Game constantly freezing

Bugs reports for the Steam Client

Game constantly freezing

Postby lawagner01 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:08 am

I just started playing Town of Salem again recently and I have not been able to finish a game yet because it freezes and I am forced to quit out. The freezing almost always occurs after the first night right after the last death from N1 has been displayed. I stay on the death screen with the spotlight on the deceased and am unable to continue, although if nobody dies on N1 then this does not occur and instead occurs at a later night. The music still plays and many of the overlay elements like final wills, notes, the pause screen, and the character descriptor screens still work. However, I am unable to move the map around or send a message to chat (although I can type in the message box) Occasionally, the game jumps back forwards and all the messages sent in the time I lost appear. However, this rarely happens and I have often waited upwards of 5 minutes before closing the game.
lawagner01

Re: Game constantly freezing

Postby Jerme » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:52 am

Please enable the player log and upload the log to a text-hosting site, such as pastebin, and link it here when you encountered it again.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Game constantly freezing

Postby lawagner01 » Sun May 31, 2020 2:16 pm

lawagner01

Return to Steam Bug Reports