Banned for Gamethrowing by Outing Throwing VIP?

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Banned for Gamethrowing by Outing Throwing VIP?

Postby mcgxll » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:08 am

Hello,

I didn't even realise I had committed an offence until today when I tried to log in to my account and it said I'd been banned. I've been banned before, and they were actual, fair, conclusions to things I had done; I accept full accountability and responsibility for those. However, I do not believe my most recent report and subsequent ban is fair, considering the circumstances.

Context; This was a VIP game where the VIP mayor went completely AFK D2 after only saying 'Arso: My quesadilla is ready'. The result of this meant town lost majority by D4, with the third last townie being hanged D5. Due to the AFK mayor not voting confirmed evils - there was 4 coven and a coven-siding GA left - it was only me and AFK mayor of remaining town, neither of us being tp (I was tracker). Although I did out the VIP, this was at the end game, and would not have changed the result of the game regardless of who coven killed that night; coven still had majority even with a revealed mayor. How can it be classed as game throwing when there was physically no way for town to win? Furthermore, either the VIP or I would have died the following night (N5), and this would have happened regardless of what I said, since we were the only two townies left. It was only out of frustration that this happened. I tried to play the game fairly until that point but it's difficult and completely one-sided when your only other hope and townie is too busy getting quesadillas for the rest of the game. Yes, I revealed the VIP, but both practically and theoretically, it made 0 difference to the result.

I do not understand why I have been punished for this, especially since my previous bans mean that I'm moving towards a perma ban. I've tried to change how I interact in the game so I don't keep getting reported because it sucks not being able to play. However, I don't feel this report is fair, and I feel as though I'm being punished for revealing the VIP in a game where auto-win should kick in. As you can see in the report, I did not gamethrow in any other ways during the rest of the game, and if anything, I helped town the most I could. I just hope that the guy who went AFK has also been banned, for deliberately starting a game, getting the most important role, whilst knowing he would not be there to complete it.
mcgxll
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Banned for Gamethrowing by Outing Throwing VIP?

Postby Flavorable » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:55 am

Awaiting TrialBot.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:00 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Flavorable » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:47 am

I can see why this is guiltied, although I can also see why this might get exceptioned.
There is a definite history of valid gamethrowing reports that got closed before anyone could handle them, so I definitely see why the Judge did not give you the benefit of the doubt, especially because outing the VIP is a general insta-guilty.

We'll have to leave this for the Admin to decide, however, regardless of the outcome, I highly urge you to stop gamethrowing, make yourself familiar with what is and what isn't allowed, so you can avoid more strikes on your account.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby mcgxll » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:44 am

Any update on this?
mcgxll
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby mcgxll » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:55 pm

Hello? I've now been unbanned but I would still like for this ban to be removed from my account.
mcgxll
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:30 am

Greetings,

currently our admin has no time for a final verdict, so please remain patient.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TurdPile » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:18 pm

Appeal granted.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals