Appealing: ekcjaOFFICIAL

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: ekcjaOFFICIAL

Postby ekcjaOFFICIAL » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:40 am

Hello. I was banned for 7 days for an inappropriate username: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/v ... id=3669773 Most presumably it was because of 'Hillerin' as a surname, that the people who voted 'guilty' presumed was closely related to 'Hitler'. The only thing these two surnames have in common is “Hi”, and then everything after that is different. Ancestry of the surname as well. While Hitler was a Germanic, Austrian surname. Hillerin on the other hand is prevalent in France for instance. My second argument for why my username is not inappropriate, is that a person who was called 'Nick Kerr' in game was found 'innocent' of having an 'inappropriate username', even though his name, while spoken, sounds like a racial slur against Black people. https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/v ... id=3669797 for reference. Yet, he wasn't banned even when his name sounded like a racial slur. So why should I be banned because my name 'sounded' like something inappropriate? What's going on in here?
ekcjaOFFICIAL
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Appealing: ekcjaOFFICIAL

Postby TrialBot » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:45 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Flavorable » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:14 am

Your name along with your report history makes it overly clear you were aiming to be edgy/provocative with your IGN. The game does warn you not to use edgy ingame names, as it may result in punishment.

As for Nick Kerr, that's an actual person, son of a Baseball player. And other reports have absolutely 0 bearing on your report or appeal to begin with.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ekcjaOFFICIAL » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:40 am

The last time I was punished was over half a year ago. Over half a year. That should completely invalidate your claim that somehow those reports prove that my entire existence in ToS is to be 'edgy and provocative' because those reports are too old to be considered. If I was breaking rules every day, week, or month then yeah sure I'd see your point, but that is just not the case.

Yes, it does warn me not to use edgy names, however because I found out that a person called 'Nick Kerr' was found not guilty of having an edgy name, then I assumed that having 'Adolf Hillerin' would not be punishable also. As both of those names appear to be controversial, yet both don't directly mean anything controversial. Nick Kerr does not mean a racial slur. Adolf Hillerin does not mean a German dictator.

The point of bringing Nick Kerr was that he was not punished despite his name sounding like a racial slur against Black people, while I was punished because my name sounded like a German dictator leader name. That's an obvious logical contradiction. Nick Kerr is an actual person, just like Adolf Hillerin is. I found multiple people that are called that in my country, and I found at least 8 that are called similarly, in Romania—and the global number can only increase with more countries counted. The only difference is that one is popular, and the second is not. Do I deserve punishment just because someone was born more lucky than the other person?

Also, you just said that 'other reports have absolutely 0 bearing on your report or appeal to begin with.' right after saying 'Your name along with your report history makes it overly clear you were aiming to be edgy/provocative with your IGN'—that's another logical contradiction. First you're telling me that report history matters when it's convenient for you, and later you're telling me it doesn't when it's inconvenient. That just makes no sense. Unless, of course, by 'other' reports you mean reports about other people. Although if you do agree that it's OK to bring up my old reports, then I don't see why it's not OK to not bring the other reports to compare, as for instance to measure whether the punishment was just.
ekcjaOFFICIAL
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:39 am

Greetings,

please keep in mind that time does not invalidify reports, which means as long as you performed the offense its valid.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ekcjaOFFICIAL » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:58 am

Yeah, sure, they are still valid. However, they are too old in my opinion to use them as an argument that I tried to be edgy yesterday. Like they happened half a year ago and since they're that old they shouldn't indicate that I keep trying to be edgy 24/7 or that I tried to be edgy when I was found 'guilty' for this name.
ekcjaOFFICIAL
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:18 pm

It was indeed seen as a filterevasion for [fopdoodle], even if it were accidental.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ekcjaOFFICIAL » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:08 am

Still, the point stands. Adolf Hillerin is viewed against the rules because the name sounds like a German dictator, while Nick Kerr is not, despite it sounding like you know what. Both are real people, it's just that one is more popular than the other. I can't understand why Nick Kerr is allowed and Adolf Hillerin is not, despite both of those names being fundamentally the same (They sound like controversial things and both people exist in real life). So to repeat my points I have made before, I didn't use this name to provoke anybody or to act edgy. And for the same reasons Nick Kerr was allowed, so should Adolf Hillerin, unless they are somehow fundamentally different, and I just don't realize how. My online persona in ToS is based around the name Adolf, with the most common surname being Blueberin, which I sometimes to change to different surnames to be more original at times—not edgy or provocative. This is why I think that this guilty verdict is invalid.
ekcjaOFFICIAL
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:12 am

There's more people with the surname Hitler than there are with the surname Hillerin (which has 8 in total, by the way, not 8 in Romania), and that name's not allowed either.

Also, checking into the history of every report with you in it, ever, you have not once used the name "Adolf Blueberin", or any name with "Adolf" in it to begin with. What I do find in the same history of reports, however (And this is from a game less than a week ago), is things like you saying:
And then subsequently naming yourself:

So yes, you do seem to like "edgy" names, you exhibit questionable behavior, and this time, it got you suspended. Just stop doing this and there'd be no need for suspensions.

And yes, there is a big difference between using a name of someone who is a very well known former NBA player, and a name that you claim exists to suit your argument of it not being a filter evasion.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ekcjaOFFICIAL » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:38 am

Just from this website alone, you can get that there are over 250 people with that surname. Not 8 in total, so that's a lie, you argue just to be difficult and not to resolve an issue. https://www.familysearch.org/en/surname ... e=Hillerin
And that is not even counting other websites or doing more digging than a 5 second long google search. If I tried hard enough with enough given time, I'd probably even be able to list you triple the amount, but by then I presume my punishment would be over by the time I'm done.

Again, why is Hillerin not allowed but Nick Kerr allowed? What's the difference? You never explained it other than one is popular, and the other is not.

"you have not once used the name "Adolf Blueberin", or any name with "Adolf" in it to begin with."
If you have access to all the games that I played, then you would be easily able to point out that very often I call myself Adolf Blueberin. Again, it is fallacious to claim that just because I was never called Blueberin in those reports I never or rarely call myself that—those reports only represent a tiny fraction of my games. Almost meaningless when compared with the rest… Actually, after checking my reports, I can confirm at least 2 reports where I call myself that, so that's already 25% of all reported games, and it already proves I called myself that multiple times, here they are: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/v ... id=3518649, https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/v ... id=3519261 (all innos too)

EDIT: That's actually a single game that I got reported twice for. Still, this proves that I still used 'Adolf Blueberin' in a game, which aligns with my claims.

I can't find a report where I said the things and named myself things in the pictures you showed me, so perhaps you have access to all of my games? If that is so, you can easily check whether I call myself Adolf Blueberin in other games than those brought up.

As for the first photo, I don't see any rules broken here. I never did any racism in that lobby, I never joked about any races. I did tell someone to call themselves the N word to prove that they are badass, although is posting that challenge against the rules when I myself haven't actually even called myself that and that this challenge itself doesn't even have any racism in it by default? And only the answer to this challenge could? Unless, of course, the second party would call themselves the N word then I could probably see myself being the catalyst for it, so I guess I could see a reason to punish me there—but that didn't happen, so.

As for the second photo, You probably believe that it's correlated with my previous comment on Racism. You probably think that White Powder meant 'White Power'. White Powder literally meant the white powder as of… Cocaine, but I guess that's not really much better and still kind of edgy, so point given.

"there is a big difference between using a name of someone who is a very well known former NBA player, and a name that you claim exists to suit your argument of it not being a filter evasion."
OK, What's the difference between using a name of someone popular and someone who is not as popular? The only difference I can see here is the popularity one. Should popularity decide whether I should be guilty or innocent? Because I can't see any other reason, and I await your enlightenment.
ekcjaOFFICIAL
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Sun May 29, 2022 3:12 am

Moderator Message: Your appeal has been denied. Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed.

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals