Keeps disconnecting mid-game. =(

Bugs reports for the Steam Client

Keeps disconnecting mid-game. =(

Postby YecatsMailbox » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:29 am

Hi there.
I'm using the Steam client to play and have been for almost a year now.
Recently, (possibly after the last server restart? within the last week, at the least), my game is really unreliable and unstable...
It results in being disconnected from the game which is frustrating for a variety of reasons.
Yesterday was the worst. It kept disconnecting me for about 3 games in a row at the beginning of the game. The last time was near the end of the game, as we lynched the last proven evil and I was slated for victory. =(

Is this a problem happening with other users?
It is not my Internet - nothing else halts/disconnects/etc while the game just freezes and disconnects me.

Any advice?
YecatsMailbox
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Keeps disconnecting mid-game. =(

Postby Jerme » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:47 am

Flash is sadly quite sensitive for lost conenctions, while mostly other software is more stabile, due to them having the chance to build up a buffer.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby YecatsMailbox » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:02 pm

So is there nothing I can do?
I just lost another game that I won on D2 as Exe... We were hanging the Godfather to end the game and it froze. =\ Frustrating, especially since I paid for the game (and Coven expansion.)
YecatsMailbox
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Jerme » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:57 pm

Are you using WiFi or an ethernet cord atm? I recommend you to wire yourself directly up to your router or switch.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flavorable » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:40 am

Reinstall Adobe AIR and make sure you're running Steam with Admin rights. If that doesn't work:
- WiFi connected: Download a WiFi Analyser on your smartphone and check for the least busy channel, put your router on that channel (never put it on auto).
Also make sure you have QoS (Quality of Service) and Hardware Acceleration turned off, that your Router is in a high and unblocked position and there are no sources of disruption (microwaves, subwoofers, mirrors, etc) around.
- Both for WiFi AND Ethernet cable: Reset your router/modem (keep in mind that network settings will also be reset, such as network name and password), then open ports 843 and 3600 TCP/UPD on your firewall and router.

Source: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=79205
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ForestSmurf » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:23 pm

I have this problem as well, but I can't meddle with the router, since its owned by my father. I guess for me that means I won't be playing ranked. I do have a question though: are there any plans to make a reconnect frame of time? Something like reconnect in one minute and you might still be alive and in the game. That might solve the whole issue for me since I only have hiccups from at most 20 seconds.

Thank you for reading!
ForestSmurf
ForestSmurf

Postby Jerme » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:39 am

There are plans for a reconnection feature, yet it is unknown when its going to be released.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Steam Bug Reports