Posted yesterday and now I have a new bug

Bugs reports for the Steam Client

Posted yesterday and now I have a new bug

Postby PBR » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:56 pm

It won't let me log in through Steam at all!

https://imgur.com/a/5BVl5Ae
PBR
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Posted yesterday and now I have a new bug

Postby Flavorable » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:59 pm

Are you using the "Log in with Steam" button?
Is your Steam online?
Did you start the game from your library, or your desktop?
Are you using a VPN?
Are you using a third party anti-virus (like avast, McAfee, e.t.c.)?
Are you on a school network?

Edit:
Moderator Message: Moved to proper subforum.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PBR » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:39 pm

Flavorable wrote:Are you using the "Log in with Steam" button?
Is your Steam online?
Did you start the game from your library, or your desktop?
Are you using a VPN?
Are you using a third party anti-virus (like avast, McAfee, e.t.c.)?
Are you on a school network?

Edit:
Moved to proper subforum.

Yes, steam is online.
Started the game from desktop.
Not using a VPN.
I use Cogeco antivirus, but have never had the issue before today.
Not on a school network.
PBR
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby PBR » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:40 pm

Just an FYI, it works now! Not sure what happened there but if you do have any ideas, please tell! Thank you.
PBR
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby PBR » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:41 pm

Also, yes I was using the log in with steam button.
PBR
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby PBR » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:52 pm

It happened again.
PBR
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:47 pm

Hi there. I'm responding to your PM, but just adressing this here as well for the sake of clarity and openness.

Unfortuantely us Moderators are not able to addres this issue (per the PM I sent you) and this is just current a standard Generic Error (as the name implies). I have address the concern with the developers and Docexer has agreed we need clearer error messages, etc to help with these situations. He's currently working with Achilles (Josh) to get these things sorted out, however there isn't much we can go on as to resolving this issue, as I'm almost 100% certain it's server-side verification stuff; things we can't address.

However I can tell you myself and Flavorable actually expierenced this under strange situations, and I played around and abused it to see what the issue is. What seemed to happen was if I logged in and out of the game too often, without closing the Application in Steam, it'd pop up the error message.

If you go to login with the Steam button and it pops up this error message, try closing the application, waiting a few seconds, then re-launching through Steam and then trying to use the green login with Steam button.

Should it continue to be an issue and the above doesn't work, you're able to manually login using your Steam name from when you are logged in through the Steam button in-game, and the password it asked you to create when you first connected to Steam.

Cheers!
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Transcender » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:01 am

I assume it hasnt loaded fully yet, in the old flash version if you tried to login before it had fully loaded it would give an error. if you wait a bit or do it a few times it usually works.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby PBR » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:33 pm

Naru2008 wrote:Hi there. I'm responding to your PM, but just adressing this here as well for the sake of clarity and openness.

Unfortuantely us Moderators are not able to addres this issue (per the PM I sent you) and this is just current a standard Generic Error (as the name implies). I have address the concern with the developers and Docexer has agreed we need clearer error messages, etc to help with these situations. He's currently working with Achilles (Josh) to get these things sorted out, however there isn't much we can go on as to resolving this issue, as I'm almost 100% certain it's server-side verification stuff; things we can't address.

However I can tell you myself and Flavorable actually expierenced this under strange situations, and I played around and abused it to see what the issue is. What seemed to happen was if I logged in and out of the game too often, without closing the Application in Steam, it'd pop up the error message.

If you go to login with the Steam button and it pops up this error message, try closing the application, waiting a few seconds, then re-launching through Steam and then trying to use the green login with Steam button.

Should it continue to be an issue and the above doesn't work, you're able to manually login using your Steam name from when you are logged in through the Steam button in-game, and the password it asked you to create when you first connected to Steam.

Cheers!

Thank you very much! I will try doing what you said if/when it happens again.
PBR
Benefactor
Benefactor

Return to Steam Bug Reports