Steam "Password Change Required" on Login

Bugs reports for the Steam Client

Steam "Password Change Required" on Login

Postby Mindsplitter » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:17 pm

Been playing for a few years now.
I believe on Jan 3rd, 2020 (and ever since) when I tried to login to the Windows ToS client and use "Login with Steam" to login (not my credentials) I got a popup saying to follow a provided link and reset my password.
After following this link I can fill in my account name, email address and do the captcha however when I submit for the password reset, I get redirected to an error page saying my email is not a registered ToS account.
I am definitely using the same email as this forum account, and username "Mindsplitter".

I have seen others with this exact same issue. Many didn't know their credentials for this forum. I was able to get mine in some username recovery page, similar to password recovery but apparently doesn't talk to the same resources.

Edit: I have already emailed the devs and a second time a few days later with no response.
Mindsplitter
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Steam "Password Change Required" on Login

Postby Mindsplitter » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:13 pm

No worries, just wondering.
Mindsplitter
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:30 pm

Did you respond to the automated mail that got sent you way?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby moltenwoowoowooww » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:08 am

I'm having the same problem since over a week ago. I changed the password for my old regular account, which should be linked to my steam but says it isn't linked. on startup when it asks to link my steam, i click yes, it does nothing. No way to login via steam atm :/
moltenwoowoowooww

Postby Jerme » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:40 am

When you get the link popup it means that you have a different account linked to your SteamID. What happens when you try to login with Steam?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Mindsplitter » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:04 pm

It has been 2 weeks now. I used to play this game everyday. I'm sorry but my patience is running out this is a rediculous error to not have fixed. My account isn't recognized?
--
I have spent more than the purchase price on this game, this is so unacceptable. I've never said that before but why am I left here 2 weeks with no response from the company? Ridiculous. I am a day away from finding another similar game. I know there's other out there.
Mindsplitter
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:55 pm

Did you sent the devs an email and replied to the automated response, or hit them up on Facebook/Twitter?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Mindsplitter » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:35 pm

When I try to login with steam I get prompted to change my email.

Yes I sent the devs an email on the 3rd then responded. Also sent an additional email inquiring.
Mindsplitter
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby indigowulf » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:45 am

I had this happen as well, and tried this on a whim, and it worked... I changed my steam password to something else, then changed it back to what it was, and POOF ToS accepted my steam log in again. Weird but it worked for me, so posting in case it works for anyone else too.
indigowulf
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Jerme » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:56 am

The password of your Steamaccount was never the trouble. There was a recent update that disregards the flag for a passowrdchange when trying to login with Facebook/Steam, as the way how the authentification is handled works differently.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Nikomedia1333 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:01 am

Been playing for a few years now.
I believe on Jan 3rd, 2020 (and ever since) when I tried to login to the Windows ToS client and use "Login with Steam" to login (not my credentials) I got a popup saying to follow a provided link and reset my password.
After following this link I can fill in my account name, email address and do the captcha however when I submit for the password reset, I get redirected to an error page saying my email is not a registered ToS account.
I am definitely using the same email as this forum account, and username "Nikomedia1333".

I have seen others with this exact same issue. Many didn't know their credentials for this forum. I was able to get mine in some username recovery page, similar to password recovery but apparently doesn't talk to the same resources.

Edit: I have already emailed the devs and a second time a few days later with no response.
Nikomedia1333

Postby Jerme » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:36 am

Does logging with with the login with Steam button still display the password update, or log you in now? There was a recent update that should bypass the passwordchange when you use the Steam or Facebook verification. Please keep in mind that mails might have a higher response time than a few days, especially when its a weekend in between.
Did you at least got the automatic response?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Nikomedia1333 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:59 pm

Jerme wrote:Does logging with with the login with Steam button still display the password update, or log you in now? There was a recent update that should bypass the passwordchange when you use the Steam or Facebook verification. Please keep in mind that mails might have a higher response time than a few days, especially when its a weekend in between.
Did you at least got the automatic response?

Yes I tried everything else but not works.. I approved mail adress but when I try to change password not works.
Nikomedia1333

Postby Jerme » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:02 pm

Does clicking "sign in with Steam" log you in, or do you still receive the request to change your password?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Nikomedia1333 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:28 pm

Jerme wrote:Does clicking "sign in with Steam" log you in, or do you still receive the request to change your password?

Yes still receive the request..
Nikomedia1333

Postby Flavorable » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:21 pm

Nikomedia1333 wrote:
Jerme wrote:Does clicking "sign in with Steam" log you in, or do you still receive the request to change your password?

Yes still receive the request..

Be sure to check if your ToS is on the latest version.

Also, as per the image below, make sure you use the button in the green circle, and NOT the login button in combination with your username/password.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Mindsplitter » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:35 pm

So 3 weeks later I still have not heard from the devs, ridiculous.

This issue was resolved by changing my Steam password. Unacceptable that a third party client makes me change my Steam password and provides no support when it breaks the game.

I've spent in game money, been playing for quite a while now and regularly.

Definitely going to stop, cannot support this garbage company.
Mindsplitter
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:14 pm

Mindsplitter wrote:So 3 weeks later I still have not heard from the devs, ridiculous.

This issue was resolved by changing my Steam password. Unacceptable that a third party client makes me change my Steam password and provides no support when it breaks the game.

I've spent in game money, been playing for quite a while now and regularly.

Definitely going to stop, cannot support this garbage company.

It wasn't "fixed" because of you changing your Steam password (and no, BMG does not have access to your Steam password), it was "fixed" because of this announcement: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=105415#p3351830 from last week.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Steam Bug Reports