this game racist asf and im paying the price ong

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

this game racist asf and im paying the price ong

Postby ericabanks » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:26 am

hi

so i just got banned for saying the n word (im literally black/Moroccan) . another person called me the n word and they didnt get banned (i know they are white). i believe this company is trying to silence black women because i was told by another person (who i also believe didnt get banned & is white) that i am not allowed to reclaim my own slur. i didnt use the n word in a hostile way, kinda the same way as saying bro & u wouldnt ban someone for saying bro, so why r u banning me, a black woman, for saying nigha? it just seems unfair that these people got no reprecussions for being racist and using my slur while i got banned for using my own slur in a non-hostile way.
ericabanks

Re: this game racist asf and im paying the price ong

Postby Jerme » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:26 am

Greetings,

please keep in mind that "the n word" is a banned word and thus would the usage of the given word result in a ban regardless of a user's race. There is nothing such as "reclaim[ing] slur", so please respect the decision that that slur (and other words as well) are not allowed to be used in this game and the attempted use of it will be punished. If the other user gto away with it (which I doubt) then it has nothign to do with their race, gender, or with BMGs mindset. We want to have a toxicity free game and thus punish those that break the rules.

We do not ban you for beign yourself, but for evading the game's wordfilter to use a banned word, simply as that.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:30 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:42 am

Well, now I understand why the user you mentioend could "have gotten away" with that.
Please note that you did seem to call other players both a homophobic and and racist slurs, which are both banned if typed correctly.
Homophobia and racism is not allowed in this game, which is why the words are forbidden to be used.

The reports are valid and valid reports cannot be appealed.
Appeal denied.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals