Appealing my Account

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing my Account

Postby RagamsOP » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:32 am

Hi, I made my account several years ago and over time I've accumulated some offences (2 spam and 2 hs/h) due to which I've been permanently banned. After taking some time off I'm a reformed player and I don't spam any more. One of my bans for hs/h was for filter evasion, and I am truly sorry for anyone that I have offended with my words. I may add that my words were in retaliation to abuse that was initially directed at me. Anyhow, I realize that I have messed up with both spamming and being unnecessarily toxic. I'm a reformed person and player now. Please do give me another chance. This account is really old and I have a lot of great statistics and achievements on it that I can never dream of getting back, even if I was to start another account. One last chance is all I'm asking for. If I offend again I will accept any recourse that comes my way. Thank you for your help and consideration.

Best,
RagamsOP
--
Hi there,

I'm a longtime player of this game and have been permanently banned after 4 offences. Two are for spamming and two are for hs/h. I have in the past been guilty of spamming so that's totally understandable (even though towards the end i stopped doing that). Anyway, one of the hs/h is from a while ago and has been archived so i guess i can't get it appealed. My recent hs/h is a bit unfair though i feel like. I got banned for the word 'cun7' which where i'm from isn't even that offensive -- it's like the uk/aussie equivalent of jerk. also, i didn't say a bad word explicitly, i basically censored it. Additionally, i've seen way worse words be used completely freely like homophobic slurs, antisemitic slurs, racist slurs, so i really think the punishment for me is disproportionate. i've seen people say the n-word, and words like 'retard' and 'autistic' and 'demented' and mocking other handicaps. i will conceded that i did say 'fuck off' in that game, but again, i've seen people say the f-word plenty of times and honestly in a frustrating text-based game like tos that's to be expected. i just think that saying a censored version of the c-word shouldn't be treated that harshly especially when people say 'dick' all the time -- in fact people in game name themselves thinks like 'big peenis'. so yeah, it just seems unfair to me that i've been punished for something relatively light, especially considering the awful words that many others used without being punished. thank you for reading and your consideration.

best,
RagamsOP
Last edited by Jerme on Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged both appealthreads
RagamsOP

Re: Appealing my Account

Postby Jerme » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:05 am

Greetings,

please note that only invalid, non archived reports may be appealed. That aside would I like to mention that no rulebreak would generally excuse an other, thus would it not matter if you were the one starting it, or followed up on it.
Our rules of appealing are pretty strict, which means that we may not grant 2nd chances to a banned account, I apologize.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:10 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Flavorable » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:15 am

Whether or not the word is offensive where you're from has no bearing on the report. The word is hard filtered, and you evaded the filter to say the word regardless. Evading the hard filter always results in at least a suspension, and considering it was your fourth strike, that means a permanent ban.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flavorable » Sun May 29, 2022 3:16 am

Moderator Message: Your appeal has been denied. Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals