Too Much FPS

Bugs reports for the Steam Client

Too Much FPS

Postby johaylon475 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:02 am

Hello. I'm a Turkish player and I'm playing this game via Steam.

I'm not even sure if this is a bug but I couldnt find any "technical issues" section so I took my chance here.

There problem I'm having is that I'm having around 800-1200 fps in menus, and around 250-600 in the game itself, usually around 500, even though v-sync ic enabled. My monitor is 60 Hz. I'm also playing fullscreen and antialiasing is max.

My computer(its a gaming laptop) specs are:
I7-7700HQ
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB Ram
256gb SSD + 1TB HDD(Game is on SSD)
1920x1080 resolution, 60 Hz

This may not even be a problem, but hey, that much fps isnt good for overheating especially on a laptop. It isnt overheating like 95C but it reaches 80C on multiple cores(and threads I guess, I use CoreTemp to check heat). Of course a lower heat would be better via removing unnecessary fps generation.

Also v-sync isnt doing what it should be doing, thats why I came here.

Sorry If I made any mistakes, thanks for your time!
johaylon475
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Too Much FPS

Postby Jerme » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:22 am

There is no option to limit the amount of fps, so that is not a bug itself, but more a suggestion, if you would like to have that one.
vsync intends to only reduce posisble visual glitches.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby johaylon475 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:50 am

Hello. I'll ask for a FPS-capping option (different from v-sync of course) in the suggestion forums.

Thanks for the fast reply and your time!
johaylon475
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby DocExer » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:43 pm

@johaylon475, thanks for posting about your fps issue. The vsync setting in the Burger Menu is supposed to sync your fps to your monitor refresh rate. Can you confirm that when you say that vsync is enabled, that you are referring to the checkbox in the Burger Menu Settings Display tab, and not in an external video card settings panel?
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Postby johaylon475 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:00 pm

Yes, I am referring to the checkbox in the Burger Menu Settings Display tab, "enable vsync" is between "enable fullscreen" and "antialiasing".

However I tried this with other games just now... They arent working either. So the problem is on my side.

Thank you for bringing up external video card settings idea, because I fixed the case via Nvidia Control Panel.

I feel silly now. I have to delete this topic and the one I created as a suggestion now. Thanks for your help!
johaylon475
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:48 am

Thanks for your heads up. I'll lock this one instead.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Steam Bug Reports