Do you want this to be a game?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes : 34

Re: FM Player Roles Game

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:05 pm

Well, again, on the note of all 33 roles being used- what's the issue? Even an early Mayor reveal has serious issues. You have an Agent and Stalker right there waiting to punish that, and only 3 people in the Town who need to delegate the importance of protecting the Mayor. Even if a claim happens, there's going to be a massively overwhelming amount of scum claims.

I'm not immediately concerned about a mass role claim happening in this game. I think all three alignments have their own advantages and serious issues by the role list envisioned here for it to be balanced.

Also, just my PoV advice: I think Town's strength in this game won't be their whispers. But rather, it will be their Investigative roles, at least, at first.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town

Postby Metrion » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:46 pm

Uh, Rick. Scum is going to be slaughtered by the Roleclaim, that one role guarentee makes Vigilante and Jailor extremely effective in making scum pay. Transporter is just going to whisk the Mayor to safety so Stalker is a joke, the only threat is an Agent and that can be overcome since there will be so many confirmed townies after the claim because scum cannot aimply claim them all.

Seriously though the roleclaim is going to hit hard and while a Mafia would have an easier time since they can co-ordenate Neutral Killings are going to be screwed hard.
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator

Postby LordofFail » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:50 pm

why exactly are you two arguing about the proposed role list? it is a standard 20 player role list of 11 town, 5 mafia, 4 neutrals and an any...

nothing wrong with it imo :|
"The Hardest Game to Win is a Won Game"

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Metrion » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:55 pm

leyva45 wrote:Okay, here it is
33 player game.
Players loose access from the forum instead of dieing
Will use who's who results
Players will not not know who disappeared but their player role.

C'mon, son.

It's on the table to have 1 of every single role.
Metrion

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:00 pm

LordofFail wrote:why exactly are you two arguing about the proposed role list? it is a standard 20 player role list of 11 town, 5 mafia, 4 neutrals and an any...

nothing wrong with it imo :|

Because here is the new list:

leyva45 wrote:Okay, here it is
33 player game. (Because 33 roles.)
Players loose access from the forum instead of dieing
Will use who's who results
Players will not not know who disappeared but their player role.

And I'm saying that there's nothing wrong with it. And Metrion, I still think you're oversimplifying.

There's a good chance that in the event of a Day 2 role claim, that you don't have a single faction, including the Town Powers, going uncontested. And there's also a good shot that if the Mayor reveals on Day 2, that other vital town members die while they try their best to to protect the Mayor at the expense of these members. A lot of people are going to start dying, especially around Day 4.

I think this will be the first game that Town wants to play as though they're running a marathon, because there are just too many Scum to try to tackle them all at once. 8 Mafia, and at least 6 (probably closer to 8) of the neutrals are going to lie to that Mayor. And with only one Citizen on the board, I'm doubting that they're all going to claim Citizen.

Trust me- the Town CANNOT organize itself starting on Day 2 long enough before massive targeted bloodshed starts breaking loose. I think they need to try more of a stealthy approach this game, or else they just won't be allowed to live for very long once the Mafia and NKs start slaughtering the Town's defenses.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Rickdaily12

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:01 pm

This is also assuming that a Day 2 role claim to a Mayor stops a Town mislynch. If that ever happened, yikes.

I don't think Scum are as hopeless this game as you're making it sound.

Rickdaily12

Postby chitownmvp01 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:04 pm

Based on both Metrion's and Rick's opinion on whether scum is screwed or not: my opinion is in between.

With the current role list, I expect it to either be a. hard to lie or b. lots of Citizen claims. Since there can only be 1 of each role, they can be caught by the Investigatives very quickly. That is why the Agent can be extremely vital for the Mafia, so they can know who to kill right away.

I can see this game resulting in 2 ways: 1. Town domination, 2. Very close, down to the wire game, 3. If the Mafia is very smart, they can win. Consig and Agent are very important.

However, when I first read about this game, I was expecting it to have 25 players, with Randoms, but with an increased amount of unique roles.
Spoiler: Image

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:16 pm

Well, actually, Metrion and I were talking this over in Skype. The key question here is, what happens if Town tries to force an early roleclaim?

And I think we're at least on the same page about chaos breaking all loose, but where I stand is that when we have 33 players, most of whom are not Town, yet some of whom can win with a very strong Town, that it probably wouldn't be in the best interests of ANY one faction to just dump all their cards on one table. If the Mafia immediately starting trying to command the Neutrals to lynch someone in particular, or if the Town tried to just immediately start trying to command the lynch, with the power the Neutrals wield with these two factions, things would end ugly for one side or the other.

There are a lot of people that have to die before a group wins this game, and since it is going to run long, this ends up being a good thing for the time-based Neutral Killing roles, because the longer they have, the more of a threat they pose.

Basically, everyone, Town included, should be playing a stealth game, is my player-based thoughts on this game. The time to reveal everything for one alignment probably won't be Day 2, but closer to Day 5 or 6. If you draw the attention of enemy forces too soon, they will kill your friends at night.

I still think the current adjusted plan on the table is fine for balance, with this all in mind.

Rickdaily12

Postby Finn » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:21 pm

sad when all the roles u have ever been are taken and u cry

Aeolian wrote:i legitimately would give all of my limbs to see you suffer for the rest of your life
Finn
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby TheCow » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:31 pm

In my opinion, the biggest players in the game will be as follow:
  • Transporter
  • Stalker
  • Bomber
  • Jester
  • Executioner
  • Town Power
  • Arso
  • Witch
  • Godfather
For reasons seen in Rainbow, the fact they offer very versatile abilities, or because they are simply more powerful roles. Because of the large number of players, it would probably be in the Mafia's interest to NOT wipe out the NKs early on, which could create some interesting interactions between the factions.
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Also, just for the spirit of the theme, I think we should play around with colors for a bit.

This color code could be the code we use for Trusted Users. (Town)
This one can be for the Administrators. (Mafia)

And the rest of here gets fun, so just bare with me. The Neutrals:

Spoiler: Neutral Benign = The AdBots (or something more clever later...)
Neutral Evil = The Global Moderators
Neutral Killing = The Hackers

The names of the roles would still be the same (each username), but would it be cool if we tried to keep color themes of the Forums consistent like so?

Rickdaily12

Postby Santa07 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:30 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:Also, just for the spirit of the theme, I think we should play around with colors for a bit.

The names of the roles would still be the same (each username), but would it be cool if we tried to keep color themes of the Forums consistent like so?

that would be cool. including the adbots :lol:
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby datdownie » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:32 pm

Funny thing is... I'm trying to become a Doc IRL so add me as Doc!

"Determination, the ability to move forward despite any possible hardship, the promise to return for a second chance no matter how much you're beaten and bloody. The power of Determination has sculpted legends for all of humanity, impossible feats, one in a million shots made like they're nothing, while those that pull them off stand alone."

If you want to find me, hop onto Board Game Online <3

Discord: Downie#0904
datdownie
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby LeScraf » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:07 pm

I think I should be stalker, considering I'm the one that got the first kill as that role.
LeScraf
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Santa07 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:14 pm

Just to everyone: the stuff on the OP is being changed when TheCow's thingo ends.
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby FortaDragon » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:18 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:Also, just for the spirit of the theme, I think we should play around with colors for a bit.

But there aren't enough admins for the entire mafia, are there. Perhaps mafia is admin and GM, and neutral killing is FM mod?
FortaDragon
Investigator
Investigator

Postby ValeforRaine » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:20 pm

FortaDragon wrote:But there aren't enough admins for the entire mafia, are there. Perhaps mafia is admin and GM, and neutral killing is FM mod?

I don't think it's meant to be literal. None of the people in the Who's Who are AdBots last I checked...
Sing something new, I have nothing left,
I can't face the dark without
you.
There's nothing left to lose, the fight never ends,
I can't face the dark without
you.

Holding the hand that holds me down.
I forgive you, forget you,
the end.
ValeforRaine
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Arckas » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:52 pm

Why don't we bring back the old moderators like ILynx/Poisonmaid, estti379, and Panzo.

Also one more I'm forgetting.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby leyva45 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:56 am

Metrion wrote:Hey, where is Guzame and I?

I love theme games, and this is a pretty cool one. Having one of each role isn't the greatest though, roleclaiming to that confirmed Mayor is going to be a mess.

So this gets a yes from me so long as it's the standard list that was in the OP and those other cool mechanics are used.

The roles will be coming from the who's who thread. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11094
Yeah, we're going to update the list when the voting is over.
leyva- le discord
leyva45
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner

Postby Santa07 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:57 am

Arckas wrote:Why don't we bring back the old moderators like ILynx/Poisonmaid, estti379, and Panzo.

Who is estii379? I'm newer than I thought I was... :l
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:03 am

Santa07 wrote:
Arckas wrote:Why don't we bring back the old moderators like ILynx/Poisonmaid, estti379, and Panzo.

I haven't heard of estti379 or ILynx. Who are they? I joined in May, but I didn't go on the forums until August.

Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:04 am

You might know iLynx as PoisonMaid. She changed her forum name to her Youtube one. As for estti... she was around LOOOOONG ago.

But we're seriously hyper off topic right now.

Rickdaily12

Postby Santa07 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:04 am

chitownmvp01 wrote:
Santa07 wrote:

I haven't heard of estti379 or ILynx. Who are they? I joined in May, but I didn't go on the forums until August.

You know Poisonmaid? It was just a name change. Same person. Just like how Reaperx126 became UnknownNobody and then RoytheHero. And how Doobledore became DoctorPink.
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:07 am

I know who Poisonmaid is, but not the name change part. I will still always remember and probably forget about and refer DoctorPink as Doobledore!

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby leyva45 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:09 am

I would just like to ask you guys to stay on the topic.

Who is in favor of an All role game, I am.
leyva- le discord
leyva45
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner

PreviousNext

Return to FM Trash