Gamethrowing appeal

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Gamethrowing appeal

Postby eldritch » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:36 am

I was banned for "gamethrowing": https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=3673816

I'm genuinely confused, I'm not sure how anything I did in that report is gamethrowing. I literally said two words in the entire report.

Let's break down what happened to try and understand it better:
Night 2
Jailor: role?
Me: doc
Jailor: will
Me: no
Jailor executes me

And that's pretty much the extent of the entire report. How can that be gamethrowing, wtf?

I claimed "doc" the moment I was jailed. There's no gamethrowing here since I've sufficiently defend myself in jail by claiming my real role (I was doc). The only other word I said was "no" when asked for my will. When I say "no", what I really mean is "no I don't have a will" in response to the jailor. I don't follow the meta of writing wills, so I wasn't lying or trying to tricking the jailor into executing me. I was telling jailor truth: I didn't have a will yet. What else am I supposed to say when I hadn't written anything? And also it was only N2 and the jailor hadn't even claimed yet, so I hadn't healed anyone up to that point. I only heal the jailor, and I didn't even know who the jailor was. What kind of will am I expected to have when the jailor hasn't even come out?

According to the Town of Salem trial guide "gamethrowing" is defined as:
4. While on stand or in jail, making it clear there is intent not to defend oneself. This does not include:
Simply not defending oneself.
Not saying anything.
Not claiming a role.
Not posting a will.

So I clearly have not gamethrown here, by definition. I did not show intent not to defend myself. In fact, I tried my hardest to defend myself by giving the jailor all the information I had, which wasn't much given that it was only N2, but I claimed my role. I didn't post a will, but this is not an instance of gamethrowing since the rule itself states that not posting a will isn't gamethrowing.

Also according to the trial guide,
NOT Gamethrowing:
7. Bad plays, unless you can prove they are intentionally playing bad; included but not limited to:
a. Not keeping a will
b. Not following the current meta

I don't follow the meta, and I don't write wills. But neither of these actions are gamethrowing as per the rules.

Furthermore, I would like to mention that gamethrowing by definition is when a player actively and intentionally works to harm their team's chances of winning. Where in the report do you see that I intentionally tried to make town lose? I did everything I could by claiming my role, I can't control whether the jailor executes me or not. It's not my fault that the Jailor was an idiot and random-executed me. And yes, I do admit that I am not the greatest ToS player of all time. Sometimes I make mistakes, misplays, or off-meta plays, but I NEVER intentionally try to throw the game for my team. Every game I play I try my hardest to win. How can it be gamethrowing if I'm trying to win? Yes, I make honest mistakes but I don't think this is grounds for a ban.

Also, I would also like to point out that the report details are totally wrong as well. It says "AFK yet again. Didnt say anything to jailor, so jailor executed him. he was Doc." I was not afk, and I also did say my role to the jailor.

I do believe this report is invalid and I would like to request that this is removed my account.

Thank you
Last edited by eldritch on Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
eldritch
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Gamethrowing appeal

Postby TrialBot » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:40 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Re: Gamethrowing appeal

Postby Flavorable » Sun May 29, 2022 3:46 am

I would have given you the benefit of the doubt, had it not been that you have amassed dozens of reports of doing absolutely nothing ingame.

Moderator Message: Your appeal has been denied. Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals