Ban Appeal

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Ban Appeal

Postby MightyDouche » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:31 pm

I am kindly requesting an appeal for my account MightyDouche. I have sunk a good chunk of money into this game and I would be really ashamed if this ban isn't lifted. I was banned for spamming which I did mostly because I had 10+ Jester Scrolls equipped and just started to spam to get a free win. I honestly didn't expect to get reported as I was playing Jester for the most part, I accomplished my goal of being hung. Please reconsider
MightyDouche
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Ban Appeal

Postby TrialBot » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:55 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Meandrina » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:00 pm

While the report is for spamming, you were banned for what you spammed since it is antisemitism.
~Judge Emeritus~
Do you know all the game rules?? Check out the guide: http://bit.do/Juror-Guide

Have you played 150 games? Consider being a juror for the trial system: http://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start If you would like to join the Trial discord server, https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Meandrina
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby MightyDouche » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:07 pm

Ok, I agree I was in the wrong, but I was only joking trying to incite a lynch on my behalf. I myself have a Hebrew background and I didn't really mean to offend anyone.
This is my first offense so can I get a warning or a timed banned?
MightyDouche
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:19 am

Well, you were suspended twice before you got banned, as each guiltied report symbolizes an issued suspension. This means it was not your first offense.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MightyDouche » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:49 am

To be completely honest with you, I have never recalled ever being suspended ever since I have played this game for last few months.
This will be the last time I ever do anything as idiotic and toxic in this game again. Please reconsider your verdict on me.
MightyDouche
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:54 am

The first suspension was 24hours the second 72 hours, both likely issued when the report got judged. Now a suspension begins when a player tries to login instead.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MightyDouche » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:32 pm

So am I banned permanently? Is there absolutely no way I can play ToS again?
MightyDouche
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby MightyDouche » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:37 pm

Is it possible for my ban to be downgraded to a suspension? I haven't necessarily done anything that can be considered hate speech. So I think a ban for spamming isn't really justified.
MightyDouche
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby MightyDouche » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:11 am

bump
MightyDouche
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby madamepancake » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:11 am

Bumping makes it take longer for your appeal to be handled, as typically appeals are handled from oldest to newest reply.
Icon by boxofanger on Tumblr
madamepancake
Consort
Consort

Postby MightyDouche » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:13 pm

I want to add a bit of info in hopes that it could help my case. My oldest reports are a week after I started playing ToS for the first time. As a new player I was unaware of any rules that could get a player banned. This is during the time when spam bots were pretty common in classic games and I immediately assumed it was some type of Jester strategy that works almost all the time, being a noob and all. As I have played the game and learned the rules over the course of playing I have learned this is not the way to go. This is in no way a form of justification for my most recent report however, as that was an act of pure ignorance and I acknowledge that fact. If I am to be banned, so be it. But I just want to make a case for myself since I am a relatively new player compared to other players who have made their appeals.
MightyDouche
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:45 pm

Please be aware that by the time you started playing the rules itself were visible in the client. When you selected "play", you did directly see a big button labelled "rules". So you had the ability to look up the rules, so sadly doesn't protect you the lack o knowledge about the rules from them being enforced on you.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TurdPile » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:00 am

Hate speech is not tolerated.

Appeal Denied.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals