APPEAL

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

APPEAL

Postby azramara » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:23 pm

- - - Since I did not receive a response to the appeal I submitted on September 21 and many applications were made after me, I am sending my text again. - - -

Hello,

When I logged into my account to play Town of Salem on September 17, 2021, I saw that my account was banned due to Hate Speech / Harassment. I want to object to this situation because when I reviewed the report of my last "Guilty" game, (Report ID: 3511580) I did not find my ban here correct. When I examine the game, I think that the slang and insulting words I wrote throughout the game are generally simple words that are used a lot on the Turkish server. To give an example, the words "amını siktiğim" that I used in the game are the long written form of the word "amk", which is used a lot, in Turkish and it is definitely normal word. You can see this word in every game played in Turkish Server. It is used for the same purpose as the word "what the fuck" used in games played on the English server, that is, in abbreviated form, "wtf". Even in the game where I was banned, there is someone (number 7) who makes the in-game username "Hepinizin Amk", which means "Fuck you all" in English.

I was trying to play properly, as can be seen from my speeches and actions in this game. My role was Sheriff, and I wrote that the person I investigated at was innocent, along with other possible roles, on my last will and presented it to the game chat as info. My role was Sheriff and I wrote the person I investigated in my will that they were innocent and I also added the other possible roles they might have. I sent these infos into game chat as well. The reason I also added NS/Godfather/Executioner/Witch alongside the Sheriff result is because I think most of the players in Turkish Server don't know the game in detail and I wanted to let them know all the possible roles the player might have even though they came out as innocent. But this situation (me writing 4 different roles: NS/Godfather/Executioner/Witch ) was assumed as an Investigator/Consigliere result by some players and they insulted, sweared at me. (Again, these often used words are the ones I mentioned above ''amk'' and another couple of bad words.) After that, I responded to those people in the same way, in none of the words I said and used, I did not intend to insult anyone in person or to break that person's heart or hurt their feelings.

Despite the fact that I was a Sheriff in the game, there were people trying to lynch me by thinking that I was Invest/Consig. Even though I explained why the will was written like this because it was constantly stated that I was not a Sheriff. Then they continued insulting and swearing at me. When you examine the game, you can already see that other players come at me, swearing and insulting me by being more than one person at the same time. All of the words I have used are words written during my anger and I am sorry that I have already used these words. Of course, the words I have used cannot be an excuse for this, but as I mentioned above, I did not specifically intend to offend, break or hurt anyone. As I said, I think these words are common words that I see in almost every game I play. I have played a lot of games in Turkish Server and I almost everyday, see/am exposed to a sight worse bad words.

I started the game in April, 2016 and still am playing since then. Town of Salem is a game I really like and enjoy playing. I've been playing the game very often and actively for years. I always plays to win the game and enjoys competition. However, my nickname (azramara) contains my real name ''Azra'' and its a Turkish girl name and it’s the reason that I almost everyday get exposed to cyber sexual assault in the lobby without absolutely even doing anything. In every game I play on the Turkish server, I am exposed to such sexual discourses, insults and swears. As these behaviours towards me continue nonstop, I sometimes get very angry and answer them the way they do to me, as in this game. Certainly this is not an excuse for my words but at this point I want you to understand me. For the last 1 month, I generally avoid all kinds of slang words and using profanity. I no longer display these behaviors and attitudes. I have been trying to avoid swearing and insulting just because I like this game and I don't want to be banned. I am not someone who is toxic, doing talk trash, swearing, spamming or trolling the game. I am not a person who attacks people out of the blue, swears or trolls the game. I really enjoys and likes the game. For these reasons, I think it is not right for me to be banned because of Hate Speech / Harassment.

Apart from this, in the games played on the English server, any sanction is not easily applied to such insults and swears. In general, blasphemy, racism and homophobic situations are sanctioned. None of the things I said during the game involve anything related to insulting religious values, racism, homophobia or pedophilia. For these reasons, I think that my ban is not correct in accordance with the principle of equality.

I hope you will review my report and decide again.

Best regards,
azramara
azramara

Re: APPEAL

Postby TrialBot » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:25 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Re: APPEAL

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:08 pm

Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin