Ban Appeal (Hate Speech): CptCarter

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Ban Appeal (Hate Speech): CptCarter

Postby CptCarter » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:26 am

Hello, I am here to appeal the ban on my account for hate speech.

Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time to consider my appeal. Secondly, I want to say that I am truly sorry.

I have been playing this game for a good amount of time now, and anyone who knows me knows that I love trolling. I love to give and receive a little laugh as often as possible because I feel that laughter is the best medicine. This does not excuse my behaviour, however. It's come to my attention now that my trolling has gotten out of hand, and that I may have offended people with my jokes. A few times, I have entered games and made homophobic jokes, which I realize were taken as meaningfully hating people based on their sexual orientation. An example of this is when I play evil roles, and I want to cause the town to random lynch another townie. I then started trolling, saying "let's lynch the gays!" and then proceeded to accuse random townies of being gay so that I would have a ridiculously stupid reason to lynch them.

I want to say now that I am truly very sorry for these jokes, and that absolutely no more hate speech will be spouted by me from here on out, even IF they are meant as jokes, and absolutely nothing more than that. I did not mean to offend anyone, I just wanted a good laugh out of the game for everyone involved. I've even attempted lynching Mayors this way just for the absurdity of it, and it almost worked! xD

To other people I may have offended, I am truly sorry for my behaviour, and I really wish that I had been smarter in choosing my trolling tactics. Hate speech is never the way to go, even for a laugh, and I see that now. I ask that those I've offended forgive me for my stupidity.

May I please have my account unbanned, or at least a reduced sentence? I love this game, and I really would hate to lose my account. I've bought the Coven expansion, as well as the Steam version, and I really don't want to lose it. I promise you, no more hate speech will be spouted from now on. You have my word.
CptCarter

Re: Ban Appeal (Hate Speech): CptCarter

Postby TrialBot » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:30 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby CptCarter » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:38 am

I have already admitted to my homophobic slurs, and again, I apologize for them, and absolutely no hate was meant by them. I troll a lot, but won't troll with hate speech anymore.

About the Gamethrowing, I said I wanted to lynch the VIP, sure, but I don't remember ever actually voting him up or giving his identity away. That was in November of last year, so I don't fully remember. I would say the Gamethrowing report was unreasonable, but I fully admit to the hate speech, and apologize profusely for it.
CptCarter

Postby Jerme » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:16 pm

Keep in mind that only invalid reports may be appealed.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CptCarter » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:13 pm

Does this mean that I've lost my account forever, or do you think there is any way I can have a suspension at least?
CptCarter

Postby CptCarter » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:36 pm

Revenge won't solve anything. We f**ked up and we kinda deserve this. I'm just asking for mercy, but no one is obligated to grant us anything. Let it go mate.
CptCarter

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:05 am

That are our current appeal rules, so there is not much I can do if a case like this happens.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TurdPile » Tue May 07, 2019 1:50 pm

Report is valid and valid bans cannot be appealed.

Appeal Denied.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals