Steam Account wont link cant play coven

Bugs reports for the Steam Client

Steam Account wont link cant play coven

Postby Morehavok » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:19 am

I have a steam account and i bought coven through it. I noticed this last time i logged in and i couldnt actualy claim anything. However my steam account shows the achivments ive gotten. But i cant get any of the steam exclusives or my coven update.
Morehavok
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Steam Account wont link cant play coven

Postby Flavorable » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:06 am

Have you tried the "Sign in with Steam" button?
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jerme » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:23 am

Moving thread into the appropiate subforum.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Morehavok » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:43 pm

Yes i have tried "login with steam button which just gives me an endless "verifying account" popup.

And this account has given me Steam achivements. But none of the steam bonuses or my Coven purchase

Witht he new UI i get sent to a page to reset my account password however i have no steam account that I am aware of just this one.
Morehavok
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:43 pm

Have you changed the password with the account you are currently posting with in this year and have then not used the login with Steam-button?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Morehavok » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:47 pm

Yes I have changed the account password for this account 2 days ago. And am currently logged in and playing the game. Im even getting new steam achivements pop up. However everytime a game finishes i get a popup in game asking me to link my steam account I hit yes and nothing happens. The game even says "hey there coven owner link your account to play coven" so its recognizeing i bought coven but wont let me link the 2. and i tried the login with steam button yes. Several times sense changing the password for this account
Morehavok
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:11 am

You need to actually clear your password for the "login with Steam", since that one contains the old password. Click 'clear password', then login with Steam, then fill in the new password when prompted.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Morehavok » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:28 am

With the new patch there is no clear password button. And i tried that anyways before the patch and that did nothing. Still was stuck on verifying account when i tried to login with steam. Again when i try to click Logon with steam now though i no longer get that. It sends me to the password reset portal. Of which i have allready done and JUST NOW did it again. Reset my password went back and clicked Login with steam and got the same exact thing again. A link to the password reset portal
Morehavok
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:21 am

Morehavok wrote:With the new patch there is no clear password button. And i tried that anyways before the patch and that did nothing. Still was stuck on verifying account when i tried to login with steam. Again when i try to click Logon with steam now though i no longer get that. It sends me to the password reset portal. Of which i have allready done and JUST NOW did it again. Reset my password went back and clicked Login with steam and got the same exact thing again. A link to the password reset portal

That is definitely weird. Let me see if I can find some answers for you.

Edit: Is your forum account name the same as the account name you have linked to Steam?

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jerme » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:55 am

The new Steamclient attemtps to login with the linked account not using a password but a steamticket, which got gained by the first linking process.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Morehavok » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:49 am

No my steam account name is Skatikus

ANd i have no idea what Jerme is telling me
Morehavok
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:45 am

That username does not exist in ToS.

I don't mean your Steam account name, but the name for the ToS account that is linked to your Steam.

As in, before when you logged into the game via Steam, what would your username in the game be?

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Morehavok » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:11 pm

This is the only ToS account that I am aware that I have. I bought the game years ago and barely played. but i just recently had some friends invite me to play with them so i did. This was the account that I recovered the password to useing the only email I would have and the username that was saved when i opened the game up. I can provide a transaction Id for my purchase from steam if that will help.
Morehavok
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:18 am

Hrm, the ID associated with the account is '0'. That's odd indeed. I believe that means you're not linked yet, but you bought the Steam version.

I know you said you've reset your password, but you also need to change it from your default that the website gives you. I believe this is where you're getting stuck at, as I cannot see a password change on your account log at all. The reason you're being asked to change it is because of the breach we had earlier this year and a bunch of accounts were locked down until the owners could reset and change their passwords.

Please refer to my FAQ on Password Resets, especially in regards to being stuck on Verifying Account, as even though you're not getting it anymore, I'm certain it's the same reason;
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=101015

Once you've done this, it should work. If this hasn't worked, please let me know and I will look at the account logs and your in-game account to see if the ID has changed from 0.

Thanks!
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Morehavok » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:37 pm

I have followed your post to reset and change my password. I have done this 3 or 4 times now over the last week. Ive chosen a new password everytime. So hopefully this time it gets fixed. I logged in again after changing the password again and i still dont have the accoutns linked. But i still have the achivements for the game but none of the unlocks or coven.
Morehavok
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:38 am

I will have the devs check this.
I wanted to tell you, that the new way to login with Steam is unrelated to ones password, which means changing it has no effect more or less.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:56 pm

Can you try logging in with the green steam button again? I have setup your account to be linked with your steam ID.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby cosminandreim » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:59 pm

same problem here i am not able to play the game because i cant link it to the steam i created 10000000 account and change passwords 100000000 times
cosminandreim
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:06 am

cosminandreim wrote:same problem here i am not able to play the game because i cant link it to the steam i created 10000000 account and change passwords 100000000 times

Hi there. I've attempted to get your account set as well. I believe the original account you created was silentsound13, correct?

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cosminandreim » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:05 pm

yes that is correct
cosminandreim
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Morehavok » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:47 pm

So my steam account is linked and I have Coven now! Yay! but i dont have the steam skin and stuff? unless thats no longer available?
Morehavok
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:48 pm

I believe logging in with Steam and/or relogging would fix it.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Morehavok » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:18 pm

It did not still missing the steam exclusives.
Morehavok
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:02 pm

I can confirm that (from my end of things, it look like) you haven't received the Steam rewards, however I don't have access to server logs, so I can't tell what's what.

The Developers will have to grant you these items manually. Please email them at info@blankmediagames.com and let them know about your purchase (with a receipt) and that you haven't gotten the Steam exclusives even though you're now linked to a Steam account.

Apologies! Hopefully the developers will swiftly grant you your missing rewards. :)

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Steam Bug Reports