Appeal: BurdenOfGrief

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appeal: BurdenOfGrief

Postby BurdenOfGrief » Thu May 19, 2022 10:31 am

https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/v ... id=3684540

In this game I was reported for "gamethrowing" when all mafia members that were alive voted me (Witch) to be hanged when we literally had majority. Since I was mass voted guilty, about to be hanged, and no longer had a way to meet my win condition, I'm under no obligation to play towards the mafia's win condition because I am a neutral evil role. This is the same logic as an executioner that has already hung their target, there's nothing left to be done on my end and I owe nothing to no one, so I don't deserve this false infraction. Why should I be the one punished when it was the mafia themselves that prevented me from staying alive and team up with them to win in the first place? This is beyond stupid and I shouldn't have a suspension over this. There's no way I can "throw" for someone that has literally chosen to not have me, a neutral fucking role, on their team.
Last edited by BurdenOfGrief on Thu May 19, 2022 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
BurdenOfGrief
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Appeal: BurdenOfGrief

Postby TrialBot » Thu May 19, 2022 10:35 am

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Sun May 22, 2022 6:14 am

Greetings,

claiming NE was the crucial part there afaik.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BurdenOfGrief » Sun May 22, 2022 8:51 am

Jerme, I had a basically confirmed invest and multiple other roles outing me as witch, a vigi who shot me and confirmed it in their will, and no believable will to meet those claims(Lookout wills are near impossible to fake). The best I did was call one of them an exe before eventual majority. Evils had majority, mafia KNEW who I was from the entirety of that chat's day then literally voted me up and guiltied me. Claiming evil is not throwing here when mafia knowing that I am witch should allow the mafia to side with me against town's minority. If this were the case, then a jester revealing themself during evil majority to ask to be lynched or an executioner revealing themself during evil majority to hang their target would also be considered "throwing". If I decided to keep pretending to claim town and the current evils majority believed it, I would be voted by scum roles anyway & not have had any chance to survive in the first place. This is an absolutely ridiculous, unfair assessment of that current game state to call my actions "throwing".
BurdenOfGrief
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Flavorable » Sun May 29, 2022 11:06 am

Moderator Message: Your appeal has been denied. Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals