Yet another Steam login error (or two)

Bugs reports for the Steam Client

Yet another Steam login error (or two)

Postby Linathing » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:15 pm

I'm not sure when this issue started popping up for me, but I've seen I'm not alone.

It started with my using the 'logging via steam' button and immediately getting disconnected.

I followed the 'clear password' solution and entered my current password for this very account as per instructions... However no dice. I'm getting Error: Invalid Password when I try.

Thus far the following things have not worked:
* Changing password and using that
* Manually entering my account name and password
* Validating the game files on Steam (multiple times)
* Running Steam as admin
* Restarting Steam between attempts
* Clearing the Steam download cache and signing into Steam again

All of the above results in the same Error: Invalid Password (or Username or password is incorrect when I do it manually) and I can't really think of anything else to do and there doesn't seem to be anyone else that hasn't had their error solved by the above steps in some way.

Additionally, when I play ranked (or rather, attempt to) the countdown freezes at 0 and I have to restart the game to try again, which is rather bothersome, I've never disconnected elsewise in the game and the countdowns when I actually get into a game work perfectly.

As for the 'fix' to reinstall Adobe AIR, that's not really workable as it's not installed to begin with, nor am I running my computer on WiFi, it's on a wired connection.
Linathing
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Yet another Steam login error (or two)

Postby Linathing » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:04 pm

Partially solved. Specifically the login error; Either reinstalling the game and/or changing the password to remove a & worked.

Still getting the countdown breaking at 0. Thus far 2 out of 3 attempts.
Linathing
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:16 pm

Well, the removal of an unsupported cahracter in your password is indeed a good choice to do.
For the countdown thing: I am not fully sure what could cause this aside from a disconnect. Can you access the shop or the customisation settings when the timer reached 0, but the client did not continue?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Linathing » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:11 am

Jerme wrote:Well, the removal of an unsupported cahracter in your password is indeed a good choice to do.
For the countdown thing: I am not fully sure what could cause this aside from a disconnect. Can you access the shop or the customisation settings when the timer reached 0, but the client did not continue?

I've just double-checked and I can indeed access the shop and customisations when the ranked queue hits zero, though the edit I tried to do to verify (just change my default name) that I was still connected, didn't go through. The very odd thing is that this is literally the only time that I DC from the game; while in the ranked queue. The only other times has been when I've been in games and the server has restarted... But then it's a universal thing. I don't DC on any other loading screens or any other waits like during the night phase.
Linathing
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:45 am

Alright, thanks for the heads up. I am not sure how deep this will be looked into though, since there is a new client coming up rather soon.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Steam Bug Reports