Ranked Matchmaking Stuck when Timer Reaches 0

Bugs reports for the Steam Client

Ranked Matchmaking Stuck when Timer Reaches 0

Postby ReChii » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:31 am

I queue for ranked, as usual the timer starts at three minutes until zero. I know From ten seconds to zero the confirmation pop up will appear, but for me today, it doesn't and I couldn't change game mode, resulting in having to restart game client. I play ranked practice just fine, so there is no connection issue. What could this be about?

Image:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgsAYsZ3zZqCjXBOIoKF_esKTp_P
Favorite Roles: Jailor, Janitor, Jester
Most Hated Roles: Mafia roles in general except Consigliere, Janitor, and Consort
ReChii
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Ranked Matchmaking Stuck when Timer Reaches 0

Postby Jerme » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:20 am

This could mean that your client lost connection to the server during the queueing time.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ReChii » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:23 am

Could be. I played three ranked practice consecutively without problems but I can't get into ranked match five times..

Will try again.
Most Hated Roles: Mafia roles in general except Consigliere, Janitor, and Consort
ReChii
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ReChii » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:12 pm

So I tried and it seems if I wait the whole three minutes, I will fail to get into matchmaking and I have no way of knowing whether or not I am disconnected from the server. My temporary solution is to wait one or two minutes before matchmaking and pray that I am not disconnected. Every game that I play, though, has no problem in connectivity.
ReChii
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:06 pm

Thans for your update. he issue seems to be quite odd, then. I hardly had problems when I queued up for ranked and I beleive there had not much been done in the queueing system since then.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby leftyxlaura » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:12 am

I too have had this issue. I started doing my first ranked game on Steam and the timer would just sit there at 0 with no notification. I know this is a bug because my husband who is sitting next to me on his laptop will have no problem while he plays in the browser. I have tried doing this 3 times now with him and we each hit the "join" button at the same time. It's so frustrating.
leftyxlaura

Return to Steam Bug Reports