Constantly Being Disconnect

Bugs reports for the Steam Client

Constantly Being Disconnect

Postby CSSwifty07 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:58 pm

I believe I tried to post about this before but never got any emails for it. I keep getting kicked,or disconnect from my ranked games for no reason. My internet is 100% fine and I know this for a fact. So it's something wrong with the game. I'll be in the middle of a game and get the disconnect with the message "An existing connection has been forcibly closed by a remote host". Excuse me but please stop closing my connection when I'm playing, I've lost so many freaking points because of these connection issues. 3 times in 1 day this has happened. One happened at the name screen. The timer hit 0 and I was just disconnected with the message "It appears you have lost your internet connection or the server has logged you out. Please check your connection before logging back in." Again I know for a fact my internet is fine so why do I keep getting logged out or having my connection closed?? Please make it stop, I would ask for my points back because the points system for ranked is so messed up as it is but rn I'll settle for not being disconnect every game I try and play
CSSwifty07
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Constantly Being Disconnect

Postby Jerme » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:18 am

We currently do not know what the connection closing exactly causes, there can be multiple causes of that. The game currently requires a constant connection to the game, so minor interruptions, that could be passed by buffers, would cause the ToS client to disconnect. I beleive as well that this should be looked at, yet I do not know when it could be gotten to. I would truly want to "make it stop", yet the possibilities of that are alot so this takes time to investigate as well.
I apologize, rating cannot be returned.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CSSwifty07 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:34 am

My Ranked points are MAD suffering because I get disconnected from almost every game at this point. Is there anything I can do on my end or you can do on yours to make it stop happening? At least stop happening as often?
--
This is becoming RIDICULOUS!! I'm only disconnected from games I'm about to win or have a good chance of winning. The only games I've been able to stay for have been the games I lose. Idc how long it takes to look into this I want it looked into and I'm not freaking playing again till it is cause this is Complete BS and I feel like it's not random at all. It doesn't feel like a coincidence either that I'm only disconnected when I'm about to win ranked. Literal BS
--
I made a post on steam about this as well and I see others are having the same issue so it should be looked into since multiple people are complaining about constantly getting disconnected partway through games. It needs to be looked into if the game is that touchy about connections, especially where it's a game that you can't reconnect too. I see no point in playing a game like this if you can't even play a game to completion. I strongly believe that this should be a priority for investigation because I can't even play the game at this point.
Last edited by Jerme on Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged tripple post, please use the edit button next time :)
CSSwifty07
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:45 pm

The disconnects do not happen on purpose, and not to troll any users. According to what I am awaer of would reducing network traffic the only thing you could do on your side. I do not have noticed any pattern in disconnecting, only that I haven't encountered that on my end (maybe that is only because I do not play the ranked mode). I sadly am unable to "turn off" disconnects.
Do you encounter the disconnects outside of the ranked mode?
Do you mind posting the link to the Steamdiscussion?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flavorable » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:49 am

Jerme wrote:The disconnects do not happen on purpose, and not to troll any users. According to what I am awaer of would reducing network traffic the only thing you could do on your side. I do not have noticed any pattern in disconnecting, only that I haven't encountered that on my end (maybe that is only because I do not play the ranked mode). I sadly am unable to "turn off" disconnects.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/334230/d ... 161114770/
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CSSwifty07 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:12 pm

Jerme wrote:The disconnects do not happen on purpose, and not to troll any users. According to what I am awaer of would reducing network traffic the only thing you could do on your side. I do not have noticed any pattern in disconnecting, only that I haven't encountered that on my end (maybe that is only because I do not play the ranked mode). I sadly am unable to "turn off" disconnects.

I have experienced it outside of Ranked when I do the Ranked practice (which I rarely do) I have been disconnected from that as well. But when it comes to reducing network traffic, this issue occurs when I'm home alone and when others are home, I can be the only person home and it still happens. I don't normally have anything else running on the internet when I'm playing except my phone which really shouldn't cause me to be discounted from a game. When the disconnecting issue started it would always be like the first one or two games I played and since I only really played rank it really affected my rank. So when I started up my game I would try playing a ranked practice or another mode as my first game so that if/when I got disconnected it wouldn't affect my rank. Sometimes it would work and sometimes I'd still get disconnected. But now it's just so random I can't predict which games it might disconnect me from so I can't play other modes to protect my rank.
CSSwifty07
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:35 pm

Alright, thanks you for the additional information. I did not experience this by myself, so I am not sure where this could be pinpointed at.
Could you do us a favor and select to create a logfile in the settings (settings gear -> Settings -> help-tab -> enable palyer log) and paste the logfile after experiencing a disconnect into pastebin or a similar website for sharing some textfiles?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Steam Bug Reports