Appealing: HarryMaguire

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: HarryMaguire

Postby HarryMaguire » Thu May 26, 2022 1:37 am

For some reason, I was banned for 'hate speech' because I said "Free Kurdistan" on night 1 in a game. I understand that it is best to keep politics out of ToS, but someone started making fun of my father's homeland and I literally just said something n1. I do not see how that can be classified as 'Hate Speech', considering no one was being attacked personally. I was not rude to anyone and I did not spam the chat at all, considering I died n1.

Here are some other things that were said in that game that, somehow, seem to be okay. "Ew the filthy Middle East", "I wanna suck on a big fat cock". But hey! Much, much worse to say "free Kurdistan".

Considering people are screaming the n-word in lobbies, I don't see how I can be banned for 'hate speech' with something like that. My honest theory is that the person who moderated it is Turkish and got really offended. If anything, banning someone for saying 'free Kurdistan' is hateful in itself considering the Kurds are an ethnic minority who has been repeatedly bombed by Erdogan's forces, for no reason other than blatant discrimination. The attacks on Kurds have also been condemned by so many organisations (look it up).

I wonder if I had said 'free Ukraine' if the reaction would've been the same. Here is your answer: NO. I have said that before and NEVER had any issues with it. Unless Middle-Eastern lives are worth less than European ones to the moderators, this is non-sensical. Maybe you guys should find better informed and less racist moderators.

I served my ban already but, knowing that there are 3 temporary bans before a permanent one, I would like for one 'strike' to be taken off my account, seeing how ridiculous it is that I got banned. I would also like to ask for an apology and for moderators to get informed before they take decisions.
HarryMaguire

Re: Appealing: HarryMaguire

Postby TrialBot » Fri May 27, 2022 12:46 am

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby HarryMaguire » Sat May 28, 2022 11:41 pm

Can someone, who is not a bot, please reply? I see you've replied to everyone else, don't see why my case should be different...
HarryMaguire

Postby Flavorable » Sun May 29, 2022 11:50 am

I'm not sure why this got guiltied either.
Do keep in mind to be careful with the political talk in this game, because with subjects like those, it's much easier to cross the boundaries into hate speech/harassment or spamming.

Moderator Message: Appeal granted.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals