Town of Salem Freezing

Bugs reports for the Steam Client

Town of Salem Freezing

Postby MissMilky » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:58 am

I've been having this glitch a lot lately on steam, and I don't think it's just my internet because everything else works fine, but sometimes Town of Salem just freezes like this in the middle of a game and I wanted to report about it so that it could possibly be fixed or I could be told how to fix it if it's a problem with just me.

-MissMilky
edit: I don't know how to link a video oof, I just dragged the screen recording onto the post, but I'm not sure how to actually get to it. I'll try turning it into a YouTube video so you can actually watch it.
edit2: here's the youtube link
https://youtu.be/F-X2kt8FqTE
MissMilky
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Town of Salem Freezing

Postby Jerme » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:51 pm

Even a short interruoption, taking a second or less can make the game disconnect. Other things can be better at reconnectiong and/or have enough buffer to bypass a short outtage, ToS does not.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MissMilky » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:15 pm

Jerme wrote:Even a short interruoption, taking a second or less can make the game disconnect. Other things can be better at reconnectiong and/or have enough buffer to bypass a short outtage, ToS does not.

The main thing I'm worried about is getting reported for leaving because of the connection issue...Will I still be punished for having to leave the game due to these glitches?
MissMilky
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:32 pm

Leaving is currently not an issue, only when you intentionally leave.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MissMilky » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:34 am

Jerme wrote:Leaving is currently not an issue, only when you intentionally leave.

Thank you very much for the reply!
MissMilky
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Steam Bug Reports