Appealing: ice34697

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: ice34697

Postby ice34697 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:18 am

I am writing to appeal the 7day suspension for "gamethrowing", as as reported via REPORT ID# 3547989.

This was a game of COVEN: VIP, in which I was assigned as the Tracker. The VIP was user SAMUELTHESHEEP, using the in-game name of "Rexer". If you go through the chat, you will see that on Day 2, user CAPTAIIN (in-game name "Redbeard") immediately posted psychic vision results. This was followed by Rexer posting his own psychic vision results, causing a conflict between two psychic claims. Given that Rexer was known to be the VIP, the town ended up voting to hang Redbeard, who ended up being the real psychic. Rexer then stated "Rexer: im not really psy, but i dont believe this for a minute, guilty".

Rexer never actually claimed his real role, which was revealed after the game to be Doctor. By faking to be psychic as the VIP, Rexer immediately placed the rest of the town at a major disadvantage against the Coven, since it was now revealed that Rexer was the VIP after the Day 2 hanging of Redbeard. These actions by Rexer, by all accounts, is gamethrowing. Because of these actions, you can read in the chat that the town decided on Day 4 to end to the game by hanging Rexer and move onto a new game since this game was already ruined by Rexer gamethrowing.

Please note that I have been an avid member of the ToS Community since July of 2015. While I understand my actions in voting guilty on Rexer (the VIP) are technically gamethrowing (by the letter of the law), I appeal based solely upon the fact that this game was already compromised by SAMUELTHESHEEP gamethrowing on Day 2 by faking being psychic and getting the real psychic lynched. Please keep in mind that the VIP NEVER claimed his real role.

I ask that this game be reviewed in its entirety, taking account the actions of all players, especially the "game-ruining" actions of SAMUELTHESHEEP. The rest of the town members who were alive on Day 4 were simply guilty of trying to end a game that had had its integrity already destroyed, and as such I do not believe that any town member should be suspended/banned for their actions in lynching "Rexer". However, if you feel as if the suspension is warranted (which I will understand), then I ask that user SAMUELTHESHEEP receive the same punishment for deliberately sabotaging this game.
ice34697

Re: Appealing: ice34697

Postby Jerme » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:30 am

Greetings,

regadless of the VIPs action is every townie gamethrowing by lynching the player they're supposed to keep alive in order to win.
Please note that this is your appeal and not a thread to report other players.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals