History says I played 66 games, I've only played one...

Bugs reports for the Steam Client

History says I played 66 games, I've only played one...

Postby SashaWolf » Fri May 31, 2019 7:46 pm

I'm really not sure what to make of this... I had trouble getting the web browser version of the game to work, so I decided to wait for a steam sale. I purchased the game from steam this week and looked up the account I created a couple months ago. The password worked to log into the forum, however I couldn't log into the game on steam. It said the password didn't match. I changed the password (through my email), logged in, and played my first game. Then when I was looking through the options I realized that there were achievements unlocked that I hadn't achieved. When I looked at game history it said that I had played 66 casual games.
I checked the friends list next. There are 10 people listed. How is this possible?! The account is still linked to my email address. Is this a glitch? Am I on someone else's account?!
SashaWolf

Re: History says I played 66 games, I've only played one...

Postby V9875 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:03 pm

It could be because of the recent security breach of BMG where usernames and passwords ect. where leaked. If this is the case then you should be fine now that you have reset the password as long as your email is secure.
V9875

Re: History says I played 66 games, I've only played one...

Postby Jerme » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:19 pm

It could be that you played with your old account before without using Steam.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Steam Bug Reports