TOS home screen is FREAKING OUT!

Bugs reports for the Steam Client

TOS home screen is FREAKING OUT!

Postby CSSwifty07 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:57 pm

I can't seem to upload the video I recorded of my screen freaking out that I took on my phone here either but I sent it to the email that steam support gave me and it gave me a bot message. But can someone tell me how to post the video or send it to the devs or someone to look at because I really can't describe what is happening it's insane! But I can tell you it's been happening for a while now, like way before the new update but it just keeps getting worse and worse and I Have No Idea what's going on. The best I can explain it is Imagine looking at your TOS home screen while it's having a seizure and trying to give you a seizure. But someone please tell me how I can send you guys the video!
CSSwifty07
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: TOS home screen is FREAKING OUT!

Postby Jerme » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:19 pm

There is no possiblity to upload files directly to this forum, so please use the long way and upload it on a hosting site and post the link here.
About the automated reply, you could read it thoroughly and then you might know what you could do with it. The last few lines are important.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CSSwifty07 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:24 pm

Jerme wrote:There is no possiblity to upload files directly to this forum, so please use the long way and upload it on a hosting site and post the link here.
About the automated reply, you could read it thoroughly and then you might know what you could do with it. The last few lines are important.

Do you have a site I could use to post it? I'm not sure what a site like that is
CSSwifty07
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:51 pm

You could for example use youtube, imgur, google drive...
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CSSwifty07 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:18 pm

https://youtu.be/K-vIhm3SMd8 I posted it on YouTube
CSSwifty07
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ugurcansayan » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:55 am

This happens because of two reasons:

1) Town of Salem is not optimized well currently. It is power hungry. Most of time it won't affect to players but some old systems will overheat (and may turn off) unfortunately. You cannot solve this.

2) Your video adapter is not working properly. It may be because it is out of date. You can try updating drivers from Windows Update, if it doesn't help you should get the update from hardware vendor's (AMD, Intel or Nvidia) website. Or your video adapter is old and dusty and/or the thermal paste is dry. You need to check inside of the case and fix the heating issue manually.
ugurcansayan
Witch
Witch

Postby Flavorable » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:33 am

I'd strongly suggest following ugurcansayan's reason number 2, because this seems like a graphics card issue to me.

I had this happen before once myself on a previous system, different game, and it turned out my graphics card was overheated because of dry thermal paste, which was mostly caused by bad ventilation and too much dust inside the case. Annoyingly enough, it only happened for me in 1 game, not in any others.

So I'd say, dust the whole computer case out, make sure nothing is overheating, make sure everything is up to date and then check again how it's running. If it's still similar, I definitely encourage you to post here again so we can see if we can offer more assistence.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CSSwifty07 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:41 pm

Ok Thank you guys. So I should check out my Graphics card, see if I can update My Drivers and check my Thermal Paste?
CSSwifty07
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Steam Bug Reports