Appeal: kanyesays

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appeal: kanyesays

Postby kanyesays » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:58 pm

Good morning everyone reading this appeal from somewhere around the world!

I've been a ToS user since the beta, I love this game, and I devoted much of my resting period playing this game. So it really saddens me to know that I have been banned.
This is my first ever ban, and I think it is a bit too harsh of a sentence, so I'm here to appeal.

Here is a summarization of my perspective of the game in which I was banned for:
I was playing a ranked game as a mafioso. My fake town claim was going to be vigilante, then I switched to medium after people started claiming TK.
I foolishly whispered to REAL Investigator at the end of the D2. This is the game throwing part of the game.
I was thinking that they are actually a witch pretending to be healed by a doctor at N1. (In my head, I'm thinking "I am skeptical of this heal claim, since someone else asked for TP/LO during D1).
This investigator was SHOT by a controlled vigi N1, and a doctor decided to HEAL this investigator N1, even though another player already asked for TP/LO.
So I rolled my dice and gave away the numbers and roles of each of the mafia members to this investigator (I was absolutely convinced that this investigator is in fact a witch who is pretending to be healed N1) at the very end of the D2, to hide the whisper from rest of the town.
and jailor jailed me N2, I concocted fake dead speech in jail to survive, but jailor decided to kill me.
I left the game shortly after, then the mafia promptly lost the game. The end.

Obviously, it's not a good look. I've made a huge mistake. But is it really ban worthy?
There were zero malicious intent behind my play. I am always aware of the risk of whispering someone and asking if they are evil. You can potentially lose the whole game, but you can also have a huge advantage if you get it right. I just didn't realize at the time, that this play could ultimately get my account banned from this game for real.
I do feel bad for the remaining mafia members for having their time wasted. But the jailor and rest of the town were being straight up mean to me. Jailor made up stories of how I fumbled words and acted stupid while in jail. These are lies. These are just ad homme and totally unnecessary.
The town actually believed that I was salty, and was throwing the game so I don't have to play it anymore because I'm mafia or whatever,
and this is probably the reason why the town thought the vitriols and insults lobbied at me are completely justified

but I'm here telling you, THAT REALLY WAS NOT MY THOUGHT PROCESS. I don't just abandon game because I'm mafia! EVER! I love playing this game and I NEVER just quit in the middle.
This was an honest miscalculation during one of the thousands of ranked games played.
Please go over the chat log of the game. I understand that this is in fact a gamethrowing by definition, but I feel like permanent ban is way too harsh.
Thank you for reading this appeal.
kanyesays

Re: Appeal: kanyesays

Postby Jerme » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:52 am

Greetings,

please note that only invalid reports may be appealed.
Let's check the reports first.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:55 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:22 pm

Greetings,

the archvied reports cannot be appealed and outting the whole Mafia to someone with no clear hunch is kind of fishy...
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flavorable » Sun May 29, 2022 3:42 am

Moderator Message: Your appeal has been denied. Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals