become a spec-op).
If you shoot a night immune target, you have bad aim, and are given a scope to compensate.(you become a Sniper).
If you shoot a night immune target whose immunity was removed, you are gifted, and get promoted heavily.(you become an flamer)
If you shoot an ally(most likely by possession), you are shot for treason(all other Military are role blocked and you are killed).
Attributes: nothing special
Goal:protect the town
When investigated:owns guns

Lieutenant
Spoiler: Abbreviation:Liu
Ability:kill one person each night OR go on watch(like the vet).
If you shoot another evil role, you get promoted(change class to Commander)
Attributes:nothing special
Goal: save the town
When investigated:owns guns

Commander
Spoiler: Abbreviation:Com
Alignment:Military(Command)
Ability:kill one person at night OR go on watch(like the vet)
If you shoot another evil role, become the only general, if multiple commanders so this, only one will randomly become general.
Attributes:night immunity
When investigated:works with weapons

General
Spoiler: Abbreviation:Gen
Alignment:Military(Command)
Ability:kill one person at night OR go on watch(like the vet) AND is able to call in a air strike
that can do 2 different things. If it hits an enemy, it kills them, regardless of night immunity
or anything else. If it hits an ally or townie, they appear to die, but actually survive. Their name
disappears from the graveyard the next day. Neutral(evil) and (killing) are enemies, while
Neutral(benign) counts as an ally.
Attributes:night immunity
When investigated:leader among men
Notes: may be overpowered, but it is a unique role

Scouter
Spoiler: Abbreviation:sco
Alignment:Military(Support)
Ability:kill one person each night OR check someone's role(like the investigator, not concierge, with an interface similar to the witch, the left being kill, the right being investigate)
Attributes:nothing special
When investigated:gathers info

Templar
Spoiler: Abbreviation:tem
Ability:kill someone at night
Attributes: cannot be possessed
Goal: protect the town
When investigated:seeks justice

Spec-op
Spoiler: Abbreviation:ops
Ability:kill someone at night
Attributes:night immune
When investigated:works with secret info

Sniper
Spoiler: Abbreviation:snip
Ability:kill someone at night, if target is night immune, they lose their immunity
Attributes: nothing special
When investigated:works with weapons

Flamer
Spoiler: Abbreviation: flame
Alignment:Military(killing)
Ability: burn someone every other night, cannot be jailed or roleblocked
Attributes: none
When investigated: smells of gas
Last edited by DemonSlayerElf on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Spoiler:

DemonSlayerElf
Investigator
Investigator

Re: The first soldiers in Salem...

Postby DemonSlayerElf » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:41 pm

you might think this is unfair to the military, but they can get really strong really quick. With every kill that isn't a townie they get much stronger.
Spoiler:

DemonSlayerElf
Investigator
Investigator

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:42 pm

I personally like town roles to be more random. And I noticed that you didn't put in any Citizens as well.
Spoiler: Image

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby DemonSlayerElf » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:23 pm

chitownmvp01 wrote:I personally like town roles to be more random. And I noticed that you didn't put in any Citizens as well.

i figured, based on the story, that any normal citizens would get got by the mafia, recruited or killed, whatever. I added less random roles because those were the guys who wouldn't give in to the mafia. I'll make it a bit more random though
Spoiler:

DemonSlayerElf
Investigator
Investigator

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:26 pm

DemonSlayerElf wrote:
chitownmvp01 wrote:I personally like town roles to be more random. And I noticed that you didn't put in any Citizens as well.

i figured, based on the story, that any normal citizens would get got by the mafia, recruited or killed, whatever. I added less random roles because those were the guys who wouldn't give in to the mafia. I'll make it a bit more random though

I would take out one of the investigatives. Three set investigatives is too many in my opinion. It's up to you which one you want to take out if you choose to listen to this suggestion.

Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby DemonSlayerElf » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:35 pm

chitownmvp01 wrote:
DemonSlayerElf wrote:

I would take out one of the investigatives. Three set investigatives is too many in my opinion. It's up to you which one you want to take out if you choose to listen to this suggestion.

point taken... i guess i can take out the sheriff, but if you noticed the bomber role change then you know the lookout is necessary
Spoiler:

DemonSlayerElf
Investigator
Investigator

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:36 pm

Definitely. I agree with the Lookout still being on the role list.

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby TheCow » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:21 pm

What's the story behind that confirmed Jailor?
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby DemonSlayerElf » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:30 pm

TheCow wrote:What's the story behind that confirmed Jailor?

2 answers:
1: he locked himself in the jail, and gave the incorruptible sheriff the key, and was unlocked when military rolled through.
2: if that doesn't make sense, do you really think people will believe it is fair if i don't include him?
Spoiler:

DemonSlayerElf
Investigator
Investigator

Postby brainothon » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:48 pm

DemonSlayerElf wrote:

2 answers:
1: he locked himself in the jail, and gave the incorruptible sheriff the key, and was unlocked when military rolled through.
2: if that doesn't make sense, do you really think people will believe it is fair if i don't include him?

1) Yes the sheriff just happens to "Miss" finding out who the mob boss is or the person with voodoo dolls are or the person with tanks of gas in their garage If you couldn't guess I'm hinting at that he is corrupt
2) This isn't normal ToS people don't need a confirmed town power to survive also by the power of RNG there is probably just gonna be a town power coming out of a random town.

Also regarding the bomber you say that if the wall is destroyed the mafia and military are the only ones that lose, if thats the case wouldn't the lookout want to help the bomber survive since then they win with him...
I will put something here eventually, and when I do BAM! Mindblown
ImageImageImageImage
brainothon
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby DemonSlayerElf » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:10 pm

brainothon wrote:
DemonSlayerElf wrote:

2 answers:

1) Yes the sheriff just happens to "Miss" finding out who the mob boss is or the person with voodoo dolls are or the person with tanks of gas in their garage If you couldn't guess I'm hinting at that he is corrupt
2) This isn't normal ToS people don't need a confirmed town power to survive also by the power of RNG there is probably just gonna be a town power coming out of a random town.

Also regarding the bomber you say that if the wall is destroyed the mafia and military are the only ones that lose, if thats the case wouldn't the lookout want to help the bomber survive since then they win with him...

It IS still a bomber who infiltrated the town, who is probably going to blow everyone up if there is a sequel.
And there is NO SHERIFF anymore. I changed it rememeber, even though one is going to be probably there.
Spoiler:

DemonSlayerElf
Investigator
Investigator

Postby DemonSlayerElf » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:13 pm

and the sheriff locked himself in the next cell over, i should probably mention that...
Spoiler:

DemonSlayerElf
Investigator
Investigator

Postby DemonSlayerElf » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:24 pm

I fixed the weird logic with the walls blowing up, so i think the rest makes sense
Spoiler:

DemonSlayerElf
Investigator
Investigator

Postby iggyvolz » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:28 pm

Poll added.
Greatest failures/shitshows:
iggyvolz
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby DemonSlayerElf » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:34 pm

iggyvolz wrote:Poll added.

thank you!
Spoiler:

DemonSlayerElf
Investigator
Investigator

Postby DemonSlayerElf » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:13 pm

Am i allowed to ask why people don't like it, for future reference and maybe to fix?
Spoiler:

DemonSlayerElf
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Santa07 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:35 pm

Just wondering, have you played any games of FM before, on these forums?
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby DemonSlayerElf » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:42 pm

Santa07 wrote:Just wondering, have you played any games of FM before, on these forums?

no, but aren't i allowed to use the actual game's common sense?
Spoiler:

DemonSlayerElf
Investigator
Investigator

Postby TheCow » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:43 pm

Having previously played a game is all but a requirement.
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby DemonSlayerElf » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:45 pm

my friends have, and they help me... doesn't that count(especially since a couple have won a game or 2)
Spoiler:

DemonSlayerElf
Investigator
Investigator

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:47 pm

DemonSlayerElf wrote:my friends have, and they help me... doesn't that count(especially since a couple have won a game or 2)

Who are they? I'm just curious. And I highly recommend that you join next game.

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby DemonSlayerElf » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:50 pm

chitownmvp01 wrote:
DemonSlayerElf wrote:my friends have, and they help me... doesn't that count(especially since a couple have won a game or 2)

Who are they? I'm just curious. And I highly recommend that you join next game.

Ciara and Boomlay sometimes, i ask a few others on occasion, but those two mainly.
Toxinfrog and a few others in the order of creation also help, not sure if they've played though.

And also, unless it is a short game, i don't really have time for it. When Summer hits i'll try, but i can't now
Spoiler:

DemonSlayerElf
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Santa07 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:52 pm

I recommend playing a game before hosting
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:53 pm

Santa07 wrote:I recommend playing a game before hosting

That should be a recommendation for everybody.

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby DemonSlayerElf » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:56 pm

Santa07 wrote:I recommend playing a game before hosting

eh, i mostly want to do this because i have 100+ roles that i want to see if they would be good in-game.
Besides, i know the basics and the rules pretty well, but this really isn't what i wanted to talk about when i asked this:
DemonSlayerElf wrote:Am i allowed to ask why people don't like it, for future reference and maybe to fix?

i meant things with the roles, or the story, or whatever

i probably need to, though, and i plan to try when i have time, but until then...
Spoiler:

DemonSlayerElf
Investigator
Investigator

Return to FM Trash